(new) X-Factor

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

(new) X-Factor

Post by Feuerstein »

Guido's nuevo sense of humor is so lovable! I definitely picked up X-factor because I wanted to keep up with Siryn after Deadly Genesis. I was crazy about Banshee and horrified that he died, so I thought at least I had to see what was going on with his kid. I came to love Monet's quirks and disturbing sense of humor, and though I used to consider Madrox a jerk, now he's a jerk I love. Even Rahne makes worlds more sense to me than she ever did in New Mutants or even Excalibur.

The Quicksilver story was love. I giggled. I can't wait to see what it's all leading up to. I figure there must be a reason X-factor is being used as such a lead in to major plots, and that reason is it's a title people who haven't read it before will love once they pick it up to tie in the stories.
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

(new) X-Factor

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I just got caught up on this book. Read all the issues this weekend starting from the beginning. HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who is not reading. #39 in particular will kick your balls into your throat.

Peter David has a note at the beginning of the last three issues (39-41) saying not to spread spoilers over the internet, because "every reader deserves to be as stunned and shocked as you by the developments herein". It's not just hype. It is amazing and if you aren't reading you are missing out.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

(new) X-Factor

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I'm totally here with you Spaz. X-factor has probably been the most consistent title for me to provide a truly entertaining read every comic.

I was so :eek over the baby.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

(new) X-Factor

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I was so :eek over the baby.
I'm still :eek over the baby and I read it yesterday. Shocking and horrible, but amazing too. Haven't been hit this hard by a story for a long time.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

(new) X-Factor

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Oh that's the last one you read?? Yeah, that was so sad but brought out a ton of interesting concepts. I felt for the characters so much - which shows how engaged I was. Wait for the next few!!
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

(new) X-Factor

Post by Bamfette »

I'm shocked people aren't still talking about this. shocked, the last few issues were fan-freaking-fantastic. This is the only X Book I read anymore.

well, I just popped in out of the blue, guess I'll be going. :p

eta: Shatterstar is a surprise favorite. He reminds me of Nightcrawler when Warren Ellis wrote him back in Excalibur, when he was still shawsbuckling and fun. Sigh, the good old days.

[Edited on 8/1/11 by Bamfette]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

(new) X-Factor

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Whoa..... I think I just shat myself....

No one talks about it 'cause I don't think the people who read it think anyone else cares. I unfortunately have wanted to read it for awhile, but am not so sure about spending my $ on X-Titles not Blue-Elf related (and being there's none of those now...).

That said, your random outburst of love for the title has me interested.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

(new) X-Factor

Post by Bamfette »

I tried reading the core books, but I don't like them. (I have an allergic reaction to Claremont and Fraction ain't much better. I'll read anything Yost writes tho.) It's good stuff, this is, and it's been at it's best the last several issues. I mean, come on, Longshot in Vegas? undead vikings? that's just asking for awesome. and then you have the character driven stuff with Rahne, Rictor and Shatterstar.

... Shatterstar. I can't believe I've gone and become a Shattestar fan. what's wrong with me? but he's awesome. You can't tell me this doesn't remind you of Nightcrawler at his most fun:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/ ... 09_01b.jpg

[Edited on 8/1/11 by Bamfette]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

(new) X-Factor

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I hope your back-back, 'cause there's so many titles out there I'd love to talk about but this sadly is just one I haven't had flirtin' with me off the shelf, y'know? I wanted it to.... I batted my eyes that way, and it sort of cold shouldered me. Maybe that was a while ago though, I can give it another tap on the cover next time I go in.

Shatterstar huh?

Well Rahne & Rictor are nice enough. And Longshot, gotta love Longshot. I *almost* played him in the game here, but he has a stigma based on the last player LOL!
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

(new) X-Factor

Post by Bamfette »

Longshot's been de-mulleted and played mostly for laughs, but in a totally good way, he's a riot. Shatterstar, as you can see above, also got a much needed makeover so he doesn't look like a Liefeldian joke anymore, and he and Rictor are cute as all fuck together, and Peter David's portrayal of their relationship is excellently handled. And I can't deny the jabs he took at Rob Liefeld after he threw his 'Shatterstar can't be gay!' hissy fit were amusing. :D There has been drama between them and Rahne the last few issues, but it resolved nicely, though Rahne did end up coming off as kinda immature and as a bit of a bitch... no pun intended. :p and as always, Madrox is interesting...

I dunno, I think the thing is, I gave up on Marvel entirely when Civil War started, I was just so FED UP with all the big 'events' that I just threw my hands up and walked away from Marvel. I knew Yost when he used to hang out here, and I love what he does, and I would try and keep up with him, somewhat, but... (btw, you read his story in 'Serve and Protect with Anole and Rockslide? genius) while I was gone, I read lots of indie and Vertigo stuff, Fables and the like. The only superhero books I read were deconstructions of the genre, and pretty dark and violent ones at that. The Boys and The Authority (Yes, right up till the end. It got really terrible towards the end, after DnA's run ended, but I stuck with it to see how the WSU resolved) and those were pretty much my only superhero books. Then I came across an issue of this kinda at random, and I loved it. It had that realistic, darker edge I had grown accustomed to, very character driven which I like, but still was fun at the same time, which I realized i was kinda missing from The boys/Authority (they both certainly have their funny moments, but it's not the same type of humor). So I got caught up on it, and it only.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

(new) X-Factor

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Yost's work on "Red Robin" was amazing. I wasn't so fond of his most recent X-Stuff, though I tolerated it 'cause it was the lead-up to Kurt's death. I think Fraction is my favorite X-Writer, but as I've stated multiple times on the boards, I just don't read X-Books anymore.
Dan Slott's Amazing is where it's at for me. And Bendis' USM.