Warren and Betsy questions...

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

You guys thart dont read X-treme possibly wont get this...I don't know what issue Psylocke was killed in but since Chhuck has said that he was going to be dealing with the Warren/Betsy issue, I thought that I'd bring up these questions.

*does Warren know who killed her?
*was he there?
*what was the reason for Vargas to have killed her?
*Since Rogue decided not to kill vargas, will warren want vengeance?
*will he want her costume back? her sword? or will the go back to her family in Britain?
*does she have a grave or a niche?
* how do you think he will come to terms with her loss and say goodbye to her?
*does he feel guilty for dumping her?
*if she WERE alive, would he want a relationship with her anyway?.

I would ask these questions on XFan, but Chuck does not seem to like me very much and is getting down right unpleasant when I ask him questions, so I wont.

What do you guys think?
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

well i HAVe read the issue she was killed so i can answer some of your questions. she died at the end of X-Treme #2 btw.

*does Warren know who killed her?

it never said.. at her funeral Brian showed up but no warren

*was he there?

nope....

*what was the reason for Vargas to have killed her?

he was after the X-Men because he had one of Destinys diaries saying Rogue would kill him. he decided to take preventative measures, but Beast and then Psylocke got in the way.

*Since Rogue decided not to kill vargas, will warren want vengeance?

Knowing Warren's personality, i would think so....

*will he want her costume back? her sword? or will the go back to her family in Britain?

hmm.... that's a tricky one. i don't think she even had a real sword tho, it was a manifestation of her powers

*does she have a grave or a niche?

she has a grave... or, she had a coffin, anyway. and it was sent 'back home' which since Brian was there, i took to mean to England.

* how do you think he will come to terms with her loss and say goodbye to her?

i'll have to think on that. all i know is Stacy has something to do with it, and i really having a tough time theorizing about it since it is such an emotional subject...

*does he feel guilty for dumping her?

I'd imagine he feels a little guilty. if he hadn't broken up with her, she may not have run off to Australia. and even if she had, he probably would have been with her.

*if she WERE alive, would he want a relationship with her anyway?.

i am thinking not. he was the one that called it off with her. but now that she is gone, i think he'll have a relapse of sorts, since there is no possiblity of them getting togehter again. you know the 'you always want what you can't possibly have' sort of thing.

and i am sure Chuck doesn't hate you, he was jsut joking around in that script thread :)
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Harlekein »

Well I'm really sorry for this plug here but I actually made a fanfic on the Warren/Betsy thing. And I need some people to proofread the prologue, so people who want to can send me a mail at nick_boers@hotmail.com
As for Stacy's involvement...maybe she is gonna try and play with his emotions using her pheremone powers to make him feel better, that would be cool...otherwise I don't see Stacy's use in the story...
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Originally posted by Harlekein
Well I'm really sorry for this plug here but I actually made a fanfic on the Warren/Betsy thing. And I need some people to proofread the prologue, so people who want to can send me a mail at nick_boers@hotmail.com
Hey, when you're done, would you mind if I put it up on my ARCHANGEL'S HEAVEN site?
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Harlekein »

Go right ahead MabusRex. If you PM me your e-mail adress I can send you the Archangel Prologue.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

Thanks Bamfette...Im sure I was just being strange yesterday...Chuck is a nice guy:)

But back to Warren, Didn't he break up with Bets in the first place because they weren't the "perfect" couple? because they weren't Scott and Jeanie? I know that Warren has always had a thing about Jean, but that was a pretty lame excuse. (Bad writing and worse editing sucks:P). Warren needs to lighten up ! Whether or not he wises up and excepts a" less-than-perfect" woman as a partner, be it Stace or someone else, he is going to have to quit being such a perfectionist. All work and no play makes Warren a dull dog:P

I'm REALLY interested in seeing where Chuck takes his "secondary-mutation", I just got #412 today and while there are a few rough spots, I really liked the issue...I don't know why every one is so down on it. XFan can be nothing but negative sometimes...sure, if he starts treating Kurt like crap and writing him way out of character, there will be no end to my wrath :smirk::mad::evil:...But, I think every one was in character, it's just that not every thing was explained.

I would like to see Warren come to the realization that not every thing in the world is going to be perfect, and if he wants love and companionship, he is going to have to deal with that.

Ok...I'll shut up now
Panz

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

yep his perfectionism is his big character flaw (i don't mean that in a bad way, i htink it makes him interesting... I am an extreme perfectionist myself so i can identify with that)

...and i still have not read 412.. damn school! i am waiting until later to get it... so i can get a bunch all at once
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

Ditto on the perfectionist thin...I drive everyone crazy with my detail fussing and general picky-ness..I kill a lot of good pieces of art/writing by fussing them to death *sigh*

I think that you will like a couple of the panels of Ron's art, tho' this was NOT one of his better issues. I absolutely love three panels and cant stand a bunch of the rest...I hope you get the issue soon. For me, reading the script first really made a difference on how I looked at some of the scenes.

I like Warren ok in his new look, it'll take some getting used to tho'.

panz
Panz

MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Originally posted by Pandora
Warren needs to lighten up!
Eh. I like him being really hard and perfectionistic. Don't want him "lighter" at all. But that could be due to my utter lack of interest in Warren as "Angel" as opposed to "Archangel". He never interested me in the early Uncanny days with his happy-go-lucky playboy-esk persona, so I shudder at the thought of that returning along with his caucasian skin. Keep him stoic and brooding with a sarcastic and dry sense of humor, dangit. :)

I don't know why every one is so down on it. XFan can be nothing but negative sometimes
Are you sure your looking at the same board? Cause I've seen quite a few more positive opinions on 412 than negative (even though I disagree). But so what if people didn't like it and posted such?
But, I think every one was in character, it's just that not every thing was explained.
Well, firstly, Stacy was so NOT in character it was painful. One of the aspects of "Hope" I really disliked was this new "perspective" on her. To me, she's unrecognizable.
Secondly, characterization, IMO, is congruent with the storytelling itself. If one is lacking (the "not everything was explained" part), the other can't make up for it, and usually vice versa. IMO, of course.
I would like to see Warren come to the realization that not every thing in the world is going to be perfect, and if he wants love and companionship, he is going to have to deal with that.
Hmmm. I'd like him to realize that in relation to his relationships, definitely, but as a leader and as a person, his strict perferctionism is something I hope stays put. And I'm for a Stacy/Warren pairing, pending Stacy stay the way she WAS and not go googly-eyed and soft like she did in "Hope". Warren needs to be challenged in his relationships and he needs PASSION in it as well. And, for me, that's what was lacking in the Warren/Betsy relationship. I never felt passion between the two.
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Harlekein »

I agree with MabusRex here. Archangel needs to stay who he is...Archangel. I was never fond of the "Angel" name either. As for Warren/Stacy...it has possibilities but I still prefer Warren/Betsy...if Betsy was alive that is.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

Originally posted by MabusRex

Eh. I like him being really hard and perfectionistic. Don't want him "lighter" at all.

*I was talking about his expectations from a relationship*

. He never interested me in the early Uncanny days with his happy-go-lucky playboy-esk persona, so I shudder at the thought of that returning along with his caucasian skin.

*I dont want the innane playboy back either...I could give a (insert naughty word here) what colour he turns tho'.*

Keep him stoic and brooding with a sarcastic and dry sense of humor, dangit. :)
*Im with you there sweetheart!*

Are you sure your looking at the same board? Cause I've seen quite a few more positive opinions on 412 than negative (even though I disagree). But so what if people didn't like it and posted such?

* I think I was mostly talking about Warrens colour change, I didn't like that no one noticed either and wonder why Chuck didn't consider it important*

Well, firstly, Stacy was so NOT in character it was painful. One of the aspects of "Hope" I really disliked was this new "perspective" on her. To me, she's unrecognizable.
Secondly, characterization, IMO, is congruent with the storytelling itself. If one is lacking (the "not everything was explained" part), the other can't make up for it, and usually vice versa. IMO, of course.

* I am not a Stacy fan, I think she is ugly and abrubt and since I usually skipped over parts of Caseys comic that had her in it, I couldn't tell you is she was "in" character or not*
Hmmm. I'd like him to realize that in relation to his relationships, definitely, but as a leader and as a person, his strict perferctionism is something I hope stays put. And I'm for a Stacy/Warren pairing, pending Stacy stay the way she WAS and not go googly-eyed and soft like she did in "Hope". Warren needs to be challenged in his relationships and he needs PASSION in it as well. And, for me, that's what was lacking in the Warren/Betsy relationship. I never felt passion between the two.
* In Closing, Ryan, I think you took most of my post out of context. The negative aspect of XFan is something that I get down about, I get a lot of PMs telling me what an idiot I am for having what ever opinion it is that whoever disagrees with...and I get kind of bitter about it...The only characters that I like in Uncanny are Obviously Kurt, Warren and Bobby....I particularly liked when Kurt was a more optimistic, cheerful, but moody person...I dont need him to be a grim brooder, thats what Wrren is for:P, Bobby can stay the prankster for all I care, tho' I like seeing new sides to all of them so long as it makes some sense with the original concept of the character*

Im not trying to bash XFan, I just get upset when everyone tells me how stupid I am all the time and/or bashes me in other posts. It hurts. I know that I am being overly sensitive, but Whatever...

I hope that Chuck gets better at writting the series too, but at least he is treating my favorite character as something other than dirt.

Pandora
Panz

MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Originally posted by Pandora
*I was talking about his expectations from a relationship*
Heh. I kinda figured that on later read-throughs. Just wanted to make my position known.
*I dont want the innane playboy back either...I could give a (insert naughty word here) what colour he turns tho'.*
Cool. But the color thing just relates to the VISUAL aspect of the character. While definitely not as important as the personality, it's important to my enjoyment of any character. Like when Abyss appeared in the final chapter of the X-CORPS story with yellow skin, green hair, and a purple body, I gagged. It's just something we associate with the character and IMO, I liked him infinitely better with a blue tint working off his blond hair.
*Im with you there sweetheart!*
*hugs Pandora*
* I think I was mostly talking about Warrens colour change, I didn't like that no one noticed either and wonder why Chuck didn't consider it important*
Ah. Well, it read as if you were commenting on people's opinions on the issue as a whole.
* I am not a Stacy fan, I think she is ugly and abrubt and since I usually skipped over parts of Caseys comic that had her in it, I couldn't tell you is she was "in" character or not*
Ah, the fundimental differance between you and I. I LOVED Casey's handling of her and ate up every appearace she made. And I find her quite sexy and I'm just really attracted to women with 'tudes ;)
* In Closing, Ryan, I think you took most of my post out of context.
And I apologize for that, but I still feel strongly about my opinions. :)
I get a lot of PMs telling me what an idiot I am for having what ever opinion it is that whoever disagrees with...and I get kind of bitter about it...Im not trying to bash XFan, I just get upset when everyone tells me how stupid I am all the time and/or bashes me in other posts. It hurts. I know that I am being overly sensitive, but Whatever...
WHAT??? You do? Well, if that's the case, could you please inform me or another moderator of this, cause that is NOT what we strive for there. If you look back at my post, I was mainly emphasizing my opinions in relation to your comments, and not downtalking your own opinions. But if someone/ones are doing the opposite over at X-Fan, and attacking you for your thoughts, well, they are violating the rules and it would be beneficial that you inform us so we can help.
I hope that Chuck gets better at writting the series too, but at least he is treating my favorite character as something other than dirt.
Understood. Unfortunately for me, he's treating MY favorite character as something that needs retooling.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

whooooaa.... Chucky just made a HUGE (spoiler ladden) post adressing pretty much everything said here. his reasons for differences between his and Joes Stacy are exactly what i guessed, he simply didn't know what Joe was doing with her. ah well.

http://x-mencomics.com/xfan/forums/show ... post268757
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Harlekein »

After reading Austen's answers, I'm doubting of where he is going to go with Warren. I'm not liking it very much...except where is going with the Warren/Betsy/Stacy thing. But off course the main reason for not liking is the Blue-->White thing. I'm glad though he isn't gonna make Warren the cold guy, he needs to be a bit cold but not that cold.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
*Hugs for Mabus!*
My goodness, is my temper running around without me again? :rolleyes:

Ya, Mabus! Im kinda reconsidering things and looking at the art, what is this scraggy long hair thing? is his secondary mutation that he becomes part of a hair band????? Me dont like the hair ! too scruffy!

And while we are on the hair thingy...if Im gonna try and like Stacy...could she get a pretty new hair style? She can be just as cranky as she wants to be, but they need to draw her pretty sometimes.

I know how it feels when someone is treating your beloved character wrong, believe me I do.

*more hugs for MabusRex*
Panz
Panz

little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Goodness knows we've had to deal with that with Kurt for however long now.:rolleyes: I'm really excited again for where things are going with him in the hands of Mr. Austen!:)
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.