PATY!!!! rumour has it... (NXM SPOILERS)

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

ok...[spoiler] As far as I can tell, Grant Morrison has got Magneto back...he has been disguized as Xorn all this time and not dead at all. I can't confirm this yet, but Chris has been rather smug about havng a very special guest in X-Treme and has had quite the time making us guess and teasing us at ComiX-Treme about a certain leader of the free world meeting with Rogue and Gambit....If I' turn out to be wrong, I'll beat up both Chris AND Grant for teasing:P [/spoiler]
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BamfKat »

Hmmmm, what better place to for him to hide. I am interested to see if you are correct. I am also dying to hear Paty's response! :naughty:
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

How can anybody respond to that? It looks like it's been scribbled out with a black marker!

However, if you're referring to the business of Xorn supposedly being Magneto, alas, you're correct.

Wotta bunch of bullhonky.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Originally posted by Dark Bamf
How can anybody respond to that? It looks like it's been scribbled out with a black marker!
It's the spoiler code for the board, so people who do not want to be told about future stories won't accidently read it. To read the hidden text, move your curser over the text and hold down the left mouse button as if you were copying it.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

O_o i don't wanna believe this.....i like Xorn and for me would be a total dissapointment.
i hope they're just teasing.
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

They're not. I own the issue now. The final page has him revealed as [spoiler]Magneto[/spoiler] without the helmet on. It's definitely him. And he says it was a ruse from the start. He created Feng Tu prison to distract them. *sigh*

The issue itself was ok. Plenty of stilted dialogue and weird plot-driven convienences, such as Wolverine surviving the base explosion from last issue. The Xorn/Xavier confrontation was dramatic enough, but then again, it's REALLY hard to screw up a [spoiler]Magneto[/spoiler]/Charles scene.

I think, and I've expressed this before, my main beef with this is that it feels like Morrison is acting like the petty child who, instead of having to share his toys, breaks them before anyone can use them. As far as I can see, EVERYTHING Morrison did during his run is being reversed. [spoiler]Xavier crippled, Xorn no more, the Special Class being in league with Mags and thus won't be at the school when all is said and done, Cerebra destroyed, Magneto alive etc. etc. etc[/spoiler]. I think THAT'S what's aggrivating me the most. But, hey, there's still 4 more issues to the arc, lots can happen. I'm skeptical, but vaguely optimistic.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Ack no fair :/
i don't want something like this..i liked Xorn as a independient character...not like this..bah.
Right now i feel the same as you Ryan, i'm skeptical but vagely optimistic.
i'm not liking this at all.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Interesting plot bunny, yes, but I'm sad to see the only real NXM character I liked turn out to be an uber-baddy. :cry

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Melylott »

Don't you like Mags Siona? If you don't I'll hit you. :sausage
*smiles sweetly*
And a message to Ernst: go! Run! Get out of there before Xorn can turn you evil! *saves Ernst*
I like Ernst a little. ^^
:abyss Abyss's Number Two Fan! I Love Nils!!! :abyss
:austen
"The Shire is THAT way!"
---Frodo, One Ring to Rule Them All 2 (Greatest Flash EVAH!11)
#1 Fan of Blue!Jill. Sorry Bamfette. ^_^ :jillian
I love Wither!
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Originally posted by Melylott
Don't you like Mags Siona? If you don't I'll hit you. :sausage
*smiles sweetly*
And a message to Ernst: go! Run! Get out of there before Xorn can turn you evil! *saves Ernst*
I like Ernst a little. ^^
Too late :p
And it's not a matter of not liking Mags, it's losing Xorn in the process. It's like: *Poof* "Y'know that character I introduced and had you like for 2 years? Well HA! He never existed! Tricked you! Tee hee"
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Post by Paty »

