Dave on X3 DVD?

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Editor Man
Lubber
Lubber

Dave on X3 DVD?

Post by Editor Man »

I read somewhere online that the exclusive Wal-Mart version of the X3 DVD has a second disc that contains interviews with X-Men comic creators, and it implied that Dave was one of the people featured. My local Wal-Mart doesn't have it, so I was wondering if anyone out there has already bought it and could confirm or deny this? Remember, it's the exclusive Wal-Mart version of X3, not just any store's copy.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Dave on X3 DVD?

Post by Paty »

:magneto
Paty here... yes, Ihave a set...and Dave's interview, shot here at Belton in his studio, is, indeed, on the second disc. Ihave been trying to get extra copies, but our local stores are all out of them ...they disappeared a couple of weeks before Christmas...I would guess just after he passed away...and there are probably a limited run of them...so youmight check eBay or amazon...
dave's interview, done last year, is the best one on the disk, in my opinion...but then... I think I am biased...LOL
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
jafabian
Lubber
Lubber

Dave on X3 DVD?

Post by jafabian »

Geez. My disc only has the movie. I got hosed! And I got it at Sam's Club! You'd think they'd carry the Wal-Mart disc as well. Now I have to really do some looking for it.
Beware the Sleestak
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Dave on X3 DVD?

Post by Paty »

well... my local walmart was all sold out.. and so was ny not so local one... apparently they all flew off the shelves just before christmas... right after Dave died, in fact... so I guess word got around.
Pirate Kurt found some at the walmart .com site... no wide screen, but full screen was available, so I got the extra ones i needed by ordering through the website for walmart... you might try that. there may be some still in stores out there... but i wouldn't count on it... and I am told that on specials like that that once they are gone... they are gone... they probably won't reissue them.
OK? Try the walmart.com website...
I believe someone was selling copies of that disk on ebay, too...but couldn't say for sure...didn't see it myself, was told of it.

there were actually three different releases of X3... one was just the disk... one had a comic book by Stan with it and one was the two-pack special by Walmart whichhad the interview disk in it. Had Claremont, and others involved in writing the X Men over the years as well, I believe, Joe Quesada, the current ed in chief.
Hope this helps...
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
jafabian
Lubber
Lubber

Dave on X3 DVD?

Post by jafabian »

Thanks Paty. I usually get only widescreen DVD's, but I'll make an exception if I can see an interview with Dave. I've been collecting comics for more than 30 years because of him so I've got to get this!
Beware the Sleestak
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Dave on X3 DVD?

Post by Paty »

go for it... and let me know, OK.. Pirate Kurt told me he could only find the full screen as opposed to the wide screen...so I guess that is all that is left. I am told that once the "specials" are gone that they don't reissue them...so if you already have a widescreen version, you will have the whole magila... except for the comic book...which is a hoot. One issue had a digest sized comic book, written by stan...ti reprinted three stories with Magneto... acting like a nutball as Stan wrote him... and the fourth part of the book was a new story in which Xavier and Magneto come to Stan and upbraid him with the image of Mags that he apparently projected. they told him he had to go back and bring Magneto's image into a more positive light. they even take him back in time and space to do this... but Stan says he cannot do that and change history in that retgard...can't happen... but he mollifies Xavier and Mags by telling them he will "fix" it... and the last two pages have mags and Xavier lounging by the pool and drinking martinis or whatever and Stan calling the Marvel offices with this new, exciting storyline... no..you guys can take credit for it...etc... in typical stan hype... it's a hoot! We got that one accidentally first and then heard about the double disk set... which we ran right out and bought so Dave could see his interview... and it was, in my opinion, the best one on the disk. Dave was pleased with it...and then we learned that his wolverine art will be used on a US issued postage stamp this summer. He saw a print of the stammp sheet... but didn't live to see the real issue. He did regale his father with the fact that his art would be on a postage stamp, though and his dad was very happy and impressed with the news. so short of seeing the Futurians on the silver screen, I guess he was fairly pleased with his creations in Lala land...LOL...
Good luck on the search for the disk... let me know how you make out, OK?
Huggies
paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Editor Man
Lubber
Lubber

Dave on X3 DVD?

Post by Editor Man »

I wouldn't be surprised if they put out a double disc X3 in wide release with all of the interviews on it later this year. Movie companies have it down to a science when it comes to making people buy DVD releases twice.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Dave on X3 DVD?

Post by Paty »

when the first doule pack was issued, it was issued in both full screen and wide screen. We have a wide screen cuz that is the format dave preferred...so they were out there... they just got slurped up very quickly after news of his death surfaced on the net...or so i extrapolate from the news at my two local Walmarts that the end of November, they all disappeared from the shelves... almost overnight. Now, we got our in september, shortly after they were released... but in the middle of December, there was not a one of the double packs... either full screen OR wide screen on the shelves. OK... christmas was a comin'... but almost overnight at the end of November? and other people around the country that i contacted in the hopes of getting a couple for my kid's birthdays, found none in their local stores, either... wheras they knew they had been there only a short time before...go figure...
All I can think of is that the double pack with the interviews disappeared almost wholesale... and the only place we have found any was on the walmart website ...and those only the full screen edition...
I do know the wide screen edition was issued...I have one...but when i asked a store employee if they would be getting any more in, she said that once the specials were gone, they almost never reissued them. Now, they had on the shelves the single disk issue... but not the "special double disk" sets.

paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Dave on X3 DVD?

Post by InterNutter »

We could put out word... anyone who has it, please rip the Dave sections and share them on YouTube. That way, everyone can see it ^_^
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Dave on X3 DVD?

Post by Paty »

cool... that would be great... I have the disk, but have no idea how to do what you suggest... being computer illiterate has it's downside...LOL...
But I am sure there are people out there who might be able to do this...might not be exactly legal...but what the hey...
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
GalacticAgent
Lubber
Lubber

Dave on X3 DVD?

Post by GalacticAgent »

I went to the Walmart site and they had a full-frame, 2 dvd set and the second dvd is (Neil Rosen, NY1). "X-Men Revealing" - A revealing, behind-the-scenes look at the evolution of the "X-Men" Franchise. Is this the set with Dave's interview?

God Bless, Paty
Jerry
I'll just jump up here on the rigging. You mean on top of everything else, this ship is rigged? Rumble, rumble. Stop that rumbling down there! Rumble
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Dave on X3 DVD?

Post by Paty »

yes... he is on the x Men revealed disk... the second of the set. the movie is on one disk and the x Men revealed disk is the one with interviews...Dave's, Joe quesada, Chris claremont, and other writers on the series over the years. I don't remember if stan's was on there or not... that was right during the time he was battleing Marvel for his share of the revenues they were trying to cheat him out of on the spiderman films.
Most creators, especially in the early years, got nothing from Marvel except their page rate...ever... stan, of course, was a fixture and the company icon... so why they tried to cheat him is beyond me... but they are greedy bastards. they were cheap then, not returning art to the artists and sometimes even cutting it up and destroying it...and they are not much better now... only the light of public opinion is shining on them and and occasionally they are forced to do something right. stan sued them and won...others, like lawsuits on blade and Howard the duck, have gone nowhere.
shooter did one thing right. It was under him that creators got some payback in the form of merchandising rights on certain characters they created. dave got merchancising rights on some of his later creations... such as the Brood... but not on the original creations given marvel in his first run... which included the shi'ar Empire, the Imperial Guard, the Starjammers, and, of course, Storm, Colossus and thunderbird...as well as Mystique. Nightcrawler they had to admit he had before he came to Marvel and he did eventually get some merchandising royalties on that character for a couple of years before he died. No royalties of any kind fromt he movies... in fact, Marvel never even invited him to any of the premieres... or even gave us a free ticket!
that's marvel for ya... all class!
but Dave's interview is definately on the second disk of that set and it is a really good one, shot here at the studio. We had no idea if or when it would appear... but we got the set for Dave and he saw it just before he died... which is a great thing in and of itself. It was the best interview on the disk.
Of course, I may be prejudiced...
LOL
paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Re: Dave on X3 DVD?

Post by Paty »

OK... I don't know what this is. Is it Dave? could be... he did numerous interviews over the years but to my knowledge never went as "David X". so I have no idea if this particular thingie is concerning Dave. We did have a friend who came to the house several times to interview both Dave and myself but i don't remember if he video taped it... I do know he audio taped the interviews...and the only video interview I know about directly was the one taped here at the studio that is on the X Men 3 double set marketed by Walmart.

Hey, mods... are any of you computer savvy enough to safely check out this thing and let us know if it pertains to Dave at all? I know I am not computer savvy and if it is a spamscam thingie I would get myself infected ... so I am not going there... or saying I know what this is. I don't know any miami beach chiropractors, either... it sounds kinda fishy to me

Paty
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Sorry about that, Paty, it was a spambot. Little buggers get smarter and smarter, slipping through the register page and all.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

No prob, kiddo... that's why I asked any mod who might be monitoring to take a look into it. It just didn't seem kosher to me and I figured you guys and gals would be on top of it if you knew about it.Good work!!!
now, if we can only figure out where my tag line went to... are they not allowed any more or do I have to go in and reset it?... just wondering...it has been a while since I posted here...craziness at home ensues and I was outta commission for a while with the broken leg... so I am not up on all the latest stuff with the site... especially since our fave character's supposed death...sigh...marvel sucks and it doesn't look like it is gonna get better cuz Perlmutter is the tail waging the Disney dog... and all he apparently cards about is money...sigh... which is never a good thing with the comic book industry...
anyway... thanks...

LOL
Paty
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Paty,

Your signature is there, you just haven't got it turned on. When you click the "Quick Reply" option, scroll past the text box and click on "Full Editor" and under the text box there there is a box with all the options. You just need to check the option that says "Attach a Signature" and you're good.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

thanks hon... LOL...
you guys know I am so computer illiterate it isn't even believable...and you are so gracious with me...I shall try that...I don't think I ever had to do that before but it's ok...time and techs march on...
LOL
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

It worked!

And no worries. It's just different systems work different ways. We're all still readjusting to the new platform.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Oh wow, it works.

I too had been wondering about that.

Oh and heya Paty, long time no see! :wave
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS