Emma Frost

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
kurt_the_quick
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Emma Frost

Post by kurt_the_quick »

I posted this on another board:
well, actually, she was still doing naughty things during her time with Gen X. at the very least, she killed her sister.

now, the X-Men and other superhero teams in the marvel-verse have a history of forgiving serious crimes if the super-powered person wants to work with them. off the top of my head:

---------------
X-Men who willingly committed crimes (not going to go into all the characters who committed crimes while mind-controlled)-
Rogue- worked with The Brotherhood for several years, stole Carol Danvers' personality and powers.
Gambit- thief; organized the group that committed the "Mutant Massacure", unaware of what they were going to do, but knew they were up to no good.
Nightcrawler (yes, even Nightcrawler)- killed insane stepbrother who was murdering children just before joining X-Men.
Juggernaught- worked with The Brotherhood/Black Tom for years and years, until very recently.
Wolvie- you can't tell me he hasn't purposely gutted anyone off-panel
Angel- willingly joined Apocolypse, became his "Death"
Magneto- on-again/off-again X-Man, founder of The Brotherhood, has killed at least the crew of a submarine willingly.
Colossus- served Magneto as an alocyte for a time, but I don't think he did anything of note during his tenure.
Storm- thief in Cairo as child
Marrow- member of "Gene Nation", terrorist organization who aimed to get revenge for the "Mutant Massacure" and other atrocities.
Emma Frost- willingly served with the Hellfire Club during some nasty business. she herself helped drive the Pheonix insane, tried to mind-wipe Storm, "mind-raped" Iceman, and as I noted, has killed at least one person.

other heroes/characters of note-
Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver- served with the Brotherhood at the beginning of their careers.
Hawkeye- thief, fought Iron Man.
Black Widow- Soviet spy.
Black Panther- Wakandan spy.
Moira McTaggert- tried to mind-control Magneto by altering his genes.
Sunfire- tried to destroy Washington D.C. when he first recieved his powers.
The Thunderbolts- entire team of criminals who participated in the break-in of the Avengers mansion.

other incidents of note-
Scarlet Witch- recently went insane and killed members of the Avengers as well as altered the entire dimension to her specifications.
The Pheonix force- when it took over Jean Grey's apperance, wiped out an entire system on a whim.

Sandman- obviously hs done some naughty things, but recently it's been revealed that he has a personality disorder; served with the Avengers for a time.
Mystique- leader of The Brotherhood, has allied with the X-Men at various points in her career.

-------------------
now, in the face of all these heroes who have committed crimes, how does Emma Frost stand out?

she doesn't show any remorse for her actions, and leads me to suspect that she would commit more if she wished to. everyone else (except Mystique) are trying their damndest to make up for their crimes, justice in a way. Has Emma even apologized?

marvel directory

so what do you think of Emma's repentance? is it genuine?
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Emma Frost

Post by prettyminotaur »

I don't like her. I've never liked her. I cheered when Psylocke came back and kept thinking "Cow." "Cow." "Slag." I don't trust her, I don't like her holier-than-thou attitude, and I really don't like her referring to Kurt as Storm's "pet." He's ten times the hero she'll ever be.
Bamf, suckas!
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Emma Frost

Post by Cibo »

Well said!
But it seems Emma is really popular among guys. Must be here charming, sensitive personality. :rolleyes
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Emma Frost

Post by Nandireya »

I will go as far as to say I hate her...she’s probably only all snugly with Scott so the rest of the X-Men don’t kick her out on her well-toned arse. She's the main reason I dropped New X-Men (and because I never really cared for Morrison's work). I'm really hoping that Whedon goes with his little subplot that she's still in cahoots with the Hellfire Club...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Emma Frost

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by prettyminotaur
I really don't like her referring to Kurt as Storm's "pet."
Is this canon???????? I NEED TO SEE THIS IF IT'S CANON. :D

Emma fucking rules, you people who haven't posted for like two years can get bent.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir