Magneto Movie

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Rivka
Lubber
Lubber

Magneto Movie

Post by Rivka »

Hi all, it's good to be back on Nightscrawlers.

Magneto Movie news, which I find it necessary to post about because some hysterical nutballs won't stop screaming about how terrible this is. We've got people posting on websites and message boards that if the movie isn't done the way THEY want it done, it's going to be terrible. We've got people screaming hysterically about bogus movie plots, and even after they've been informed literally a 100 times that the sample plot is bogus, they continue to scream.

What is most annoying is, some of these cracker-jacks are howling about the Magneto movie because -- get this -- it isn't going to be like the comic books. Uh, earth to fan-nuts -- it's a movie, it's the X-MEN movieverse -- it isn't the same as the comic books. We in fact have been remarkably lucky how well the original X-MEN film preserved Claremont's vision of the X-Men and especially our beloved Magneto. But any Magneto movie will be about the Magneto who appears in the movies, not the comics. I was amazed to read plans by even (preveiously at least) rational fans saying they were going to send X-Men comics to David Goyer. Geez, people, calm the heck down!

Now, we've gotten an update about the movie, from one of the co-producers Lauren Shuler Donner, and the screaming hysteria has started again, based on -- a total misreading of the brief synopsis.

Reading comprehension can be our friend.

But don't let a lack of reading skills get in the way of obsessive ranting about the Magneto movie, repeating the same objections that were spewed forth for the last two years, no matter what the source of the Magneto-movie-news is. Or how many times people try to point out the facts.

Here is the article from Empire Online:
[quote]X-Men Origins: Wolverine may be just a few months away from slashing its way into cinemas, but it’s taken a while for concrete developments to take place on the other X-Men prequel, X-Men Origins: Magneto, which was announced around the same time as the Hugh Jackman starrer.

However, we spoke to its producer, the doyenne of the X-films, Lauren Shuler Donner, recently, and she confirmed that it’s still in the works. “I think first we wanted to make Wolverine, and then David [Goyer, the attached director] took another film, and there wasn’t a lot of time,â€
PirateKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Magneto Movie

Post by PirateKurt »

MAGNETO MOVIE!

Sweet! I am thinking about making a printmaking block 'Magneto is right' and printing it up using fabric ink and block printing! Lol. Any solid news on a release date yet?

[Edited on 16/11/08 by PirateKurt]
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Magneto Movie

Post by Paty »

:magneto
I heard the dat bandied about as xometime in 2010 but can't confirm that totally...anyone else got any news about this ???

What with the TESTAMENT series that is on the stands now coming out, the earlly origins of Magneto... ala Claremont...seem to be being set in both literature and cinematic stone... and about time, too.
While there may be some differences betwixt movie and books, ....there always IS when Hollywood is involved... the basic plotlines seem to indicate a following of book canon at least to a serious degree.
I can only hope this will be so because Magneto as a complex character, as Claremont developed him, is soooooo much more interesting than Magneto as a one dimensional ratbastard villain of the simmplistic early days of the genre.
Personally, I am looking forward to it!!!

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
PirateKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Magneto Movie

Post by PirateKurt »

xmen 1,2,3 movies certainly seem to reflect a more complex Mags. X2 is my favorite for Fuzzy Blue reasons. But my personal opinion, best things in x-3, Mags as a character, and the cameos by Chris and Stan;D :dance

I still don't buy whatever that was as phoenix. You never saw the bird or flame. So in my head .. the deleted scene where Rogue said no to the cure was there. And that 'Jean' was Maddy Pryor. And Cyclops didn't get dsitintigrated away to reappear in Superman returns.