Holiday Greetings

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Adrienne
Lubber
Lubber

Holiday Greetings

Post by Adrienne »

Hello Dave. I'm your cousin Adrienne from California. You and your dad stopped by to visit us shortly before you joined the Navy and went to MirMar in San Diego. You drew me pictures of your pet collie and of "widgets". Sure wish I could find them! I know I have them somewhere. It's great to know you became a successful cartoonist as you planned.

I have sent you a couple of letters in the past, but got no response. I'm sorry to read about your illness and I hope you are on the mend. My dad (James Edwin) and I were back to the Old Country in 2001 and visited with your dad at his home. I got some good audio tapes of your dad and mine talking about all sorts of stuff, including geneology, of course.

I'm visiting family in Virginia, and we were talking about geneology, so I decided to look up info on our family - the Cockrums (as I do periodically). I came upon the "Tribute" page for you and got a little worried. So I'm glad to read that you are recovering. Well, I could keep writing for quite some time, but will close for now. I hope I haven't violated any chat line rules - I have not been on one before now! It would be great to see you again one of these years! You can see what I've been up to at my website, which is the back part of my e-mail. Blessings to you and Paty, your YOUNGER :) cousin Adrienne

P.S. - Becki's son Phillip graduates from Marine boot camp (San Diego) 10 Dec. Continuing the fine tradition of spurning the Air Force. ;>)
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Holiday Greetings

Post by Dark Bamf »

Hi, Adrienne! How great to hear from you! I do remember staying at your place a couple times when I was in the Navy, and I remember you and your sis fondly. I did get a couple of letters from you over the years, and only rank stupdity prevented me from answering them. I'm the sort of untidy person who tucks letters 'where I'll find them when I want them', and don't actually locate them for two or three years--after which I'd feel like a fool answering them.

I did indeed have a very bad illness--double pneumonia with sepsis, complicated by kidney failure. For a period of nine days they didn't know whether I was going to live or die. The only reason they felt they were doing anything right, was that I DIDN'T die. When I came out of the coma, I still spent four months in the hospital, during which time I had to learn to walk and do things for myself all over again.

I'm recovering nicely now, but I've had occasional relapses. I wound up back in hospital for five days, just last month. I became dehydrated, and my kidneys started failing again.

It ain't fun.

I'll go look for your website, but in the meantime, let's see if we can't keep in touch, ok?

Dave ( :bamf )
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Adrienne
Lubber
Lubber

Glad you got in touch

Post by Adrienne »

Yes, let's do keep in touch. I'm glad you got my letters. I have always been very proud of your success. It's a lot of fun to cruise the web and see all the different sites that our family members have created! How did we ever get along before www? One of your recent posts mentioned your upcoming kidney dialysis (it mentioned Feb), or perhaps that was last Feb. Send me an e-mail on my website. I'll be back home Wednesday and will write to you from there. I have not quite gotten accustomed to public forums like this one, but I am glad we re-connected. It will be fun to catch up! Blessings, Adrienne
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Holiday Greetings

Post by Dark Bamf »

Hey, Adrienne--I tried to use your email addy from your website, but my computer insists on having me answer registration questions that I don't know HOW to answer (regarding mail service that came with this computer). So I haven't been able to get through. I tried sending a private message via U2U, but I'm getting some sort of error notification.

Not sure what to try next, but I'll keep trying...

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Adrienne
Lubber
Lubber

Holiday Greetings

Post by Adrienne »

Well that's no bueno - bummer. Is this your new Mac? I tested the e-mail on my site and it works, so I'll give you a call and see if we can work through it. Adrienne