Assistance needed with an old Dave picture

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
AjLombardi
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AjLombardi »

Ok I'm looking for an old sketch i saw Dave do once. It was a concept drawing he did she looked like Storm. I believe she was was named The Cat and was realted to the Vampyre character Dave created. If anyone can recall seeing this picture please let me know here i can find a image of it. Dave if you happen to know i'd really appreciate it Thanks.

AjL
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

She was the Black Cat, and her only relationship to Vampyre was that neither of them got used as X-Men. With a cape and white hair, she became Storm. And with different powers, of course. I have a copy of the drawing in my files somewhere, and if I can find it i'll post it. Check the gallery, though--it might be there.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
AjLombardi
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AjLombardi »

Thanks Dave i'd appreciate it if you could find it. For the life of me i can't recall where i saw it. I saw Vampyre in the gallery but not Black Cat . oh i guess i remembered incorrectly. Wasn't Nightcrawler evolved from designs based on Vampyre. Also they were originally your idea's to do for DC am i remembering correctly ?
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Dark Bamf »

I first thought up Nightcrawler while stationed on Guam, when I was in the Navy. My notion then was that he was a demon who had screwed up on a mission from Hell, and rather than go back and face punishment, he hung around on the mortal plane as a sidekick to a guy I called 'the Intruder'. You may find a drawing of the Intruder in the gallery under the Futurians file.

When Jack Kirby first created his Demon back in the late '60s, I decided to drop the demon origin--but I still pictured him as very animalistic, running up and down buildings on all fours, howling at the moon, etc. When I was doing the Legion of Superheroes for DC, I offered him as a prospective Legionnaire, an alien coming from a savage, other dimension. But Legion editor Murray Boltinoff was so conservative that he was afraid Nightcrawler would offend the readers.

Ridiculous, huh?

Anyway, when I got the opportunity to work on X-Men, I brought Nightcrawler with me. Writer Len Wein gave him the German persona, and there you have it.

The reason we didn't use Vampyre is that it was felt that he and Nightcrawler looked too much alike and one of them had to go. It was left up to me, and I preferred Nightcrawler.

--Atilla's Hunny
AjLombardi
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AjLombardi »

Thou I like Vampyre's design there is something more appealing about Nightcrawlers look to me good choice.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

An excellent choice, if I say so myself. You seemed to invest so much of your personality in Nightcrawler, if I remember correctly, so it stands to reason you would prefer him.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
AjLombardi
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AjLombardi »

Dave I just wanted to let you know that i was able to get a copy of the Black Cat

A fellow of the name Frank Strysik on another forum found and posted the picture for me. How he knew i wanted it don't know but it was nice of him to help out. Frank if you are a member here and i'm not aware of thank you again.
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Dark Bamf »

Notice to StarChild: I just deleted your most recent post. Once again, your post was argumentative and in the nature oif being a stalker. AJLombardi DOES NOT want to hear from you. You may continue to post here as long as you behave yourself, but if you can't comport yourself in a civil fashion, I'll have you banned.

--Atilla's Hunny
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Dark Bamf »

Notice to AJLombardi: You managed to respond to StarChild's diatribe before I got it deleted. I don't want my forum becoming a haven for this kind of BS, so I deleted yours too. Now, STOP IT.

--Atilla's Hunny
AjLombardi
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AjLombardi »

I completely understand.