Smallville Thread

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Robin, Aquaman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, the Flash, and more!
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Smallville Thread

Post by Dark Bamf »

Did anybody else watch last night's season opener of Smallville, and did anybody else think that Clark treated Chloe extremely shabbily? :mad:

:bamf:
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Smallville Thread

Post by Panz »

I don't have a TV right now *sniffle*
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Smallville Thread

Post by BAMFCentral »

First off really liked the episode, but they really didn't move any of the plot forward. They just rebooted to where they were last year.

The ship thing is the only thing that really bothered me. But I do like Clark/Chloe better than Clark/Lana. It was sad the writers just seemed to drop it. But being the good guy clark is maybe he was just trying to be likeable by going along w/ what Chloe said. I kinda blame her character for what happened. I mean they were looking for his father and all, it might not been a good time to bring that up.

Well I was going to just write a quick reply, but I guess i cared more than I thought. I just hope we don't see anymore kryptonite induced powers this year. Bring in Bruce, anything.
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

Smallville Thread

Post by Dark Bamf »

Yes, Chloe did sort of precipitate her dumpage (?) by Clark, but I agree--I like Clark/Chloe better than Clark/Lana too. Chloe is the type of girl I'd have dated back then. I always liked quirky girls. Lana, of course, is the canonical Smallville girlfriend. My problem is that she's too damn glamourous. Clark's mom, Annette O'Toole, played Lana in the third Superman movie, and she's a lot more like what Lana should be, in my opinion.

I read an article sometime last season that said that Lois Lane and Perry White may turn up in the series at some point (separately, I imagine--I doubt that Lois is working for the Planet yet). That would be interesting.

One thing I liked was Clark's realization that while he was caught up in the tornado, that he flew to Lana's truck. Now if he can just try it without the tornado...you know how it works: three steps and you JUMP! :eek:

--Atilla's Hunny
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Smallville Thread

Post by Garble »

I can just see Clark waiting for another tornado to come along...

I also think Chloe kind of brought that on herself. Granted, I'm an idiot, but if a girl I was dating said she'd rather just be friends, I'd assume she was being honest and try to make things easier for both of us. She dumped him, and at a time when he wasn't really prepared to deal with it. "Gosh, Clark. I hope your father hasn't been gruesomely impailed, and by the way, where do you see our relationship going?"
I don't think the whole "If you love something set it free..." thing translates into "Dump them, and see if they beg you..."

It looks like next week he's gonna get heat vision.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout

Smallville Thread

Post by Garble »

Originally posted by MoonbeamDancer
At least Whitney's gone. :D I never did like him.
Yeah, you're not supposed to like him...

BTW, if you think we, Nightcrawler fans are weird, you should check out some of the strange stuff that's out there for Smallville.

That image was from Goth Lana
http://www.loony-archivist.com/gothlana/
which also links to a bunch of equally bizzare fan sites!
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Smallville Thread

Post by Nightfollower »

I don't watch Smallville.
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
KF
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Smallville Thread

Post by KF »

*gasp*

...Alright, I'll admit, I'm not an insane fan, but it is one of the few shows I will put my homework down and stop internet conversations to watch. Perhaps you should give it a chance?

Crazy fans - doesn't that happen to every TV show? You should see the DieRileyDie people from Buffy! Now there's a bunch of fanatics.

Sputter... heheh. Excellent choice of words. :laugh:

-KF
"Remove your tail or I'll bite it off- Ooo! Blueberry!"
MoonbeamDancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Smallville Thread

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

God, Riley was over like a few seasons ago.... Now about the whole Spike with his soul back, and he did it all for Buffy. Man, I think he REALLY has lost his mind.
"You cheated."
"Pirate."
-Will Turner and Jack Sparrow

"But why is the rum gone?"
-Jack Sparrow
KF
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Smallville Thread

Post by KF »

At least there's no bad poetry yet?

"Called him William the Bloody because his poetry was bloody awful!"

...sorry. I'll stop being off-topic now. Really.

*runs*

-KF
"Remove your tail or I'll bite it off- Ooo! Blueberry!"
MoonbeamDancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Smallville Thread

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

~Laughs then FINALLY sees KF's sig~ Oooh! I like it :D But then, I'm a CATS freak, I would like it. :)
"You cheated."
"Pirate."
-Will Turner and Jack Sparrow

"But why is the rum gone?"
-Jack Sparrow
silvermouse
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Smallville Thread

Post by silvermouse »

I actually did get to see it! I'm usually in a meeting about then, and miss the eps because Tina and I forget to tape it. But I saw that one, and man. Oh man. That hurt. I just wanted to backhand the both of them! I mean, I like lana well enough, but jeez Louise! Chloe is so adorable! But to tell him "let's just be friends" guarantees he's going to say ok. It's an easy out for what could have become a rough subject.
"We don't need another hero, we don't need to know the way home. All we want is life beyond the thunderdome." "Words fail, buildings tumble, the ground opens wide. Light beams down from heaven, she stands before my eyes. She's actual size but she seems much bigger to me."
Garble
Lookout
Lookout

Smallville Thread

Post by Garble »

So... now that Pete knows it's only a matter of time before he's killed, right?
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

Smallville Thread

Post by Dark Bamf »

Not necessarily. In the old Superman storyline, before Byrne overhauled it 10-12 years ago, Pete had become a U.S. senator, and married *gasp* Lana Lang.