:mags:
the people...and I sue that term lightly... at Marvel these days seem to have a sadistic streak in them. they delight in yanking our chains. They tell us one thing and then do the exact opposite. they routinely destroy characters we love or warp them in such a perverted manner that one wonders what kind of life they really have if this is how they get their jollies.
Yes...I have seen and read the abomination. I cannot say I am surprised. I didn't see the annual issue that introduced Xorn ..so when he appeared I said "who is this Xorn character that the Prof seems to know from way back?" And that is the one thing that gave me pause when I mumbled tomyself "Is this Mags???" It seemed that he had such a long backstory...china and all... that he couldn't be.
There is some speculation on one of the boards devoted to Magneto that I frequent that Mags isn't really Mags. The inconsistancies and plot holes are too great. Why didn't wolvie sniff him out? You don't change your basic body chemistry...and Wolvie knows what Mags smells like! Why didn't Chas have a clue? How is Mags responsible for Weapon Plus when according to the readout, weapon plus was started with Captain America...probably before Mags was born...or at least when he was a child! We know he is GOOD...but we didnn't know the Magster was THAT good!!!
Quesada and Morrison want us to believe that Mags is responsible for everything bad since year one. The Sentinals, the nanosentinals, probably Cassandra Nova will get thrown in too...and HOW IN HELL could Jean and Wolvie recognize Asteroid M in the metal scrap of the weapon plus satellite???What? There's a sign saying "Welcome to Asteroid M" on the wall? And how can wolvie exist in space without a suit or forcefield after the area around him has been compromised and opened to space? Wolvie's good ...but not THAT good!
As I said...plot holes to drive a semi through! Actually, a fleet of semis...
He looks great...and I am ashamed to say I drooled on the last page...sigh...but what the bozos are doing is so fractured and idiotic that it boggles the mind.
Don't wait for the denouncement...write to the overseers of quesada...as found in my signature...and complain loudly and stridently!!! And tell your friends to do so too! It may not make any difference...but they gotta know that there are fans out here who will not take this wanton destruction of a good character lying down!
I do not understand Chris's glee...as reported above. He loved his personification of Magneto...and this abomination destroys all that he built. The whole mess makes no sense at all.
I suspect they are still yanking our chains...
Makes me really pissed...and it ain't good to piss off the witch... to hell with umbrellas...where's my freakin cauldron??!!!
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by jogurt »

At the day I heard the first of the whole Xorn thing I was schocked and confused. I never expect that and I felt a bit pissed by the Idea. I wondered I f Morrison planed that the whole time....or it was an Idea what comes later in his head.
Im still wondering about the issue from Xorn view. How do that work together with this?
Im kinda sad about this...
The Pyramid over Egypt links with the Pyramid
of Time and Illusion. It is run by I, Thoth or
Hermes, the Trickster and Master of the Game.
(AKA. Azazel;) )
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

Actually, in defense of Chris, I don't know that he did mean Magneto in his hints to us on Cordially Chris. I was merely wondering if he did :surprise because I can't imagine him agreeing with GM's plastic cut out villain version of the elegant and complex Magneto.
I plan on emailing him and asking his opinion, that is after I rant about it, of course :mad

Mags is so much more than villain and I am really unhappy about this. GM should stick to his edgy counter culture indy stuff and stay away from the X-Men...I realize that I am in the minority who think that, but I am not tactful when I'm upset and am truly sorry if I offend with my statements, but it is what I think.

Magneto/Xorn are just the latest in a long line of complaints that I have with this writers style. He seems to have a cavalier disregard both for established history and for his fellow Canon X writers, with whom he is supposed to share the Mansion, Charles X, Cerebra, Wolvie and several other points that I can't recall right now. Instead he goes about with devil-may-care glee in making as big a mess before he leaves as possible....this actually hurts to say this, because I found Grant to be a clever and interesting person to talk to and I'm confused as to his motives...Is he just tired of his X-Toys and so is doing what ever amuses him at the moment?

I am still hoping this turns out ok, but I'm not holding my breath :(

Sorry for the rant and my apologies to Mr.Morrison for disagreeing with his writing style.
Panz

Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I'm still waiting for a clear, full-out explanation as to how Xorn/Magneto was brought into the light, how he can do the stuff he does (healing powers, NO HEAD?!?!) before making any major decisions on the current plot...

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

Originally posted by Paty
Makes me really pissed...and it ain't good to piss off the witch... to hell with umbrellas...where's my freakin cauldron??!!!
Paty
That almost made me feel sorry for them...ok, that's over. This really gets my goat and I haven't even read it yet. I know, I know, they can do what they want, but it still bothers me. Can't they leave a good character alone? *deep breath* Ok, I'm ok, really. Call me naive, call me anything you like, but I thought used to think cannon meant something.
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

Morrison started becoming fractured in his writing style way back when he was doing Animal Man for DC. He started out telling interesting stories and devolved into such fractured storylines that it was almost impossible to understand what he was doing.
I personally wondered if he were delving into the drug culture and it was showing in his work. A person on drugs is convinced they can see so clearly..but they are generally incoherent when trying to explain their clearly seen visions. Something gets lost in the translation, I guess. but the problem is...that he has continued in this same fractured style. methinks his brain is truely fried!

The other thing is that Marvel editorial seems to be on a vendetta to wipe out chris's complex adversary and return him to the mindless villain of the silver age Stan Lee era. Now this is stupid, cuz Stan himself likes what chris did with Mags..making him a much more interesting character to write! And it was Sir Ian's portrayal...in classic Claremont style...of Magneto that prompted Stan to say that he wished he had done more with the character! Quesada and crew obviously don't want to hear it. they have their path set and only a major upheaval will change it...and perhaps not even that. Morrison is gone. And gone in a way that left quesada with egg on his face. Morrison was allowed to run rampant cuz he has a lot of very vocal fanboys who shout down any opposition to their little tin god's offerings. And, as long as Morrison was toeing the line and retconning characters as editorial wished, he could write the veriest drivel and they would laud it to the skies.
I do not care anymore what Morrison writes...he will be gone with issue 154. I do believe. He had plotted further, but they are not going there since he quit so peremmptorially. I am surprised they are letting this story arc go through...but if it says what they want it to, I guess that's all that matters to them.
I have a problem with what I have heard about the upcoming Uncanny 431, I believe it is. It concerns Lorna Dane's belief that Mags is her father...once again harking back to very early issues..when she was introduced in the original run and thought at the time she was Mags's daughter. Later storylines debunked this...but Chuck Austen seems to have picked it up again...and it truely does not fit into Magneto cronology as we know it...sooo... just another retcon and destruction of another part of Magneto's backstory and character.
I am about to give up! Until someone over their editorial heads says "STOP THIS" no one there is gonna listen. All we can do is write and complain to peoples over quesada's head. If enough of us get vocal, maybe something will happen. but I am not gonna hold my breath or hope to hang that long...cuz the raison d'etre at Marvel right now seems to be "rile up the fans" without regard to canon or continuity or any thing else. I will see where these new arcs go and then probably pack it in. I really hate to say that. But if the character I love is no longer there...why bother? I shall take my money elsewhere...like over to the Mark Waid, Jim Lee Batman...which is superb! convolutions and conundroms for Bats! THEY don't seem to have a problem with timeline anomalies...they just ignore them. Of course, with characters who span thirty or forty or even fifty years or better, that is what you have to do. Marvel hasn't figured this out yet...they are THAT stupid.
and they call themselves "Pros"!!! Ha!
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
blueberrymuffin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by blueberrymuffin »

I'm really not sure what to think at this point. I really hear what Paty and Panz are both saying about all this drama.....but I can't help but be absolutely ECSTATIC that Mags is just back in the book (and looking droolerific, I might add).
I don't know. I just don't know. I'll really have to see what pans out here, it's hard to make an asessment based on one page with a pic and some minor dialogue. I'll just have to be patient.
"I deserve sympathy for the sins of my sordid past, not scorn. Those were difficult days, I was probably very confused and out of my mind on drink or drugs. It's not always about 'good' and 'evil' Scott dear." Emma

"I can't believe what some mutants are up to right now in the privacy of their own homes." Emma (again)
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

I found an interesting post on another site, explaining everything Xorn has every done in respect to this recent revelation:
Posted byK26dp on September 19, 2003 at 20:05:05:

In Reply to: OT: New X-Men Questions (spoilers for those who haven't read 146!) posted by Mike on September 18, 2003 at 22:36:05:

Please note that this post has SPOILERS. I highly advise that anyone who hasn't read the latest issue of New X-Men to not read any further.

