Wisdom (MAX)

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Wisdom (MAX)

Post by idsunki »

Yes!

New Pete Wisdom mini-series!

Discuss how awesome this will be!
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Wisdom (MAX)

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Man, that writer talks a lot.

I always wanted to like Pete Wisdom, but haven't managed it yet. This sounds good, from the bits I did read. Maybe there's hope for the inexplicably bland Pete.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Wisdom (MAX)

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I read this....and it was....ok. But...really confusing. Maybe I should reread it, but I have like, no prior knowledge of Pete Wisdom upon reading this, other than New Excalibur (which I honestly don't count because...come on). Do I need to know about Pete already to "get" it? What was with the Tinkerbell thing? Huh?? *so confused*
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Wisdom (MAX)

Post by littlebamf »

It was alright I guess, but my hopes and dreams were not fufilled. A lot of it made me wince, as some parts were so stereotypically 'English' it was almost a piss take. Maybe thats what the writer intended, but as a Brit it did not make me happy.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Wisdom (MAX)

Post by Freak »

Guess it is kind of a project to modernize the classical english fairytales and stuff (Marvel goes Harry Potter :D )
However, I thought it was nice, and after all you have something that is very rare in Marvel-comics nowadays: new (and innovative) characters (well, apart from Pete)!
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Wisdom (MAX)

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja Freak
Guess it is kind of a project to modernize the classical english fairytales and stuff (Marvel goes Harry Potter :D )
However, I thought it was nice, and after all you have something that is very rare in Marvel-comics nowadays: new (and innovative) characters (well, apart from Pete)!
In the first comic they are actually going to "the otherworld" mostly populated by demons and magical creatures.
So i have heard. (Harry Potter BTW. Is not classical english fairytale)
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Wisdom (MAX)

I want to start a monthly event called "Explain Wisdom to Nacht" because I honestly am like..not getting it at all. It's good, and as of yet I'm enjoying it, but dammit I leave each issue confused as hell. It kind of reminds me a bit of Global Frequency.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Wisdom (MAX)

Post by littlebamf »

I get it :P

But I'm English so maybe that helps ;)

It is pretty damn good and the skrull Beatle look-a-like is hysterical. Overall I'm pleased. But not so pleased that it's only a limited run. Want moooore!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Wisdom (MAX)

LOL I think were I English I'd prob get it better ;)

And the Beatle skrulls are really funny. I love the whole concept.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Wisdom (MAX)

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
I want to start a monthly event called "Explain Wisdom to Nacht" because I honestly am like..not getting it at all. It's good, and as of yet I'm enjoying it, but dammit I leave each issue confused as hell. It kind of reminds me a bit of Global Frequency.
I think it has something to do with the two dozen unknown characters they toss at you right away.

And the made-up gov't agencies they expect you to know all about.

And the plot leaps that sort of make sense and sort of leave you scratching your head, like the "alliance" at the end of the first issue. So... Pete Wisdom represents England enough to count in a marrying off sort of dealie with a fairy princess? Shouldn't he be a prince or... or something??
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Wisdom (MAX)

Post by littlebamf »

Seeing as the King of the Fairys is at odds with his daughter its more of a marriage of convinience, the way I see it. Plus, being a superhero/champion of England of sorts (streching it I know) that must notch him up a few brownie points.

The influx of new characters isn't easyto get in your head at first, but the (skrull) Beatle, the (fairy) street punk and the (super) solider are pretty easy for me to take in as they're all types I can easily recognise. But that's just me :D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Wisdom (MAX)

Originally posted by littlebamf
Seeing as the King of the Fairys is at odds with his daughter its more of a marriage of convinience, the way I see it. Plus, being a superhero/champion of England of sorts (streching it I know) that must notch him up a few brownie points.
But if there is a problem (and there was, I'm sure of it) how is a patched together roll in the hay with two relative unimportants going to take care of it? Maybe I should read it again. :?
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Wisdom (MAX)

Post by littlebamf »

Well, way I see it if Tink gets doe eyed about Pete enough she won't want to go home so her father won't have to deal with her.

Plus didnt they agree not to mess around with Otherworld again after that? So then the fairy people are left to it, and Pete's lumbered.
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Wisdom (MAX)

Post by idsunki »

Seems to me it was a symbolic union, so most of the fairies would see it as 'legit,' and it was practical too. It was pretty obvious fairies didn't have much defense against proper levels of technology, just like most of the English didn't have much defense against proper levels of magic.

Sort of a "we'll leave you alone if you leave us alone, now the two of you get married so the commoners buy it."

Plus, he got to shag tinkerbell. Good on ya, Pete.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Wisdom (MAX)

The last issue ROCKED. I loved all the Jack the Rippers, and is it me, or is Captian Midlands AMAZING?? I loved his quote about alternate realities and its SO going in my sig once I get home and can reference the book for it :P
CmX
Lubber
Lubber
Title: Baby CAKES!!!

Wisdom (MAX)

Post by CmX »

This book is really crunk it's quite unique I love it.
kurtc
Lubber
Lubber

Wisdom (MAX)

Post by kurtc »

I'm enjoying this more than Excalibur at this point.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Wisdom (MAX)

Post by littlebamf »

I love Wisdom. I love it so frickken much.

There are such genius aspects to it, like the one witht the Welsh Dragon - for those of you who didn't realise/look, all the theme songs chosen were by Welsh bands, which was just awesome in my opinion. (And yes I know that was a while ago but most of you guys'll know I have been having serious grief with the board) :P