Cockrum Art And Comic museum show!

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
PirateKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Cockrum Art And Comic museum show!

Post by PirateKurt »

Well Paty and I delivered a large load of framed art from her and Dave to the Belton Museum today in preparation for the show focusing on him and her that will be opening in September, on Sunday the 13th. Also featured in this show will be Dave Cockrum's art board, his art desk. We are going to put a drawing pad on the desk do kids can sit at The Desk where the legion was redesigned, the New X-Men were born, and the Futurians were born as well. Also my comic was birthed there as well. We plan on putting a Storm raw blueline pencil under the Plexiglas on the table. And a Blackhawk pencil too... as well v as Dave's chair and hat with the table. Hundreds of pieces of original art spanning 40 years of two fantastic careers. And get to help sort some of this stuff. I hope you all can make it.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: Cockrum Art And Comic museum show!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

That's really awesome, I'm very stoked to hear this!

I didn't make it (obviously) but I'm very interested to hear how it went. Also, I'm very happy to hear Paty is getting Dave's extensive work outside of just Kurt to the conventions. He was an amazing creator with a real and natural sense of imagination. I sometimes wonder what Image Comics would have been like if Dave had jumped in or even if he were around still to write/illustrate something for them. The worlds he would create... fascinating.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS