Delineating between the current X-Books

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

Hello, all...as you can tell by my recent spate of posts, I've been away from the X-Mansion for the past 5 years, and I'm frantically scrambling to get back into the current continuity.

Back when I was an avid reader, I remember the following "guidelines" for the core X-Books: X-Men was supposedly the "Blue Team," Uncanny was the "Gold Team."

I know all about Ultimate X-Men being a "reload" of the title, and Astonishing being the Whedon book, but where do Uncanny, plain old X-Men, and X-Treme X-Men fit into the current continuity? Which teams are in each book? How do they overlap? Do they? I'm so confused... :browse
Bamf, suckas!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Excalibur was cancelled which brought Kurt, Kitty and Piotr back into the fold for an all new relaunch. The team then consisted of those three, Ororo, Rogue and Wolverine, who appeared in both Uncanny X-Men and X-Men, the storylines spreading over both titles…Gambit came back after being booted out when the team learned he’d actually formed the Marauders (the same team of bad mutants that had injured the three returning Excalibur member…who never seemed to have a problem with Gambit despite the fact that his actions almost got them all killed)…they ended up on space where Wolverine was replaced by a highly trained Skrull…Jean and Scott returned…‘Wolverine’ eventually got killed and during the post-mortem was discovered to not be Wolverine…who was actually know the horseman Death…but he got better…

Then came ‘Revolutions’ which introduced the whole ‘Kurt as a priest’ thing…and the team split into two again (though I can’t remember offhand who was on which team…) and Sage arrived in their midst. Piotr sacrificed himself to end the threat of the Legacy virus. The Uncanny team settled with a roster of Kurt, Warren, Bobby, Jono and Wolverine…(the only team I really cared about at the time due to its Kurtage ;)) who were kind of the international team who went around dealing with all kinds of mutant related stuff. New X-Men featured Cyclops, Phoenix, Beast, Xavier, the White Queen, Wolverine (yes…he was on both teams) and Xavier (a little greedy on the telepaths there, huh?) who ran the school…I never read X-Treme X-Men…but I know they went off to find Destiny’s diary which foretold just about everything…they were (IIRC) Ororo, Betsy, Rogue, Remy, Tessa, Bishop and a whole slew of new characters I know nothing about…a new Thunderbird, Lifeguard and Slipstream…I think…and they formed the XSE…some kind of mutant police force

Uncanny’s line-up increased to include Northstar, Husk, Polaris and Juggernaut…until the now three teams all came back together to mix and match members and we ended up with the teams we have today…more or less…off the top of my head (correct me if I forgot anyone...)

Uncanny...Nightcrawler, Storm, Bishop, Marvel Girl (she needs a GOOD name), Psylocke and Wolverine (and for a while Sage and Cannonball) which are basically the XSE and, though based at the Institute don’t really spend a lot of time there, and are apparently about to get back on the trail of Destiny’s diary…

X-Men...Havok, Polaris, Rogue, Gambit, Iceman, Wolverine and apparently the White Queen (not officially a member but she sure seems to show up a lot...she's becoming the female Wolverine...she's EVERYWHERE...at least I won't grow to hate her like I did him...I never liked her *cough*slut*cough*) based at the mansion…not really sure what they do…the kinda teach and kinda fight bad guys…

Astonishing X-Men...Cyclops, Shadowcat, Colossus, Beast, White Queen and Wolverine…mostly the teaching staff…gotta wonder what Wolverine teaches…
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

Wow, thanks, Nandi! That's me caught up, then...I'm currently buying the Uncanny TPBs, I'm not really sure which order books like Poptopia and "Uncanny X-Men: The New Age" fit into, but I'm trying valiantly to match up issue numbers and whatnot... :D

thanks again!
:bamf
Bamf, suckas!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

>gotta wonder what Wolverine teaches…

Art? :D
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Angelique
>gotta wonder what Wolverine teaches…

Art? :D
Oh my God, that was the best scene in the entire movie. God, I wish X3 could be like that. >.>
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Perhaps Wolverine teaches "teleportation". How else could he manage to be on all three of the new teams at the same time?

Oh. Wait. I guess the teleportation power is already taken by another character... It must be art then. He travels at the speed of art. That's how he does it.

-e
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

I don’t think Wolverine actually exists anymore…they’re all clones…or maybe Skrulls…or geeky fanboys who voluntarily went through the Weapon X program and lots of cosmetic surgery so they could be him…
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

"the speed of art!"

hahahah!
Bamf, suckas!
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I think Wolverine has several Wolverine robots that he sounds out to do his bidding while he sits in his Batcave and tries to find out who he is.. and then he sometimes actually goes on his missions from his title..
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

Did you guys see the cartoons making fun of X-continuity...? "Wolverine will be on every team." "Jubilee will be on this team, but say and do nothing."

Great stuff!
Bamf, suckas!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Are you talking about the same movie this post is talking about?
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

Yes, indeed. Thanks for linking the threads...
Bamf, suckas!