My recent post on Marvel

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Or... preparing for a major motion picture release of one of their most popular titles and also the direct sequel to their most profitable film released yet?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

My recent post on Marvel

Post by neling4 »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Or... preparing for a major motion picture release of one of their most popular titles and also the direct sequel to their most profitable film released yet?
What does he need to prepare? I still wonder why he didn't have a Q & A last week. He had one during the comicon.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Don't get me wrong, he could easily be using the premiere to avoid talking about it, but with a cultivation of three major story archs, preparation for an introduction into "The Heroic Age", and "Iron Man 2" as well as development stages of "Captain America" (being the entire cast is now officially announced), I can forgive the jerk for being busy. Even jerks get busy. Give him time, he'll respond. If he doesn't then you can get upset.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Angelique »

I'm going over Joey Q.'s head with a letter to the head honchos. This ridiculous claim that "Everyone Loves X-Men: Second Coming" cannot go unanswered.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Just know that at the end of the day, he's still dead, and writing angry letters is not what's going to bring him back. Rather, a letter impressing upon Marvel the importance of his character, and reminding them of their duty to keep the idea of "X-Men" alive throughout their characters has always been of strictest priority to them, and to let a character of Kurt's caliber fall to the way-side is a mistake on their behalf.

Angry letters of discontent and suffering will only scare them deeper into their trench.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Angelique »

Pfft. What do you take me for?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Slarti »

I'll again remind everybody to be civil on this board.

If someone chooses to write letters directly to Marvel, what that person writes is his or her own business, but keep our name out of it please.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

My recent post on Marvel

Post by neling4 »

Slarti wrote:I'll again remind everybody to be civil on this board.

If someone chooses to write letters directly to Marvel, what that person writes is his or her own business, but keep our name out of it please.
If I do decide to write, I will not mention Nightscrawlers. Judging by the results of our last two letter writing campaigns, however, I wonder how much good it will do? I'm feeling a bit defeatist right now.

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Jeremus »

So am I. But at least they read them. When I write my letter I'll send one to the same three people I did before. Then I'll post something to Joe Q.

I'm starting to think that maybe the "squeaky wheel offense" might be an option. It may not matter what's in the letters so much as how many they get. If we wrote one letter a month and kept sending them....or a postcard a week with "Bring Nightcrawler back!" on it, maybe they'd get tired of us and throw us a bone just to get us to stop.
The problem with it is that you need a lot of people to get involved and send letters....enough for them to notice and roll their eyes. That's hard to do with stamps so expensive...but I'm willing to do it.

If 6 people sent one postcard once a week, each person on a different day, they'd get one postcard a day about Nightcrawler. If 12 people took part, then each person would only have to send 2 postcards a month. If 30 people did it, everyone would only have to send one a month......as long as they got the day right. That wouldn't be hard to do.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

My recent post on Marvel

Post by neling4 »

The problem is getting people to do it.

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Jeremus »

Exactly. :

This is where Braveheart's supposed to come in riding his black horse and give his inspirational speech to rally the troops about freedom and Nightcrawler and sending blue postcards to Marvel. (He was wearing blue at the time so he must be a fan.)

Okay, here's how it would go:

William Wallace: Fans of Nightcrawler...I AM William Wallace!

Nighscrawlers lurker: William Wallace is 7 feet tall!

William Wallace: Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds...and if he were here, he'd consume Marvel with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse. I AM William Wallace! And I see a whole army of my fellow Nightcrawler fans here in defiance of tyrrany. You have come to fight as Bamfers and Bamfers you are. What would you do without Nightcrawler? Would you fight?

Nightscrawlers lurker: Fight against that? (points at Marvel) No, we will run and we will live for the few comics that are left to us to enjoy.

William Wallace: Aye, fight and you may get ignored. Run and you'll live---at least for a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our comics and screw with continuity and write crappy storylines, but they'll never take our Nightcrawler!

Nightcrawler go bragh!

(I obviously have more issues to work out than I thought.)

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Angelique »

Sigh. Okay. I was civil, as if anyone needed any reassurance of that. I also did not mince words. I said killing off Nightcrawler was a bad idea and the way it was handled was even worse because of the damage done to properties Marvel should be protecting and using well. I also pointed out other things potentially offensive to Catholic readers as well as a tendency to come across (rather blatantly in the case of that article) as ignoring fan sentiment that is largely unhappy with the big death and how it was handled. I did not name any forums.

Then I lowered the boom and said I'm spending my money elsewhere.

Do I think it will change anything? Yes, I actually do. Even if all that's accomplished is that I very nicely got a very large beef off my chest, that's still a positive. :)

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

My recent post on Marvel

Post by neling4 »

Cool Jeremus! :)

Good for you, Angelique!

By the way, I started a new Nightcrawler Appreciation Thread on the Marvel.com forum, as our old one is gone forever. I searched almost fifty pages of threads, no Nightcrawler. No Gambit either, so they have started a new one too. Only Jean Grey and, of all things, Cyclops remain, as well as a few obscure appreciation threads.

Come help me fill it up again with Nightcrawler appreciation.

[Edited on 7/5/10 by neling4]

jafabian
Lubber
Lubber

My recent post on Marvel

Post by jafabian »

Considering Kurt's father is a demonic warlord, his stepmother is a gypsy sorceress and his foster sister is a witch there's some avenues for Kurt to return. We also didn't see his body when it was supposedly cremated.

And didn't Kurt keep the Soulsword inside his body?
Beware the Sleestak
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Angelique »

Kurt's father is not a demon, and Kurt also did not keep the Soulsword. That went back to Ilyanna Rasputin. Hate to break this to you, but in their determination to carry out this terrible idea, they left Kurt as few outs as possible. They even apparently paralyzed the X-Men and made them forget that they have a mutant who can phase matter and at least 1 crack surgeon on the island so all they could do was stand and gawk around him, ensuring there'd be no possibility of reviving him.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I dunno about the last part so much.

I think he was officially dead before they got to him. No talk, no breath, four silent (but deadly, badum-psh) panels before anyone even gets to him on that beach. He was, unfortunately, long gone. I fought this point until I was blue in the face but I was holding onto too much hope and looking for a reason to hate the issue, I think.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Angelique »

I still think reviving him should have been attempted, especially by Hope. They gave up on him way too quickly.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Are we sure that's what Hope can do? We have no evidence thus far she's even a mutant. That's why his death was so "poetic", he died for what could have been a normal human, but he has faith that she's more.

I think maybe ELIXIR should've taken a shot at it, but what can you do? :/
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

My recent post on Marvel

Post by neling4 »

Hope revived Rogue when Rogue was in a coma, and Hope was just a baby at the time. Kurt didn't die right away. She could have tried.

Elixer is depowered.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Angelique »

Hope could have at least attempted assisted ventilations while he was still trying to breathe. Those don't take any super power at all, just a willingness to keep an airway open and possibly seal your mouth over someone else's if you have no mask or microshield.

PirateKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

My recent post on Marvel

Post by PirateKurt »

neling4 wrote:The problem is getting people to do it.
A pack of prepaid post cards is cheap, I suggest it.
PirateKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

My recent post on Marvel

Post by PirateKurt »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Are we sure that's what Hope can do? We have no evidence thus far she's even a mutant. That's why his death was so "poetic", he died for what could have been a normal human, but he has faith that she's more.

I think maybe ELIXIR should've taken a shot at it, but what can you do? :/
Hope one shot showed Hope with the Phoenix signature in her eyes, the phoenix force left Cuckoos, Rachel and doodleflotchies sword out in space and dissappeared. this is the first time we have seen it since it dissappeared.

Hope is Jean.

yay... :p---->
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

My recent post on Marvel

Post by neling4 »

Do you think if I offered to make Bamf dolls for them, they would bring him back?

"Dear Mr. Quesada,

Please bring Kurt back, not as a demon, and I will make you a fuzzy little Bamf doll for your very own to hug and kiss."

Very sincerely,

neling4

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Angelique »

Oooh, I'd like a Bamf doll. That might make me feel better.

Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Paty »

:magneto

Pirate Kurt makes really nice Bamf dolls...

Look at it this way... a stamp costs forty four cents... for nine letters to bigwigs, Including Perlmutter, and Alan fine, possibly Joey the Q... you can do a lot more good than buying another overpriced Marvel comic... for less money!!!

OK... so I am not counting the price of the paper and envelopes... just the postage... it ain't THAT expensive... and a letter in hand is less likely to be ignored and deleted than an email posting... although I reccommend both, actually. post the email and follow it up with a snail mail missive... or eight...LOL

as to the legal issue... Marvel acknowledged that Dave had originated hNighty before he came to marvel... and had signed an agreement with Dave regarding the character. More I will not say right now... but if the character was involved in an ongoing contract, I don't think Marvel has the right to do this with him until the time limits of that contract are reached. Joey better think about that and fix it damn quickly. The contract did not end with Dave's demise... it ends with MINE... so it is still extant. The only saving grace here... for them... is that nighty is still being used in the Forever book... stupid ideas that are not shot down have a nasty way of coming back to bite you in the butt, Joey...and the buck still stops with YOU.

that's all...
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020