I immediately wanted to go back through Morrison's run to see if there were clues as to Xorn's true identity, or if this was totally out of the blue. As it turns out, there were a ton of clues, but very cleverly concealed. Following is a list of annotated appearances by Xorn in New X-Man, and what he did. This was taken from the Brian Bendis BBS.

Again, SPOILERS

So, how does New X-Men #146 add up with Xorn's previous appearances?
Let's take a look.

NEW X-MEN 2001: The opening scene which recapped Xorn's history is
written as a demonstration for John Sublime of the U-Men and so it's
consistent with Magneto's claim to have falsified the whole thing. Ao
Jun, the Chinese government agent who's present at the demo, is a mutant and is evidently in on the scam - Jun plants the clues that lead the X-Men to the prison. (He was killed by a U-Man at the end of the issue, so we'll probably never know for sure.) This scheme accomplished two things: to bring Xorn to the X-Men, and to destroy the U-Men, which of course Magneto would be opposed to.

The flashback to Xorn being imprisoned is actually Emma Frost reading
telepathic imprints from a key which, in retrospect, must have been
planted by Magneto. The key is very, very important indeed, for reasons that I'll come back to.

Xorn's first line of dialogue - in English, even though nobody should be able to telepathically teach him the language - is this:-

"I could have built heaven on earth, if only they'd let me. I could
have laid the foundation stones of paradise here on earth."

This is of course entirely consistent with Magneto's view of himself.

Xorn's fake prison was called Feng Tu. When asked about this name, Emma
Frost replies "It's from mythology."

NEW X-MEN #122: After that, Xorn is packed off to a monastery "for
healing." Cyclops picks him up in New X-Men #122 to help in the fight
with Cassandra Nova. This is where he suddenly develops healing powers, despite that having nothing whatsoever to do with the "sun in the head" concept.

NEW X-MEN #123: Xorn and Cyclops are knocked out by the Imperial Guard off panel without ever getting off the blocks. No clues here.

NEW X-MEN #124: Xorn and Cyclops spend this issue as prisoners aboard a Shi'ar craft. Of course, Magneto has a common interest in stopping
Cassandra, so there's no logical problem with him siding with the X-Men here. Xorn dutifully plays naive throughout the story, and camps it up tremendously with this line -- He [Scott] is NOT mad. Scott is my friend! WHAT IS THIS WORLD OF LIARS?!" Heh.

They escape when Xorn knocks out G-Type of the Imperial Guard as a
distraction; Scott attributes this to his suggestion to do something-or-other involving the "sun for a brain" gimmick, but what G-Type actually says is "My core is in flux. There is an unknown gravitational source interfering..."

NEW X-MEN #125: As the fight continues, Xorn is shown to be affecting
G-Type with energy waves from his hands, not his head. He goes on to
save Lilandra, but then why wouldn't he? It's consistent with his
cover, besides which he has no issue with Lilandra, who isn't human.

When Xorn reveals that the spacecraft is about to blow up, his dialogue is (emphasis added): "This superdestroyer machine is about to commit suicide... I can hear its electromagnetic alarms."

NEW X-MEN #126: Xorn and Cyclops return to the Mansion, where
Cassandra's body is dying and Xavier has been downloaded into Jean's
mind - and she's also dying, because of the nano-sentinel infection.
Xorn pronounces Cassandra dead and says that there is nothing he can do about her. Cyclops protests that Xorn said he could "bring the
Professor back" - and he was healing dead birds when we saw him in issue #123, so Scott's response isn't unreasonable.

Xorn dodges the question somewhat. He replies "I can, but he is gone
from that body and my true task is now clear to me. I'm hear to heal
you [referring to Jean]." Xorn then "heals" everyone in the mansion by killing the Sentinel infestations in their body. "There. The
Sentinels in your bloodstream... they are dead now." Of course,
Magneto would have no problem with that, because they're metal
creatures. Presumably this is where Magneto picked up the nanosentinels which he claims to have used to fix Xavier's nervous system - the mansion was overrun with them at the relevant time. Xorn then proceeds to help in the fight against Cassandra, but again, why wouldn't he?

Issue #126 is the only time that Xorn the "healer" actually heals anyone - and it's from a disease involving nano-Sentinels. Every other time he's asked to heal someone from anything else, he makes up an excuse not to do it.

NEW X-MEN #127: this is the Xorn solo story. As the penultimate page
makes clear, the narration is a letter written by Xorn to Xavier, in
character. Therefore, it's all lies and can be safely ignored. What
remains is in character for Magneto. He goes to Chinatown in accordance with his cover story. He sees a teenage mutant who's unwell, and tries to help. When the mutant goes nuts (in an area shown to be heavily populated with other mutants), Magneto tries to calm him down. He regrets the boy's death. Strip away the narration, which we now know to be falsified, and the story makes perfect sense - albeit from a rather different light. The narration happily replaces a large chunk of the actual dialogue, so a lot of the time we're left with Xorn's highly dubious account of what was said.

Note also that Xorn establishes in that issue that Xavier can't read his mind - which he attributed to the "blinding" effect of the sun in his head. Presumably the mask actually served a double purpose of
disguising Magnus' identity and blocking telepathic scans.

NEW X-MEN #135: Xorn's founded his Special Class. Of course, Xorn
remains in character as they go off on their field trip over the next
few issues.

In issue #135, Xorn is able to light a campfire by... well, doing
something with his head. We see it from behind and vaguely. Device in
the helmet? All the other characters are standing behind him as well,
incidentally.

Meanwhile, back at the Mansion, the Riot is starting. Oddly, Xorn has
chosen to get the hell out of the way and go on a camping trip instead. And just where was Quintin Quire getting his drugs from...?

NEW X-MEN #136: Xorn slaughters a bunch of U-Men - entirely out of
character for the pacifist. Angel finds him in the aftermath. Xorn's
comment is that "Sometimes the teacher must leave to make room for
learning," which in retrospect may refer to him dropping his persona.
Xorn then tells Angel that "this will be our secret." But why did Xorn want to keep it secret? Now we know.

Angel quietly acquiesces; as we saw this issue, Xorn has extended some sort of mental control over the Special Class, by hijacking Martha's telepathy. ("Martha says we have to do what Mister Xorn says!", according to Ernst. Martha, of course, is hooked up to a machine and therefore at Magneto's mercy...)

NEW X-MEN #137: Xorn is present at the tail end of the Riot, but does
nothing of note.

NEW X-MEN #138: Xorn and the Beast head off to recapture Glob Herman.
Now we know how Xorn was somehow able to move a cement mixer apparently using only his physical strength - it's made of metal.

Later in the issue, when Quentin Quire is dying, Xavier summons Xorn to heal him. Xorn attends, but again makes excuses for not using his
supposed healing powers. He says that Quire is "only changing" and it
would be "wrong to interfere." Of course, he's lying. The final exchange of dialogue reads very differently in retrospect:

XORN: When I was a boy, not much younger than you are, Quentin, a little star opened like a flower inside my head.

QUIRE: What if the real enemy... was inside... all along?

XORN: A flower made of lights is opening in you. I can help
you to let go of your last, painful attachments to this flesh where you were grown. There is something in you that is like me. Do you see?

And then Xorn removes his faceplate, for only Quire to see. Quire screams... and dies before he can tell anyone why.

NEW X-MEN #139: The Jean/Emma showdown. Xorn stands around and has a
couple of neutral lines. "I can feel such stress and pain here... like gravity bending space." Hmm.

NEW X-MEN #140: Xorn is looking after the Special Class when Bishop and Sage come round to visit. Sage asks him what he was doing when Emma was shot; his reply is "Meditating, I believe." Near the end of the issue, Sage sets out some of their unanswered questions in narrative captions. One of them, "Who supplied the drug called Kick we keep hearing so much about?" is positioned right next to a panel of Xorn and the Special
Class...

NEW X-MEN #141: Sage comments that "We shouldn't have come here, Bishop. There's something rotten at the Xavier School. Riots, drugs, telepathic adultery, murder..." I'll come back to that list later.

The Beak, one of the Special Class under Xorn's influence, offers
himself as the murderer but botches the confession. Is Magneto trying
to throw the investigators off the scent?

Later, Xorn accompanies Xavier, Sage and Bishop to the hut where Angel and Beak are looking after their pupae. Dialogue:

XORN: Angel and Beak are not killers, Charles. I know these children
and trust in their goodness.

