What is your favorite X-book,and why?

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!

Total votes: 0

Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

My personal favorite would have to be X-Factor, since it has my favorite character in it. But really it's a great comic it turned Layla Miller into an interesting character. Peter David has a gift from the heavens to make B and C list mutants interesting. I hope that this series goes on for quite some time.

Another favorite of mine is New X-Men.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

To be honest I find them all pretty lacklustre at the moment, though I only get the three ‘core’ titles, Ultimate and Unlimited (which I heard is about to be cancelled any way). The only one I gave a damn about in recent times was Nightcrawler, but we all know how that ended. I guess I’d have to go with Uncanny…it’s the only one that I bother to go to the comic shop for during the week of its release, and that’s only for the Kurt presence, as much as he can squeeze in between Rachel and Betsy lately…
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I'm in agreement with Nandireya on this. I'm not very much impressed by any of the titles now, but I do check at the store for Uncanny and adjectiveless.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Hey Fizzle, you forgot some! (Though I can guess which one you voted for ;))

I agree with Nandireya and Angelique - if you'd asked a couple months ago my answer would have been different. Right now Ultimate X-men is the only one I'm really interested in seeing where the writers take it.

[Edited on 15/5/06 by chicory]
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I'm a bit stuck between Astonishing and Uncanny.. the thing about me is that I'm taking in account the fact that Uncanny is the book that started it all; the book that spawned off all other titles; the book that single-handedly made the word "Mutant" a common word, and making X-Men not just a book but a whole franchise of products (ranging from movies to children's books to action figures, and even birthday hats:eek).. that being said, I must also take into consideration the fact that Astonishing X-Men is the only book I even leave my house to get anymore.. so I'm stuck on those two right now and will hopefully make an impulsive vote soon :shifty
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Which ones did I leave out? I like Ultimate X-Men and look somewhat foward to the arc even though it's another Phoenix saga, and I love Astonishing right now, but Uncanny has be come too much of the Psylocke/Marvel Girl show for my taste.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Psylocke is leaving soon, so it may be a Marvel Girl/Nightcrawler show in a while :D
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Hmm....I'm throwing my vote in for Exiles, because IMHO, at one time, it was the BEST frikken book EVER (and I'm not just saying that for :nocturne :P)

Otherwise..the xbooks are less than thrilling. I've been reading alot of non-xbooks...like Runaways, Young Avengers, and even non-superhero titles like American Virgin...and they're pretty damn good...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I voted for Ultimate. X-Factor is a better book in every possible way, but dammit, I just can't be buggered. It's kind of like how I will burn up the internet for hours reading celebrity gossip blogs when I could be reading the classics or something.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir