X-Men Legends II

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

Yeah, more story would be great. Kurt's very different from Wolvie...Wolverine is limited to hacky/slashy techniques, but with Kurt you can :bamf THEN slash, and do so much more...plus I loooove when he shouts "MASTER OF CHAOS!" It's even better than the last game's "BLINDSIDE BLITZ!"

I agree about the plot point, BAMFCentral...made me smile. if only more things like that would happen!
Bamf, suckas!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

X-Men Legends II

Post by HoodedMan »

God, now I know I have to get this game. It just sounds fantastic, and I would love to see a game Kurt takes a major role in.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

Well, he takes whatever role you want him to take...but he's definitely one of the strongest characters! He also figures prominently in quite a few of the cut scenes. And the voice actor portraying him ain't half-bad...
Bamf, suckas!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

X-Men Legends II

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by prettyminotaur
Well, he takes whatever role you want him to take...but he's definitely one of the strongest characters! He also figures prominently in quite a few of the cut scenes. And the voice actor portraying him ain't half-bad...
Kurt strong? YAH!

Does he have a sweet German accent or is it as crappy as Wolverine's in Pryde of the X-Men?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

It's fairly good, IMHO. About Alan Cumming level.
Bamf, suckas!
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Legends II

Post by BAMFCentral »

THough it should be said hearing Grizzly speak during "in Game Cinematics" had me cringing a bit as ddi some of the other wanting to sound overly macho voices...

But yeah Kurt was nicely done. Like the grass growing comment :p

Oh and the Platform/Bastion mission sucked so bad! Swarms of physically resitant sentinals are not fun. Got down to Mags and Nighty with no potions left. Luckily found a safe corner than I got Bastian wedged into so none of the sentinals could find a walking path to get to me. Last minute of the battle was very nerve rattling .
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

Hahahahah, yeah, I tried the Platform level, and got screwed over within the first five minutes...apparently I didn't destroy everything in time, and SHIELD got nuked. But there are HORDES of enemies on that thing! HORDES! I reloaded my game and decided to go after Shaw first, in the hopes that leveling up some more will do me some good...

I'm pleased with the increasing difficulty curve. It had me worried there for a couple levels...Savage Land and Genosha were cakewalks.
Bamf, suckas!
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Legends II

Post by BAMFCentral »

Yeah I'm fearful of act 5 right now, but I still have a long way to go into act 4... The first game was similar all the fighting really wasn't that hard except a few bosses, and the Mags was surprisingly easy, kinda anticlimatic. So when I actually found the true end boss for XL 1 that was a rough one.

Killed Bastion and have collected and returned the 3 items for person at the X-mansion, currently heading to the holding pens and looking for my last homing beacon for the act.

I am really enjoying the game and will happily buy a 3rd, but could we have a little more diversity in enemies??? Move it to a PC format and make use of the room for data. Really wish there were dinosaurs to fight in the savage land that would have been cool, I'll be opimistic and say that maybe the designers ran out of room ot add them but man that would have been cool.

And has anyone done any Flash back missions??? Where are they I thought that was a selling point of the game or are they only being released for the PSP. If so that sooooo bites.
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

I haven't found any Flashbacks in XML2. :(

I returned the 3 items to the person last night, and fought Deadpool(which was awesome and unexpected, BTW). Still scared of that platform mission. Maybe tonight...
Bamf, suckas!
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Legends II

Post by BAMFCentral »

And done... no more staying up till 4 playing this thing ahhh!... So tired.

Act 5 isn't bad, the Apoc fight is about mid difficulty for this game. The hardest I found were Mikail and Bastion.

I have unlocked 2 of the 3 characters working on the 3rd, just because it should be easy. The only problem is that I am missing 2 DR discs arrgh. So I can't get the third until I find those. Waiting to see if someone creates a DR Disc location guide so that I can find my missing 2.

All in All minus a few fanish nit-pickings I really enjoyed this game. And the improvements really helped make it less nerve racking that the last one. One of the nicer additions was the blink portal. You pretty much could head back to the home base anytime u wanted without waiting for a waypoint. Which the first game sorely lacked this feature. In the first you had to battle a long way to reach a save point or run back a long way to go to a past save point. The sections while sorter this time did keep me from having to redo too much if I ever died.

The other nice feature was the enemy respawn. I know this sounds bad, and not sure how it works. But I went venturing out in places I had already been and noticed that the enemies had respawned. Cool. Now I could easily level my other characters WO having to rely on the danger room.

Probably the biggest improvement is the removal of idiotic deaths. While fighting on narrow expanses my AI characters didn't run into the gapping abyss to there deaths. And I didn't fall inot any environment cracks (which the last game seemed to ahve in abundance).

I will definately be buying a third enstallement if they make it. Hopefully with nightcrawler in it. And if the improvements for the 3rd are equal to number of things they improved for the second it should be a pretty solid game.

