Green Lantern movie w/ Jack Black

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Robin, Aquaman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, the Flash, and more!
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

Word on the street is that it's official. Warner Bros is doing a Green Lantern movie (as a comedy) w/ Jack Black.

there is an article at http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=17971
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

I hope that it doesn't come to pass.
while it could be good, i think a more traditional GL movie could be really good.

Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

:?

WTF? Why don't they leave well enough alone? Do they have to make comedies out of everything? Next there will be a Friday The 13th comedy stage play on Broadway.

This ranks right up there with Jim Carrey doing the Six Million Dollar Man. That is supposed to be a comedy too.

Sorry. I'll pass on that one! :rolleyes:
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

have you heard about the Monty Python broadway that is going to be put out?

In my opinion if GL was made into a movie then it should be done well, and not a comedy. if they then decided to have a little fun with it, like a spin off what if, then that might be cool. but first they need a cool GL movie.

Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Singe »

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17971

It's true! Mother of pearl!

Well, I guess I can't blame Avi Arad for this one. Still, the movie industry needs to tone down it's output of comic based franchises, especially when they're probably really going to piss off the target audience (i.e. actual fans, which I can't say I am one but if I were... I wouldnae be too happy). A zany comedy i.e. the mask? Huh...

Yeah, I've heard about the Monty Python musical... I rather think it's a good idea! Eric Idle's writing some of it, so we know it's in good hands. Plus Tim Curry has signed on for King Arthur, and Hank Azaria and David Hyde Peirce have also jumped aboard. I'm rather optimistic about that one. :D
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

I'm really don't know what to think about the M. Python broadway. I'm hoping it will be good, and with Idle and the cast things look good.

*sorry for being off topic*

Sinew
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Sinew »

sweet...holy....ghost....:shocked
What are they thinking over there?! A GL comedy? With Jack Black? Oh lord...I dont wanna even think about how thats going to turn out...AND WHY JACK BLACK!?!?

I can imagine its going to be just like his spidey-spoof from the 2002(3?) mtv awards....
"But i dont want to be among mad people!"
"oh you cant help that, we're all mad here"-alice in wonderland

"Hearts grow hard, on a windy street. Lips grow cold, with the rent to meet. So if you kiss me...if we touch...warnings fair, I dont care much"-Cabaret (I dont care much)

"Madness is the emergency exit" -teh joker
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by Entropy
I'm really don't know what to think about the M. Python broadway. I'm hoping it will be good, and with Idle and the cast things look good.

*sorry for being off topic*
Just because something is on Broadway does not mean that it's a musical or a serious anything.....simply, Monty Python has a large enough following to allow them to have their performance (whatever it be, skits, play, whatever) on a Broadway stage......
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Singe »

I think you can rest assured it's not going to be serious, and I know it's most definitely a musical. The title is going to be Spamelot. :LOL
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

I wait 45 years for a GL movie, and now they're gonna make it a comedy?!? There's no goddam justice! And who the hell is Jack Black?!?

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by scheherazade »

This is Jack Black. Not at all my idea for Green Lantern in any incarnation. He is a pretty funny guy. he's mostly been in light comedies, like "Shallow Hal" and "School of Rock"
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

Ugh, I hate when they f#*% up good ideas for movies with one little quirk that makes it total crap, like the excessive CGing in Hulk. Like I've said before, they seriously need to take a break with the comic-book movies before these turn out like all those crappy Superman sequels.
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.