Target X

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Target X

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I can't believe we don't have a thread for this mini!! One of the more brilliant X-books on the market by FAR. I know someone else is reading this!!

I really like X23, and think Kyle and Yost are doing a frelling FABULOUS job with this. I didn't care much for the character at all when she was introduced in Evolution, but the first X23 mini really made me fall in LOVE. And this one just continues the story and really is JUST as wonderful, if not better. And the art is FABBBBBB.

Anyway, I'm really interested in Kimura now. This chick has some kind of indestructible skin? She makes for a really awesome villian.

Comment comment! This book is SO GOOD!

[Edited on 19/4/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Target X

Post by Freak »

See? I don't hate X23, I'm reading that too :P

Art's great story.......idk, reminds me a bit of Rogue. She can't have a normal life and gets crap all the time bc of her powers :shifty At least she ain't a whiner...But hey, it's just me who doesn't think that killing machines who try to life a normal life isn't that appealing (doesn't equal hate, though :P)
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Target X

Originally posted by Freak
See? I don't hate X23, I'm reading that too :P

Art's great story.......idk, reminds me a bit of Rogue. She can't have a normal life and gets crap all the time bc of her powers :shifty At least she ain't a whiner...But hey, it's just me who doesn't think that killing machines who try to life a normal life isn't that appealing (doesn't equal hate, though :P)
:bite you did NOT just compare her to Rogue!!

I like the story alot. It may be a TAD cliche, but I think it's handled really well. She was trained as a weapon, but also had a "mother" who taught her to be human to an extent as well. I'm excited to see how this ends!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Target X

Post by littlebamf »

She's like who? Um, no. Not close. She was literally programmed to be a weapon, she knew very little else, other than what she got from her 'mother' and her sensai, so she hardly had a choice but to be this weapon that killed on order, plus her conditioning to act on the trigger scent and it made things even harder to break out of.

The story is fab, so I can kinda forgive the cliche elements in it and I would seriously screw the artwork in there!

Kimura is indeed very very interesting. I can't wait to get the next issue and check what's up with her, and after the last NXM story, I want to see where she's going to end up after what Emma did to her.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Target X

I really have to pick up NXM again....I dropped it because I didn't care much about all the killing in the beginning..but I keep hearing good things. Where should I pick up??
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Target X

Post by littlebamf »

Get 'Mercury Rising', the last arc they just did, as Kimura is in it so you get to see more of her. I've not been so keen on all the deaths, as, seriously, they're going to have no kids left soon and I'm a bit apprehensive about the Magik storyline, but I'm giving it a go anyway.