My Apocalypse Death Squad. Magneto, Cyclops, Iceman, Nightcrawler.
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

Congratulations! I still have a ways to go...a few more sleepless nights leveling up my merry mutants...god, I love this game! :bamf
Bamf, suckas!
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

X-Men Legends II

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Originally posted by BAMFCentral
Probably the biggest improvement is the removal of idiotic deaths. While fighting on narrow expanses my AI characters didn't run into the gapping abyss to there deaths. And I didn't fall inot any environment cracks (which the last game seemed to ahve in abundance).
My Apocalypse Death Squad. Magneto, Cyclops, Iceman, Nightcrawler.
Firstly, both Scarlet Witch and Magneto have died with me.. both fell off the same ledge in the Cerci Tunnel, so I had to restart the game.. Also, I think Storm fell to her death at some point.. As for your team, mine is usually the same, just Storm in place of Nightcrawler..
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Men Legends II

Post by Darkholme »

Well, I actually bought the BradyGames guide for the game a week before the game came out because I just had to see what was new and improved. So let me know which two DR discs you're missing and I'll tell you where they are. :)

I'm currently enjoying Nightcrawler, Storm and Magneto, and have been switching between Rogue, Sabretooth and Colossus for the 4th position, right now using mainly Rogue for her Healing Aura in downtimes. Consequently, Nightcrawler is 26, Storm and Magneto are 25, and the other three are all in the 22-23 range. And of course Nightcrawler has grabbed every station possible.

I'm halfway through Act 3 right now, and am hoping to finish that up this weekend. Between midnight showings of Serenity and flights, my game time has been cut to nil. But I do really enjoy this game!
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Legends II

Post by BAMFCentral »

The two DR discs I'm missing are:

X-men Level : 3rd from teh bottom after Challenge of Bishop

Junior Level : last one

If you know where they are then I'm one step closer to having all my unlockables : )
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

I'm stuck in the Tower of Apocalypse. I can't seem to get to the next level. What do I have to do to make the teleporter work? It's glowing and all, I just can't get it to move on...
Bamf, suckas!
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Men Legends II

Post by Darkholme »

Originally posted by BAMFCentral
The two DR discs I'm missing are:

X-men Level : 3rd from teh bottom after Challenge of Bishop

Junior Level : last one

If you know where they are then I'm one step closer to having all my unlockables : )
I think it should be these two then:
Challenge- Sunfire Canada- Part B (Infinite Factory)- Assembly Factory
(in a cryogenic chamber)

Challenge- Storm New York- Part C (Apocalypse's Tower)- Tower Engineering
(in the room with four destroyable orbs)
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

waaaah, i'm still stuck! somebody help me, please? I just have these Night Menaces that keep attacking me and attacking me, and I can't get to the next level! :bawl
Bamf, suckas!
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Legends II

Post by BAMFCentral »

Thanks Darkholme will see if I can find.

Have those 2 and the protect Havok DR mission. Anyone complete that one. Poor havok keeps getting swarmed on me and I can't keep them off

The Nightmare missions were a breeze with compared to keeping Havok alive.

What room are you in exactly that is giving you trouble. If you are still stuck in the same room try checking around for a red arrow are there any more red X's on your mini map? What console are you playing the game on?
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

X-Box. There aren't any more red Xs, just the yellow circle where the teleporter is. I'm getting really frustrated.

A tip for the Havok protection mission--position one of Jean's guardian phoenix thingies right near him. It'll help a little bit, at least.
Bamf, suckas!
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Legends II

Post by BAMFCentral »

Are you on top of the tower?? have you already killed the horseman for Act IV??

If yes and yes then you should just be able to leap into the middel teleporter to head to the next act if no then if its a smaller teleporter and it has a glowing animation on it whne u stand on it you don't get activation text?
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

No, I'm on the first level, with the Great Hall Door. I've killed everyone on the level. No activation text. It's driving me nuts!
Bamf, suckas!
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Legends II

Post by BAMFCentral »

Not sure whats going on I'll bounce back over to act iv and enter the great hall and see if I can see what I can see.
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

Danke. Keep me posted...

:bamf
Bamf, suckas!
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Legends II

Post by BAMFCentral »

Okay first level...

After entering from the sewers You activate the first room and are swarmed by enemies. Once all the enemies are dead the middle portal looking thing will be glowing.

There is a door that must be opened to get into the hallway. Once open you get a Xtraction point "The Patheon". Go down the hallway down the stair. Beat up the Robots. Go up the next set of stairs and there is a console with a green arrow activate the console. And the transporter next to it will activate proceed to the next level...

Are you past this point?
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Men Legends II

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

finally I got it, but I can't play till this weekend. I've got 7 essays to write by friday for all the classes i missed last week. Game sounds great, can't wait.
one name: Bruce Campbell