HEEEEEEE'S BACK!!!

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

HEEEEEEE'S BACK!!!

Post by Paty »

:magneto

Just heard the GREAT news! Claremont writing Nighty again!!!
And this new guy, Todd Nauck draws him soooo WELL!!! Dave would definately approve of this rendition of his alter ego!!!
Dave always loved Alan Davis's take on Nighty... I know he would also really love Todd's art on him. It is obvious that Nighty is a fave of todd's... I mean aside from the art itself... because he references artists who tried to depict Kurt as the sqashbuckling hero he is and who also liked the character and understood him.

I am soooo looking forward to this series... it means I can once again buy a Marvel book... and hope to enjoy it!!!
Chris is a supreme storyteller... as witnessed by an exceedingly successful seventeen year run on the X Men that established that franchise as one of the supporting legs of the Marvel corporate identity. The disrespect doled out to Claremont... who is, of course, the writer emertius of the X Men...has boggled my mind ... ever since Bob hardass literally ran him off the X franchise. And then proceeded to try to destroy it totally. I still wonder who was paying him to do that...hmmm since he rose to prominance over at DC so rapidly and inexplicably, I wonder....hmmmmmfodder for careful thought here...

All I can say is thank goodness someone came to their senses at marvel. I am thinking X franchise editor, Nick Lowe had something to do with this. Nick has treated my main man, Magneto with care and respect, in spite of the idiots who would return him to the vapid, mindless, cookiecutter villain that Stan portrayed him as... in a much simpler and more black and white time

.while Mags is a gray character of conflicting desires and motivations, Nighty is the breath of light and fun and adventure in the Errol flynn Sea Hawk/Robin Hood style. And he should remain so... and with Claremont writing him, I am sure he will.

I don't know what prompted this return to sanity at Marvel, But I can only hope it will continue and the emphasis on story and adventure and fun will return to the pages of a Marvel publication. Personally, even before the awful and badly written 'DEATH' of Nightcrawler, I was fed up with no story...sex... violence... and death that permeated the X books.

So we shall see what happens now, shall we not? I am hopeful for the first time in decades.

I hope the holidays treated everyone here with fun and good stuff and I wish everyone a very happy and prosperous New Year!!!
Huggies
Paty
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Re: HEEEEEEE'S BACK!!!

Post by Elwing »

Paty, I'm so thrilled about this I can't even type. And even happier to see you! Hope all is well over there :) Much love!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

thank you, dear... All is well in Belton and I occasionally go totally offline because I spend weeks on end at Pirate Kurts house...LOL So if I disappear for weeks on end, it is because his computer setup doesn't work with my eye setup...LOL... but I do hope to pop in more now that the Nightcrawler fans have something to rejoice about.

I totally refused to buy a Marvel product during the whole of Nighty's disappearance so I missed Carey's run on the X books and rivka kept me informed as to the disposistion of mags in those books... Now I can go buy them for myself...and see what went on...LOL...I can be a stubborn old broad when I get my hackles up and the systematic destruction of all that Dave and Chris built just turned my stomach. I think it was pure jealousy of Chris's body of work... which cannot be equalled or even marginally a pproached. But now both Nighty and Chris are back !!!! I hope diehard fans who left when I did will take notice and bring Chris back to the prominence he deserves as a writer...

Now they need to bring back the Starjammers! I never could fathom the destruction of that group, especially since it happened during the rise of fandom for the swashbuckling pirate scenerio of Pirates of the Carribean...which was an easy segue to swashbuckling pirates of the spaceways... picking up bot Pirate and Star Wars/trek fandom. All I can say was that total psycho/craziness rulled Marvel at the time. Perhaps now things will get better and the total mistakes of the past can be fixed in some way. Might take a real writer, like Chris, to do it though...

Hint...Marvel, HINT HINT... NUDGE NUDGE... WINK WINK... KNOWWHATIMEAN? KNOWWHATI MEAN?

LOL
Paty
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Yeah, I went on a sort of Marvel boycott as well. Not out of spite, but because there was simply nothing of my interest.
The only book I have bought in recent times is Wolverine and the X-men, which I liked because it is an old fashioned fun romp. It's good to have Chris back, and the new artist looks excellent. And maybe they can invite Alan Davis to do a guest issue some day. We old fans can only dream ;)
Great to have you back Pati!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Chris had this to say when I mentioned how his runs in general and "God Loves, Man Kills" in particular were definitive of the X-Men. He said, "The problem with writing the definitive X-Men book is that it's a hard act to follow."
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Damn, that's a good quote... I loved God Loves, Man Kills and having Claremont at the helm once more is not only promising but redeeming on Marvel's part. I have felt cheated, scrounging for Nightcrawler here and there and never feeling satisfied. It's good to have him back.

