Top 25 X-Men

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Top 25 X-Men

Post by Confizzle »

IGN recently made a list of the top twenty five X-Men, here it is but here is the list here.

25. Strong Guy
24. Chamber
23. Quicksilver
22. Psylocke
21. Emma Frost
20. Madrox<---cheers, he made the list and at 20 too.
19.Banshee
18. Blink(AoA)
17.Bishop
16.Havok
15.Cable
14.Iceman
13.Magneto
12.Sabretooth (AoA)
11. Archangel.

and now for the top 10

10.Colossus
9.Beast
8.Storm
7.Nightcrawler
6. Jean Grey
5.Rogue
4.Wolverine
3.Kitty Pryde
2. Professor X
1. Cyclops

agree disagree...I think Sabretooth and Blink should be lower Cable too but I'd move Madrox up to about 15th or so. :D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Top 25 X-Men

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

That list is retarded.

Like, no Gambit? I'm not a huge Gambit fan but they have a freaking alternate universe Sabretooth rated at 12, which makes him somehow better than MAGNETO? Ridiculous.

I could say more, but AOA Sabretooth making the list at all? I rest my case.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Top 25 X-Men

Post by idsunki »

Cyclops and Professor X as the top two? Yikes.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Top 25 X-Men

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Of course, like WTF no Gambit? And i don't see how Quicksilver made it on the list, yet the Scarlet Witch is not there....

And I am not in the least a huge Jean Grey fan, but I'll be DAMNED that Cyclops is higher on the list than her, let ALONE at #1. And Emma Frost is frikken 21? WHAT?? NO. NO NO NO. She's WAY better than half of these characters. Who the hell decided this BS??

Though...woo Chamber!!!

[Edited on 23/5/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Top 25 X-Men

Post by Confizzle »

Here's the list of criteria for picking them.
Living the Dream: At the core of the X-Men is Charles Xavier's dream that mutants and humans can live in peace. The very best X-Men not only believed this dream, but promoted it through their actions. It doesn't mean they were a saint, it just means that, as best they could, they believed in Xavier's vision.

Personality: It's nice to believe in something, but it can also be quite boring simply to "believe." The characters that resonate longest are those with complex issues, interesting personalities and compelling stories.

Staying Power: Some of the newer mutants are beloved, but their place in X-Men lore is unknown. It's impossible to place someone like X-23 or Beak above some of the more proven characters of the X-Men Universe.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Top 25 X-Men

So, they didn't pick them on popularity, or how interesting their story is, how well they're done, but basically, how long they've been around??

Thats some stupid criteria. Anything that puts Cyclops at number 1 has to be dumb...

And I find it interesting that on a list which says one part of their criteria is "staying power", they have two (at least) depowered mutants, and one dead guy. LAME!!!

SHENANIGANS!!!

[Edited on 24/5/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Top 25 X-Men

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Half those characters don't deserve being on that list.. I like Chamber and all, but him over Gambit?? And Strong Guy too?! What next, Toad and Mammomax?!:rolleyes:bamf
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Top 25 X-Men

Fuck is Mammomax?

Cyclops is the greatest X-Man ever, going off those criteria. Although how they could somehow rank him above Xavier... Yes, it is indeed so that Cyclops personifies Xavier's dream more than Xavier himself.

And if they're going off the damn dream, why didn't they say that in Nightcrawler's entry instead dwelling for an entire paragraph on the religion? ARGH! ARGH! Remember when something like this would have said something like "Nightcrawler is the ultimate embodiment of Xavier's dream of equality because he is the scariest looking mutant but also the most kind" even though that doesn't really make sense? It was still better than this. What about his faith in the dream? Remember when that mattered? NOOOO!!
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Top 25 X-Men

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
Fuck is Mammomax?
That stupid elephant staying at the mansion.. why he has his powers while Chamber is on his death bed, I'll never understand
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Top 25 X-Men

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
Fuck is Mammomax?
That stupid elephant staying at the mansion.. why he has his powers while Chamber is on his death bed, I'll never understand
You have only succeeded in confusing me further. *asks Wikipedia cause no matter how much this elephant sucks, someone will have taken the time to set him up* There he is.... lol!

Notable Powers: "Elephantine strength and endurance, invulnerable outer hide, ivory tusks, intense stomach acids" Stomach acids???
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Top 25 X-Men

I like the use of the word "Elephantine". I mean, how often do you see a word of that calibur?
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Top 25 X-Men

Post by littlebamf »

That list makes me want to cry. Psylocke at 22 and no Gambit? Heck, I'm no huge Gambit fan, but he desveres a place on the list for sure.

Cyke and Prof X as 1 and 2...yup, that's slightly disturbing.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Top 25 X-Men

Post by Confizzle »

Umm...no offense to Gambit, but umm....how many times has he been a tratior to the X-Men? While I still think Blink and Sabretooth should be off, I'm not sure where exactly I would but him.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Top 25 X-Men

Dude...GAMBIT is GAMBIT. Like, sorry, but.....he's mfing GAMBIT....

Maybe its an age thing....but being a person who as a child grew up with the Xmen animated series...like...Gambit was and still is the shiznit. He popularity has weigned a bit, but he's still hot. They just need to get some better writers on him, and give him a lil face lift.

But still, Gambit's popularity is greater than many of those on that list. Also, I think you'd find that asking people in my age bracket who don't read the books, they'd know who Gambit is over a whole lot of those characters. (My frikken stoner ass cousin knew, for crying out loud...)
Perrolobo
Lubber
Lubber

Top 25 X-Men

Post by Perrolobo »

For me Nightcrawler is number one
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Top 25 X-Men

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
I like the use of the word "Elephantine". I mean, how often do you see a word of that calibur?
I like theodolite…but it’s hard to work that into general conversation…
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Top 25 X-Men

Post by HoodedMan »

Magneto's down on #13? Unfortunately, IGN doesn't have a lot of comic-readers on its staff, it seems. But you do have to consider that any list of this sort would have to be highly subjective.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Top 25 X-Men

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I'd say that Magneto, Jean, Wolverine, Xavier, and Cyclops would be the top five, but Nightcrawler would probably replace Cyclops if we were to do this poll at Nightscrawlers :D I'm thinking of starting a thread to see how everybody else would rank their favorite characters, but I'd never be able to rank them without resorting to playing favorites :LOL
Kaileighblue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Top 25 X-Men

Post by Kaileighblue »

I think that list is more about who they think stayed close to Xaviar's dream that who is popular. I think that would count off Gambit.. and Chamber.. and magneto.. and Emma from the sounds of where she is going.. That's why the AoA people are included.
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Top 25 X-Men

Post by bluefooted »

Yay! for Chamber!!!! I knew he could do it :worship

See, it's nice that even after a character is reduced to a dead body with a giant hole in the chest (and no jaw) he can still get on a list of the top 25.

Do agree that the lack of Gambit is strange - never one of my favs, but I can see the appeal.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Top 25 X-Men

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

what the fuck Cyclops? "Hey he cant control his powers and he's a dickhead, but i still like him".

Atleast Colossus is on the top-10.

[Muokattu 3/6/06 Lähettäjä: Crocodile Hunter]
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Top 25 X-Men

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I don't understand how Cyclops would rank higher than Xavier in a poll that is supposedly about "Who Personifies Xavier's Dream the Best".. I know Charles has had his moments that made him seem less than noble, but I'd think he'd still be number one.. :shakeno
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Top 25 X-Men

Post by Confizzle »

Well Chuck did go off into space for a while :shrug
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Top 25 X-Men

Post by DeeJay »

At least it wasn't Wolverine no.1.