Fun comics

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Fun comics

Post by Entropy »

These days most comics aren't very fun.
For the most part there are few comics nowadays that I really enjoy. But perhaps things are changing, as Marvel is letting Alan Davis do a new Clandestine series. If you never read it, it was both written and drawn by Davis and was very adventure and fun filled. I hope that this starts a trend of comics that are fun and exciting again.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Fun comics

Post by Dark Bamf »

Fun comics were always my favorites. I always tried to put a sense of fun in my own comics. My favorite sreies from the '60s was T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents--as many of you must know by now, because I constantly mention them--and that was because there was a lot of fun in their stories. I also love the original Captain Marvel--the one from the '40s--for the same reason.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Fun comics

Post by Entropy »

The fun that you put in your comics, along with the fabulous art, really made your comics stand out and makes them some of my favorites.

I've heard a lot about T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents, but have never been able to find any sort of collected editions. In fact when i ask about the comic at most places, the kid behind the counter gives me a blank look. Also never read the original Capt. Marvel so i'll have to look into that.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Fun comics

Post by Paty »

:magneto
I seem to remember Alan Davis' first ClanDestine series... and I love this man's art and storytelling so this is great news! I shall have to tell my shopkeeper to put that on my list...LOL

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Fun comics

Post by Dark Bamf »

Sometime in the past few years DC Comics acquired the rights to reprint T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents, and they did the entire run in six beautiful hardcover volumes of DC Archives. Thay're a bit pricey at $50 each, but well worth it if you can afford them. DC also has a few volumes of the original Captain Marvel archived under the WHIZ title.. They too are pricey.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny