DC Changes their Logo?

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Robin, Aquaman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, the Flash, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

DC Changes their Logo?

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

DC is preparing to change their logo very soon and it appears this is the new design. One of two that have been submitted in fact.

I wish they had a challenge amongst their fans to design a new one. Or at least amongst their interns or something. I feel like it's clever graphic designing.... but it's not as interesting to look at as their current one.

Current Logo as of January 15, 2011 (since 2005):

Upcoming Logo: Image
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

DC Changes their Logo?

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

I have to say I find the current one more interesting to look at as well. The swoosh or whatever it is gives it more movement and makes it more appealing to me. The other, in my opinion, looks fairly boring. The black, white, and gray don't quite have the contrast of the white and blue. It just doesn't look as exciting.
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

DC Changes their Logo?

Post by TechPrincess »

Looks boring... yet another reason I'm glad I don't read DC. It looks like it should be in reverse. The bottom before the top, not the other way around.
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

DC Changes their Logo?

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It looks more like it belongs on a very serious business political magazine or it's a book publishers logo. I don't correlate that logo with comic books.

It confuses me for a few reasons.

1) They incorporate the turning of the page, and while I get it (comic books) and trying to incite obvious references to their history, DC has made a major move recently into the digital format. They've in fact pushed it so hard this seems like not only a step back to me, but a sign that maybe they realized they may have put all their eggs in one basket and they're trying to get back to basics.

2) It gives off a scent of professionalism. While everyone should be professional, (I guess), comic books are about having fun. And that's not fun to look at. It's boring. And even if it's not boring (my graphic designing girlfriend says it's very clever concept), it doesn't respond well to the image of comic books (which she also agrees with me on).

It seems a bit far fetch'd. In my opinion.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

DC Changes their Logo?

Post by Slarti »

Yeah... agreed. It looks way too old, stolid and corporate, like they want to sell you some fine office supplies.
Indigo_Lady
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

DC Changes their Logo?

Post by Indigo_Lady »

Looks like some musty old graphics designers never read a comic book in their life. That's not going to attract the kind of people who buy comics books. :P
Always a Queen of Narnia

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds. G.K. Chesterton

Favorite X-Men: :engarde :storm :colossus :nocturne :gambit :rogue :hank :psylocke
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Re: DC Changes their Logo?

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

The logo has been implemented.

What do you all think?

DC Homepage