XAVIER: Sometimes even the best people will do terrible things to
protect their secrets, Mr Xorn.

Did Magneto have Emma killed by one of his Special Class because she had worked out who he really was - or perhaps she knew he was the Kick dealer?

Xorn was, presumably, the man who pointed a gun at Sage's back. She
described him as male and "at least six foot two, possibly taller".
According to the Official Handbook, Magneto's height is... six foot two.

And Xorn makes no appearance in issues #142-145.

Now then...

Sage listed four things that were symptoms of something being "rotten" at Xavier's school. Presumably Magneto is responsible for all four.

1. RIOTS. Magneto has been subverting the pupils - note that Quire was pro-Magneto. And Quire was also on Kick.

2. DRUGS. Which he got from Magneto.

3. MURDER. Magneto tried to kill Emma, presumably because she either
worked out who he was, or found out that he was the Kick supplier.

4. TELEPATHIC ADULTERY. Hold on... telepathic adultery? Magneto was
responsible for Scott and Emma's relationship? Ludicrous, I hear you
cry!

But no.

Scott and Emma's adultery subplot started in... NEW X-MEN 2001, Xorn's first appearance. Emma is given a key which is supposedly the key to Xorn's cell, but which we now know must have been created by Magneto as part of the charade. Cyclops asks her to read it telepathically for information. Emma replies "I'll try, but I hope you all realize this could take hour upon tedious hour..."

To her immense surprise, she is instead bombarded with overpowering
images of Xorn's supposed origin story in the very next panel, and
doesn't even get to finish her sentence. Emma finds exposure to
Magneto's poisoned key so unpleasant that she collapses and then
switches to diamond form in order to turn off her telepathic powers.

That night (and a mere two pages later), Emma turns up at Scott's room wearing an evening gown and holding champagne. "I couldn't sleep after the traumas of the day," she says.

The key was clearly set up to deceive telepaths. Did it also poison
Emma's mind and put the idea of the affair into her head? Apparently
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

thanks for the post, saves me the trouble of diggin up all my back issues. I was really surprised to see Xorn is Magneto. And this will mark Morrison's real first use of the character, now that Eric is no longer hiding behind his falsehood. Curious to see how Morrison will actually write the real Magneto.

Just happy to have Magneto back.

I heard a little back that Xorn was who he pretended, but I never pieced it together and was really shocked by the last panel of the comic. Really glad I didn't spoil anything by reading up on the theories.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

Hoo boy! According to this gobbler, Magneto is responsible for everything bad all the way back to original sin! drugs? Magneto a drug dealer? Gimme a break! turning the "licensed sex therapist" into a hot to trot for Scott's bod? That's his foult too? I can believe subversion, but making him responsible for ALL this shit? gimme a break!
If that is where Morrison is going...and we are given to understand that his storylines are set in stone and Marvel will not change them...they could but they won't, cuz they have been written and drawn and , more importantly for the cheapest company extant, PAID FOR!!! If that is where Morrison is going and Marvel lets the character be so besmirched and degraded , I shall truely quit in disgust. We do not know exactly how this will pan out...but this Magneto bears very little resemblance to the one we saw Wolvie gut in New 113! that Mags couldn't control his own inner power and was so ineffective as to be not there at all. Was that not really Mags? I could buy it...he's used androids before to impersonate him...and that would explain his lack of defense and power. but then we have Logan's nose again...and the fact that he should have known if it wasnn't Mags himself. If Xorn is Mags, why didn't Wolvie sniff him out? Wolvie's nose is the glitch...and I wanna see them explain it away. Unless this isn't Mags either...not really...which would explain Wolvie not nosing him out.
Has Morrison and Marvel been planning this all along? Yeah...I was warned two years ago by Ethan that I wouldn't like what they were gonna do to mags...including turning him into a cyborg moster which is wone of the reasons he quit. He didnn't like where they were going. He had probably seen some of the early prospectuses for the series and was horrified. He wouldn't give details...he said he couldn't...but he said I would not be happy if I loved the regal, noble Claremont Magneto...and I am not happy. while it is good to see him back, AI almost wish they had left him "dead". there are things worse than death...and this storyline looks to be one of them.
If this IS mags, and some of these above stated hypotheses are true...if not all... then they are truely destroying the Magneto we knew and loved and taking him back to the mindless nutball maniac that he was originally written as. and that is a total waste.
If the "sun in his head" reflects the fact that he can access the magnetic power of the sun and it is backing up and making him crazy again, that is the only explanation that would make this possibly salvageable. I postulated the ability to access the sun a long way back to Harras... about half a year or so after Claremont blew Mags and Asteroid M outta the sky in X men 3...before we found out that he hated Mags and wanted to destroy him. I shall never forget the look on his face when he figured out what I was talking about...like a lightbulb going on over his head! If this is the outcome, maybe I shouldhave kept my big mouth shut...cuz I just knew as soon as I said it that if they could screw it up they would screw it up. If this is the outcome, they HAVE screwed it up! there were whole wonderful storylines with that concept that could have been done...sigh...if this is what their minescule brains came up with , it is terrible.
I guess the only thing we can do is wait and see...but I am gonna keep a LARGE bottle of tums handy for the upset stomach I am sure I will have in the next several months. And if Morrison has, indeed, srewed Mags up badly, he will rue the day his momma met his daddy.
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Buy the way, the previews say that Morrisn is killing one of his X_men in this arc. Of course, the covers, trends, and what he's said tend to make me think that he's doing this to mess with the Pheonix force even more than it already is. (Leave it alone- Retcon on top of Retcon on top of Retcon has made this too damn confusing- although he has said in interviews that he wants to get rid of the force, and make it so that the phoenix was Jean's natural power all along)

The only way I can see Logan's nose being stopped (And Beast's too- that seems to be part of his new Lion form) is that Magneto has been simulating telepathy with his Magnetic powers. Of course, Logan's mind is such a mess that decieving him 24/7 would be a real strain.......

I dunno- Morrison's got 2 more Story Arcs. Maybe Mags will be salvaged in X-Treme X-Men. Chris Claremont has said that he has a lot of Magneto stories he wants to write.....
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

I do not doubt that whatsoever...IF they would let Chris write Mags as he should be written by Claremont himself...who originally developed the character...things would be OK...but will they let him do that and will there be anything chris can salvage after the savaging Morrison seems to be determined to give the character!?!
I have been told that nothing can be done with him or about him untilMorrison's storyline is complete...that is sucky but we are stuck with it, I guess. What comes after is anybody's guess. The following story arcs until the end of Morrison's run wil probably be the destruction of other characters as well...seems to be his forte any more...

The noses are the thing...the only thing we can cling to to refute this supposed storyline. they have never been wrong before and we must trust they are not wrong this time. If Henry's nose has become as sharp as Logan's, and this is eminently reasonable, given his beastial form... then they are thousands of times or even millions of times sharper than human noses. Wolvie seems to have real issues with Magneto that have developed rather recently...at least since XMen 1...cuz before that,while Claremont was still on the books, they had a working arrangement, at least. But Chris started the enmity in X1 and made Mags confused about Logan's change of heart. and it has gotten worse as it has progressed over the years...especially since the adamantium extraction thing. So Wolvie would be super sensitive about Magneto's scent...and would know it from miles away ..unless hMags was using a wholly synthetic body.

In any event, the nose knows...and we gotta trust that, cuz I don't trust anything else at Marvel...or anyONE else.
paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

I have it! Logan and Hank both have developed sinus problems, and thus can't smell Mags! :P:LOL

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

perhaps Mags has been getiing "injections" lately and is actually .....becoming "Maggie"...nothing makes sense here, so let us delve into sillyness, shall we?
Panz

Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

If we want silly, having Mags as a "drug dealer" is about as silly as you can get.

I haven't been reading the comic, so I don't know what "kick" is (probably a performance enhancer), but that's really secondary to the issue. I'm sorry, but the common image of a drug dealer is a sleazeball, money-hungry low-life with zip-po morals, goals, or ancillary motivations besides greed. No matter how nutsoid they make Mags, he just doesn't fit the popular image of a drug pusher! It would make more sense to experiment on his "students" with battle drugs, without their knowledge, than to pressure them into using the stuff "voluntarily".

Man, just what the hell is going on at Marvel?? :huh
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil