Uncanny X-Cast

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by Slarti »

I’ve been playing around in the wonderful world of podcasts the last few days, and I just had to pimp this one I found last night – The Uncanny X-Cast. I was immediately amused by the two hosts, and their angle is awesome as they have a long-time obsessive reader and a guy who hasn’t picked up a single X book in 12 years. They discuss the current books, spotlight characters and do reviews of older books… I mean really old, since they started with X-Men 1. Within the first two episodes, they’ve already listed Nightcrawler as one of their top five X-Men, so I think they’re of particular interest to us. ;)

http://uncannyxcast.blogspot.com/
HankScorpioCEO
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by HankScorpioCEO »

Brian and I do both love Nightcrawler and hope more of you take a listen!! BTW is the fact that Nightcrawler has not only his own community, but own FORUM not the greatest proof that the internet is man's greatest invention? *And ruining my life?*

Rob
Uncanny X-Cast
uncannyxcast.blogspot.com
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

LMAO - welcome to the board Rob. And ruin?? Naahhh. Enrich! :P

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by Slarti »

Hey! Welcome! This is surreal as HELL for me, because I’m listening to the podcast right now at work!
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by Freak »

My, seems like we've got internet royality :shifty

You guys know that you're kinda advertised on the marvel boards? :worship
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Welcome to the board!! You rock!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
HankScorpioCEO
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by HankScorpioCEO »

Originally posted by Freak
My, seems like we've got internet royality :shifty

You guys know that you're kinda advertised on the marvel boards? :worship
What do you mean about the advertised on the Marvel Boards? I usually post a thread on the forum about it coming out, is that what you mean? As far as I know Marvel doesn't know we exist!

Glad to see so many Nightcrawler fans listening. Out of curiosity since I haven't had time to go through all the threads on this active board, how do you all feel about Nightcrawler in Brubaker's run so far in Uncanny? Bri and I are both big fans of NC's, but feel he's been horribly underused so far.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by Freak »

Ah, advertising on your own? :shifty And yes, I meant the threads :P

And he is horribly underused, hands down. But Bru already stated that Rachel and Warpath are his favourites in the current roster :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by littlebamf »

Welcome to the boards!

And NC is underused - I can say that and I've pretty much given up all all X-books (being a poor student leaves little money). But I feel that he hasn't been excellently handled for a time, and maybe writers have no idea what they should be doing with him anymore as they've lost all sense of his direction, so they focus on other characters until they think up something new.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by Slarti »

Honestly, I haven’t even been reading the Shi’ar stuff. I dropped Uncanny right after Chuck Austin’s Draco storyline and have yet to pick it up again. I’m kind of in the boat where I dropped all the X books after that, and am just now sneaking back into them. When they come back from space I’ll pick up Uncanny again – though I have no idea if Kurt will be in it then. I’ve heard that he’s not getting a lot of panel time lately, and what little he does is not too exciting or terribly in character.

…I’ve seen rumors flying around the board that Kurt might be the X-man to die/not come back simply because he hasn’t had much to do. People seem to think he may be marking time in the book just do die at the end as the shocker. I dunno.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by Saint Kurt »

Yay. I love podcasting.

I started listening to Adam Curry's DailySourceCode back in the day and then Fr. Roderick because he was cool. I always wanted to have a Nightscrawlers podcast, but could never figure out what we'd actually talk about (re: the underuse of Nightcrawler problem) so I never even brought it up.

Awesome! Welcome!

-e
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by Feuerstein »

No worries, Slarti. At this point, if he dies, it will only prove every other spoiler-thingy wrong. I've read interviews in which it's been promised he's one of the survivors because of the following Uncanny plot. And he's been seen in previews of this year's annual. And someone on this board told me he's in World War Hulk.

I really doubt he's going anywhere. :)
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
Daycrawler
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by Daycrawler »

He was on the cover of the Endengered Species thing...
ImageBeing alone in a world filled with people is a horrible feeling
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by Elwing »

Hey Hank, welcome to the insanity...And bye the way, we have an awesome chat room too in case you get bored! See you around...
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by Slarti »

Wooo! Go X-Cast dudes! Their new episode is up, and they interviewed Mike Carey!! I’m going to download it today and listen at work if I can, if not, tonight. Should be interesting!

You can get their casts on iTunes or here:
http://media-c01m01.libsyn.com/podcasts ... ode_20.mp3
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I gave this a try. It's pretty awesome. Deliciously nerdy discussion with lots of cussin'. I have to keep pausing cause I'm laughing too hard.

"When Hepzibah is not the worst character on the Uncanny X-Men, you got a problem."

Shit man. lol

Also "Twenty years ago he was cool he's not cool now." Sing it. :( (It really has been 20 years, or close enough, hasn't it. Goddamn.)

[Edited on 17-6-2007 by The Drastic Spastic]
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by Slarti »

Aren't they fantastic? They crack me up every episode. And hey, did you catch the question from Slarti in episode 22? That is, of course, yours truly. Although they think I'm a guy. Just for that I'm totes taking credit for their casting call segment when they start it. ;)
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Slarti
Aren't they fantastic? They crack me up every episode. And hey, did you catch the question from Slarti in episode 22? That is, of course, yours truly. Although they think I'm a guy. Just for that I'm totes taking credit for their casting call segment when they start it. ;)
Yes! I did notice that and I was going to say something but I forgot. Two hours of talking and thoughts tend to slip away.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by Slarti »

LMAO! The X-Cast dudes have a new episode up, AND they started that casting call segment I suggested a while back. They also talk about X-Men 200 in this episode.

I have yet to listen to it, but I SO am later today.

Edit: Or, maybe I’ll listen right now. :shifty

OMFG…. :*D – I about pissed myself with their theories on whether cat Beast had to groom himself like a cat, and if Wolverine takes him to PetSmart for baths.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by Saint Kurt »

Originally posted by Slarti
OMFG…. :*D – I about pissed myself with their theories on whether cat Beast had to groom himself like a cat, and if Wolverine takes him to PetSmart for baths.
Ha!

I've got to start listening again because that sounds hilarious.

And you know after the grooming Wolvie could drop Hank at the in store Banfield vet clinic! They have discount wellness program for healthy cats and dogs that covers all their vaccines, yearly exams, etc. I'm sure they have a "cat-beast" discount program over there.

One thing I would not want to do though... is express Beast's anal glands. Sorry. I just wouldn't do it. Even if he was scooting on the carpet.

-e
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Uncanny X-Cast

Post by Slarti »

I've been playing catch-up on the podcast the last few days, and just wanted to mention our old Scrawlers buddy Chris Yost was on the show in Episode 46