Who is Anole?

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Anole

Post by Feuerstein »

I know he's one of the New Mutants, but I don't see him too often in NXM. He was just in #34 according to UXM.net, but I don't even remember him. I'm interested because some hardcore (really hardcore) NXM fans I was talking to told me he's supposed to be Nightcrawler-done-right or some other crap. It seems the NXM fan community is very divided between those who like Anole and who don't. From the little I've seen since learning about him, he's a cute character, but does seem to have some Nightcrawler-rip-off-ish traits. I don't know; what do you think?

[Edited on 29/6/07 by fourpawsonthefloor]
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Who is Anole?

Post by Saint Kurt »

You'd think if Marvel was going to spend time "doing Nightcrawler right" they'd actually do it with Nightcrawler. But... that's Marvel for you.

Here's Anole. He's a Lizard Boy:

Kind of a cute little bugger I guess. He has a prehensile tongue, can camoflage himself, and sticks to the wall.

And he's an ipod fan.

-e
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Who is Anole?

Post by Feuerstein »

... Lord... It's like, Kurt turned inside out.

Personally, I hate iPods, but the prehensile tongue thing totally has me sold. We all know Nighty can do amazing things with that tail, but a tongue must be EVER so much more useful... :lick
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Who is Anole?

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Refrains from commenting :P.

But yeah, I have to say there is something about him that makes you want to like...pinch his cheeks or something.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Who is Anole?

Post by stjohn »

lol, maybe i just remember some of the older pictures or something, cause he looked a bit different earlier in the seires i think. ;) But yeah, he is a fairly interesting guy that i thought had a bit more potential to be used in the kids seires. They used psuedo clones of other big name people, i think he'd be more of a Toad done "good" and i mean good as in moral, not good as in well writen. But that's just my thoughts ;)
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Who is Anole?

Post by Freak »

Originally posted by stjohn
lol, maybe i just remember some of the older pictures or something, cause he looked a bit different earlier in the seires i think.
He looked, but that was because of the different style, I guess :P

And honestly said, that guy can't be a 'new Nightcrawler', since he's rather shy, I think. :shifty

And yup, he's rather Toad. And that Pixie chick is another Angel (without the creepy children...), X23 is the newest Wolverine rip-off, and Rockslide is similar to the Thing. But there are also original characters, so I don't mind :P
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Who is Anole?

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by Freak
And yup, he's rather Toad. And that Pixie chick is another Angel (without the creepy children...), X23 is the newest Wolverine rip-off, and Rockslide is similar to the Thing. But there are also original characters, so I don't mind :P
Hey....don't hate!! X23 ROCKS :x23
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Who is Anole?

Post by steyn »

Oh, look at him, just the cutest little guy, you can just eat him up.
Originally posted by Feuerstein
It seems the NXM fan community is very divided between those who like Anole and who don't.
Oh come now, how can you have two sides? You can't not like someone looking like that?
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Who is Anole?

Post by Slarti »

Originally posted by Freak
He looked, but that was because of the different style, I guess :P

And honestly said, that guy can't be a 'new Nightcrawler', since he's rather shy, I think. :shifty

Hey! Wait, I got nothing. Those kids were pretty creepy… :bugangel

Carry on.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Who is Anole?

Post by Feuerstein »

I'm not very familiar with 616 Toad. All I know about him is that he's Magneto's lackey and crushes on Wanda.

But it makes sense Anole is more like him, considering he's green and has that crazy tongue. ^_^ Of course it's obvious X-23 is the "New Wolverine" character, but I hadn't noticed about Meghan and Santo! That's sort of interesting. Makes me worry they're going to replace our old-timer lovies. :cry Eh... not much chance of that, right?

And ditto to steynedvelvet... he is rather cute! :)