In Byrne's revision, even Lana found out about Clark's secret, but was so freaked that she pushed him away for years until she realized she was going to lose him to Lois Lane.

And I agree wholeheartedly--Chloe is adorable. :love:

--Atilla's Hunny
silvermouse
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Smallville Thread

Post by silvermouse »

I didn't get to watch ALL of last nights, I caught the end, and parts in the middle. But Tina taped it, so I'm watching it tomorrow evening in lieu of going to Star's party. So I'll get all the details. I would watch it tonight, but yeah, Birds of Prey premieres.
"We don't need another hero, we don't need to know the way home. All we want is life beyond the thunderdome." "Words fail, buildings tumble, the ground opens wide. Light beams down from heaven, she stands before my eyes. She's actual size but she seems much bigger to me."
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Smallville Thread

Post by Crawler »

The guy who plays Clark creeps me out. His cheekbones make his skull look like it's trying to escape his face.

And I wanted to watch Smallville originally, as I think it's one of the coolest ideas to hit TV lately, but I missed the entire first season with no cable, so I've never gotten into it....

Is there a jumping on point somewhere? Or do I need to pray that I miraculously get the entire first season dropped in my lap?
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout

Smallville Thread

Post by Garble »

Originally posted by Dark Bamf
Not necessarily. In the old Superman storyline, before Byrne overhauled it 10-12 years ago, Pete had become a U.S. senator, and married *gasp* Lana Lang.
:eek:
Wow, I didn't even know Pete was based on a real comic book character!
Thanks Dave! I guess these guys really do their homework!
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Smallville Thread

Post by MabusRex »

Originally posted by Crawler
Is there a jumping on point somewhere? Or do I need to pray that I miraculously get the entire first season dropped in my lap?
Well, other than the most recent episode, there really isn't a firm continuity one needs to know to follow the show. Clark's got powers, most slowly starting to develope at the moment. He has the hots for Lana Lang, who up until recently had a boyfriend. Clark's friends are Pete and Chloe, and surprisingly enough Lex Luthor. Kryptonite meteor fragments cause random mutations in many people, thus allowing the villain-of-the-week formula to "work" (I use that term lightly).

Other than that, I could see someone watching the next episode and not being lost at all...
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

Smallville Thread

Post by Dark Bamf »

Yes, indeed. Where the material comes from the canon, they research very well. Even throwaway stuff like when Cassandra's vision showed Lex as president, presiding over the death of the U.S. (and maybe the world), he was wearing a black glove on one hand. In the comics, that hand was severely damaged by Kryptonite radiation because he wore a Kryptonite ring for years to protect himself against Superman.

Chloe, alas, does not have an origin in the comics.

--Atilla's Hunny
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Smallville Thread

Post by MabusRex »

BTW, Chloe is bar none my favorite character on the series. Her personality and the actress that plays her are TOO cute for words. I melt every time she smiles and I hate Clark with a passion ;)
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Smallville Thread

Post by nightcrawler30 »

no body has replyed to this in a while, so has anybody been watching smallville latley?
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Smallville Thread

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

You want wierd?
Playing "Garrett" in the upcoming episode "Resurrection" is an actor by the name of James Kirk. No, his middle name is not Tiberius as far as we know, nor has he been captain of a starship, and we can guarantee he's sick of the Star Trek jokes so James, if you're reading this, forgive us. But, he does have a tie to some previous Smallville guest stars!

James played young "Ronny Drake" in last summer's hit movie X2: X-Men United. Ronny was the younger brother of Bobby Drake/Iceman, played by two-time Smallville guest Shawn Ashmore (Eric Summers in "Leech" and "Asylum"). Bobby and Ronny's mother in that same movie was played by Jill Teed, who played Lieutenant Maggie Sawyer in the Smallville episode "Insurgence."
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Smallville Thread

Post by nightcrawler30 »

did anybody watch the new episode last week with chris reeves? that was the second one his has been in.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Smallville Thread

Post by TelegramSam »

I saw it. I'm not totally sure what I think about it though. I really wish they'd kill the Clana business altogether. I really can't stand Lana.

I am interested in seeing how the relationship between Lex and Clark proceeds from here....
I am Dyslexic of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Smallville Thread

Post by nightcrawler30 »

yah it will be pretty cool to see what they do. they plan to contunie smallville for 8 more years. i think they are going to show the rest of clark's life.