So good to see a revival in the site! I'm always into Nightcrawler news and stuff and discussion, so actually having something to talk about will be a welcome change.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Paty it's great to have you back! AND NIGHTCRAWLER! Thanks for the input, if you think Nick Lowe or some of his interns don't hit this site up for information and feedback everyone you're CRAZY. PATY is on this site!! Of course they care! SNOOPERS!

But yeah, Jason Aaron is a great guy to re-introduce Kurt... but no one is better suited to bring him back in the fold than Mr. Claremont... I will say I'm worried about continuity issues. When someone who is sort of not in the fold comes into a story to write it gets confusing sometimes. With so much going on, I wonder if Mr. Claremont is caught up? I know when they put out Amazing Spider-Man 700.5 last month, it felt like a really great Peter Parker story but with a few miscalculations in character. It was written by the author of First Blood and author of a brief Captain America story arc, David Morell. He's a spider-man fan, he's a great writer, but it felt out of character in some places because of where in continuity we are.

I'm not saying this is a definite... but with the current place in their story characters like Wolverine, Cyclops, Meggan, Kitty, Magik, Magneto and Colossus are all in a very confusing place. Oh and now Rogue's dead. That should really leave Kurt pleased. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced this is going to be a sad title. I'm looking forward to it.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

do't worry about Claremont...LOL... He will fix things... if they let him! Hopefully they will let him do what he does best... write the characters he developed! Kitty's dead... RIGHT... no one stays dead in comics... not even the iconic dead person who never was supposed to come back... BUCKY BARNES!!!
Decades of bad storytelling has created a huge, ragged hole in the vaunted Marvel continuity...and about the only person I can think of to set this wobbling, scared and abused world aright is Claremont... since he virtually created it wholesale and made it the industry icon that the X franchise became under his control.

Yeah... I know that someone at marvel has my name... since I do not use pseudonames... bookmarked and whenever I post something... anywhere... they know it. Big Brother lives! It ain't the damn government... it's Marvel... and probably especially now, that Disney owns them! I don't care. My opinions are my opinions. They are learned opinions and I am one of the few professional people who aren't compromised by signatures on documents that basically say if you say anything negative about marvel ... no matter how true... we can and will sue you! that was and probably still is part of the contract ... and I am actually surprised they haven't put it on the back of their checks like they once did the little blurb that said by signing your PAYCHECK you gave up any and all rights to everything you had created... which Dave actually crossed out when he signed his paychecks. Marvel has used that illegal little bit ofcrap to establish their ownership of more than one character and their steadfast intention to not share any piece of the pie with creators whom they seriously underpaid in the first place.
OOps... there I go again... telling industry secrets!!! You watching, Marvel? Sometimes I feel like Jessie Ventura...BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA
I am sure they will find some way to retaliate... do I care? nah... I will tell the truth as I see and know it as long as I am still kicking feebly... I don't even care if Feebly kicks back... LOL

ONly time will tell, that's for sure But if Nighty and Chris are back, I may actually be watching this time. I will definately let the world know what I think... that's for sure... heheheheheheheee

Paty
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I'm only a year late, but YAY! I am enjoying Nighty's new series.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I think saw it in the library but was afraid to hope. So y'all think maybe I can check it out without wanting to destroy public property?
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

I have heard recently that Claremont has said there won't be a second year... so we apparently will only have the twelve issues... sigh...
doesn't surprise me... the little Hardass neo nazis have taken over, even if the main nazi piggie, Hardass, himself, isn't there. My guess is that his henchman, Marts will bring back Morrison as soon as he can get rid of Chris... with the ending of the Nightcrawler series...and then the feces will really hit the revolving blades... so enjoy good writing while you can read it.

And don't think to have much merchandising goodies on any X character cuz I hear Perlmutter is on a rampage cuz he can't bully Fox into relinquishing the X movie franchises... so he will not allow any merchandising of any mutant character... the man is MAD...crazy mad... and greedy, too...
He should be merchandising the hell out of them and reaping the rewards of the movie as well as the book fans... but nooooOOOOOooooo...
this is the stupidity that governs Marvel these days...
I have about given up on it... Colin Bunn has so destroyed the Magneto character that I gave up buying that book after issue four... The despots in power right now at Marvel seem bound and determined to destroy everything Dave and Chris did in giving readers a wonderful world to play in and read about. Jealousy, Greed and spite prevail at Marvel these days... especially in the X offices...look for things to get worse, people... and the only voice you have is boycott...buy anything but Marvel crap...don't forsake comics... but DO spend your bux very judiciously.

I wish for everyone a very happy Holiday season and a very happy new year. My friend Cliff meth and his concern, Aardwolf Publishing will be publishing Dave's last Futurians story next year... hopefully in March... if anyone wants to read fun comics any more! I'm coloring it for reproduction so no computer coloring on this one, folks...it is done the old fashioned way!!!

Take that! computers....
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAA
Paty