Son of M

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Son of M

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

So, I don't know about the rest of you, but Decimation has been less than impressive IMHO. I haven't really come across any post HoM books that have grabbed me and impressed me...except one...

Is anyone else reading Son of M?? By far the BEST book to come from the whole HoM aftermath. The first issue was phenominal, writing as well as art work, and checking out the preview for the second issue coming in january...HOLY SH*T! It just gets better....

Mind you, this is coming from someone with limited knowledge of Quicksilver as a character in the comics (I'm more familiar with his Evo-personality, but i'm quickly becoming a huge fan in the comics). So far, I've been absolutely floored by the book.

Someone PLEASE tell me you're reading it!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Son of M

Post by idsunki »

I'm totally reading it, and it keeps selling out at the shop. It was awesome when he tries to throw a punch at Spider-Man, and it doesn't even set off his spider-senses it's so non-threatening.

Though he still does try to play the hero, which is interesting...
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Son of M

Post by Confizzle »

I've put it on my buy list but I haven't been to the comic book store lately.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Son of M

Post by Confizzle »

Well. I just got Son of M issue 1 and 2, and I love it, the problem is that now my comic books to buy list is up to: Uncanny and Ultimate X-Men, New Excalibur, X-Factor, Generation M, Son of M, and X-Men Deadly Genesis.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Son of M

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I'm only getting Astonishing and Uncanny at the moment, but I'm thinking of getting into Ultimate soon (buy the trades I guess or try buying the individual issues..) anywho, I think I'll buy the SoM trade when it comes out (or if I find the issues and can get them for a reasonable price, I'll buy them).. I really like the cover for issues 5. .http://www.uncannyxmen.net/covers/previ ... onofm5.jpg
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Son of M

Post by Confizzle »

ya know trades have never really grabbed me... I prefer to wait a year and buy them half price(from local store), and the cover for five looks great. :nodyes
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Son of M

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

My only problem with collecting individual issues is that even if my shop actually has the issues I want, they usually jack up the prices.. I usually wait for a sale to buy anything in the bins, but I haven't even been there in months..:(
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Son of M

Post by Confizzle »

To each his own... there are a chain of bookstore called "Half Price Books" in Texas and that's where I get all my comics... cept the new ones. and ebay. I think I may end up buying a trade paperback for Ultimate but I'm not sure. Anyway I wonder what's gonna happen in issue 3 #2 left an interesting cliffhanger.