For those wishing to make a contribution in Dave's memory

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

The family has requested that those who wish to make donations in memory of Dave Cockrum to make them to Hero, a non-profit organization that provides monetary assistance to former comic book creators requiring supplemental health, medical and quality-of-life assistance.

Thier donation page can be found here

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

I happened to notice that Clifford Meth posted this elsewhere:

"Paty & I just hung up. She requested that, in lieu of flowers, contributions are made to ACTOR, a cause/organization that she and Dave believed very strongly in."

Can anyone confirm where the family wishes memorials be made?

Thank you.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

They are one and the same. The link above is the group that the family has requested the donations go to.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

Thank you.
Nightwind
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nightwind »

For any Canadians who may have trouble donating online, I believe that the organization is collecting funds at either the Paragon Comics Expo 2007 (Hall C at the exibition place), or the Fan expo 2007(near the CN Tower) in summer. Just cause I'm not overly sure which one it is, check out their websites.
Icarus!
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Icarus! »

Hi! I have my issues of X-Men #'s 94-99 up on ebay rignt now under seller name icarus23mark -- the proceeds of 50% of that will be going to the American Diabetes Association, and the next lot will be going to the charity you list above, if they accept Mission Fish. This is the beginning of a series of charitable auctions that I'll be doing this year to celebrate something that I can't state bluntly just yet.. but it has something to do with my past publications and the origins of the Hellfire Club for anyone curious.. feel free to spread the word.

Also, in my MySpace (Celinean Musings, or the account name icarus23 for the site) I have a blog started where I'll be reviewing these books off the CD ROM version of them. Enjoy!