Angel

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
stupidusername
Lubber
Lubber

Angel

Post by stupidusername »

Warren has always struck me as a very interesting character. His wings, his wealth, his insecurities. Since he is out of the current X-men line-ups, this would be a perfect time to do a limited series. Paige (Husk) could cameo. Since he is rich and can fly, the possibilities are endless for locale. Maybe something that deals with his identity being public, how that works for him (or doesn't).

For some reason, I would like to see a stranded island adventure. Lost in the middle of the pacific, Angel (I always hated that archangel crap) must survive without his wealth and resources. Sure, he could try to fly home, but he can't fly non-stop for a week. If he got off-course and was away from shipping lanes and airplane flight routes, he would be as stranded as the rest of us. He could eventually find his way home but it would be an interesting story.

This kind of story is also a way to dig deep into his character and psyche. Think Castaway or Lost. Something like that always brings out the best and worst in someone. It breaks them down to their roots and allows them to build a new foundation.

What do you think? You couldn't expect a regular series out of this. Not with the way they cancelled Nightcrawler. But a limited series (six issues?) would be great. :angel

[Edited on 3/31/07 by stupidusername]
"It's nice to know I'm not the only one with a wealth of worthless knowledge" Huey Freeman
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Angel

Post by Feuerstein »

I agree Warren could be written to be very interesting, maybe deserving of his own solo series. I don't like him enough to buy it or keep up with it, though. I probably liked him better when he was still in his playboy stage. Nowadays he's kind of gloomy. I adore Warren/Paige though, and wouldn't be opposed to a storyline that features both of them. I'm just not too interested in Warren Angst though.
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Angel

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Angel so deserves it. And I agree the Archangel stuff was not good. I see Angel as a gifted do-gooder, rather than superhero. I love that about him.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Angel

Post by HoodedMan »

I agree totally. But you knew I would. ;)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Angel

Post by JackSkulls »

Personally I only Like angel as Archangel, The Techno-Organic wings are just soooo epic!!! I would probably like Angel more if I had more comic based info about him.
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)