To Mr. Cockrum

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
etherpunk
Lubber
Lubber

To Mr. Cockrum

Post by etherpunk »

Greetings, sir!

I just discovered this board quite by accident (not sure exactly how, heh) and noticed you had a place set aside for you. I thought that was great!

I recently was reading an interview you did with Back Issue magazine a while back (I believe it was a Pro2Pro with Mike Grell) where you talked about your Legion work.

I guess my question is this - When you were working on the Legion, who would you say out of the characters was your most favorite to draw?

Also, have you heard about the Legion cartoon starting this weekend? If you have The CW in your area, you should check it out.

Oh, and Nightcrawler has always been my favorite X-Man. Easy choice when you've got a fuzzy blue elf :)
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

To Mr. Cockrum

Post by Dark Bamf »

Phantom Girl was my favorite, with Shadow Lass a close second. No, I hadn't heard about a Legion cartoon. What's the CW? And thanks for your comments about Nightcrawler. He's my main man, and my alter ego.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
etherpunk
Lubber
Lubber

To Mr. Cockrum

Post by etherpunk »

The CW is basically a TV network combining the WB (the folks who did the Batman and Superman animated series) and the UPN network (home of shows like Veronica Mars).

Phantom Girl's one of the main characters in the version of Legion they're doing in the cartoon, as is Timber Wolf, Lightning Lad, Bouncing Boy, Brainiac 5 and Saturn Girl. I'm still a little miffed they left out Cosmic Boy out of the main group, but they're supposed to be bringing him in for cameos during a couple of the episodes.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

To Mr. Cockrum

Post by Paty »

:magneto

DAMMIT!!! WHAT ABOUT MY FAVE... CHAMELEON BOY???

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
etherpunk
Lubber
Lubber

To Mr. Cockrum

Post by etherpunk »

I like Cham too, Paty. You couldn't have the Legion without him!
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

To Mr. Cockrum

Post by Paty »

I should think NOT!!! Cham was the best! I had a thing for his pointy ears...I like Spock and Namor, too. Pointy ears are a mark of beauty...Nighty has them too...LOL
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020