reblast from the past

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
GalacticAgent
Lubber
Lubber

reblast from the past

Post by GalacticAgent »

Hey Dave, I have resurfaced. Remember that name, GalacticAgent? Still have the original. Thanks for all the stuff. I'll hang on to those. No Ebay.
Just learned of your medical problems and have to say we're praying for you. Like to hear from you. We got a lot of things to discuss.

Just like the note I left on your locker at Miramar, you're still full of it!

Jerry
I'll just jump up here on the rigging. You mean on top of everything else, this ship is rigged? Rumble, rumble. Stop that rumbling down there! Rumble
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

reblast from the past

Post by Dark Bamf »

Holy smoke, Jerry, how the hell are ya! Long time no see! Boy, your mention of Miramar sure harks back to times past.

Folks, GalacticAgent is Jerry Thompson, an old high school buddy of mine. Later on we joined the Navy separately, but wound up both stationed at Naval Air Station Miramar in California--me as a member of VF-124, a fighter squadron based there at Miramar, and Jerry attached to a different squadron (I forget which one) which was actually stationed aboard one of our pacific carriers, but which spent its shore tim e at Miramar.

Jerry was another budding artist, and we used to compete at designing superheroes, and having cartoon wars (one of us would draw a cartoon and the other would respond with an answering one, and back and forth and so on). Last I heard, Jerry had his own art agency.

I'm doing as well as can be expected these days, Jerry--Dialysis has settled down to bein g an unpleasant chore that blows three of my days a week, but I have to say I feel a hell of a lot better now that I'm doing it. I had surgery on my left eye about three weeks ago, and I'm waiting for my vision to clear. It's doing it slowly. Next Tuesday I have surgery on my left foot: I have a seven year old ulcer there, and they're going to try to plug it with artificial tissue. If there's enough tissue left, they may do the one on my right foot as well. Once through that, it's the end of my surgical problems for now, unless I become eligible for a kidney transplant. So I can settle down into some sort of routine, and maybe actually get back to work.

So how're you doing these days? What's up with you?

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
GalacticAgent
Lubber
Lubber

reblast from the past

Post by GalacticAgent »

Man, you were hard to track down. I'm really sorry for not talking to you sooner. After we talked when you were living in NY, I got lazy and let the time slip away. I wanted to talk to you in 2002 but didn't know of your medical probs and then you moved and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to find you again. I did a search and found this site. Maybe someday we can take an Indian to lunch and show him we're a regular bunch.

I wanted to get in touch with you in 2002 because that year was the worst year of our lives(Julie and me). Our son Eric of 18 years was killed in a car accident. We thought the world had come to an end and then 4 days later Julie's sister died. I don't think we would have survived without the support of our church and friends. So 3 years later, our lives are almost normal again.

We were in NY(actually we were staying at a home in Navesink, NJ) for the first time in our lives in Aug/Sept 2002 to just get away. I'm sorry we didn't hook up but we just need some time for ourselves. Wanna go back, maybe in the fall, like now.

Julie works for a co. that manufactures flavors! Ice cream, foods, medicines, all use the flavors they manufacture.

While I still have the graphic art business(imagegraphics.org), most of my time is now doing custom paint on motorcycles and helmets. Hopefully we will be moving into a new location to expand our business. I'd like to send you some pics, but I don't know how. Check my website and email me your address.

Our health is good and we pray that yours will be. Say hello to your wife who seems to see something in you that she would want to marry you!?!?!? But I guess she knows what she's doing?

Email me. Seeya!
Jerry
Attachments
familysml.jpg
familysml.jpg (50.78 KiB) Viewed 3714 times
I'll just jump up here on the rigging. You mean on top of everything else, this ship is rigged? Rumble, rumble. Stop that rumbling down there! Rumble