House of M

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

House of M

Post by bluefooted »

So, HoM #8 comes out today. Here's the list of who's been de-powered so far (Sorry, Nacht :()

Spoilers!

Magneto
Wanda
Windancer
Tag
Blob

Looks like Bobby as well (though it's ambiguous)
possibly the Prof
most likely (but hasn't happened yet) Pietro, Jono, Jubilee
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

House of M

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Magneto?! I can't believe that one could actually be possible:eek..
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

House of M

Post by Cibo »

Yeah, and it's all permanent... just like Colossus death...
Just wait a few years and he'll be back to superpowerful and superdangerous somehow. :nodyes
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

House of M

Post by idsunki »

I think the last line on the last page has a huge amount of potential.

If Marvel messes this up and turns it into something lame, there will be boots-to-the-heads all around, but I have a feeling they'll find a writer that will be able to do something really cool with all that.

Good to know Kurt's up and running still, though. You can all breathe a sigh of relief on that.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

House of M

Post by bluefooted »

Originally posted by Cibo
Yeah, and it's all permanent... just like Colossus death...
Just wait a few years and he'll be back to superpowerful and superdangerous somehow. :nodyes
I'm not worried about some characters never coming back. I'm betting they will eventually - though Joe Q. swears it won't happen on his watch. But for others - especially a certain someone's favorite character who's never been super popular *wink, wink* - well, this seems more permanent :X

Anyway, I was pretty shocked about Bobby. It hasn't been proven to my utmost satisfaction, but it seems like it's going that way. I was surprised how sad I was about that... didn't know I cared so much about him.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

House of M

Post by Saint Kurt »

Hey!

Would anyone of you House of M experts like to host or co-host a House of M chat like the ones I'm doing with the Winding Way arc of Nightcrawler?

Chat has been kind of quiet lately so I've been trying to 1) liven it up and 2) make it relavant to forum content

I'd love to see someone take this on. I liked House of M much more than I thought I would to be honest and there's the potential for some very intesting discussion here. If you're interested drop me a U2U or an email so we can talk about dates and times, getting you some chat moderator privledges and any other particulars...

Thanks!
-e
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

House of M

Post by BAMFCentral »

well u see the bubble go up by Dr Strange in #7 so I was wondering why everyone wouldn't be affected except in the ones in the bubble... Or do they explain this a bit in 8???.
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

House of M

Post by Singe »

Chat sounds like a good idea, zam. Incidentally, GMT is an hour slower than CST, right?
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

House of M

Post by Saint Kurt »

GMT stands for Greenwich Mean Time. It is the time zone that London, England is in and is considered to be the "zero point" where the time zones start. It is 6 hours faster than Central Standard Time (CST), the time zone I am in.

Don't get that confused with "Standard time" which refers to the way time is reckoned while not using daylight savings time (in other words - right now). Standard time is one hour slower than daylight savings time (hence all the fall back, spring foward business).

All this could have been avoided if the earth was flat.

-e
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

House of M

Post by bluefooted »

Originally posted by BAMFCentral
well u see the bubble go up by Dr Strange in #7 so I was wondering why everyone wouldn't be affected except in the ones in the bubble... Or do they explain this a bit in 8???.
Not really. And some of the people who I thought weren't anywhere near the bubble are apparently safe. Guess it was just a good explanation when it was convenient for Marvel. So far I can't see any rhyme or reason to who's safe and who's depowered except if you count who's in upcoming books :urg
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

House of M

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I dunno about Wanda........They didn't PROVE she's powerless....just that she's living with gypsies.

How can she be 100% powerless anyway, if her power is what caused this?? I dunno....seems a bit odd to me...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

House of M

Post by bluefooted »

NOOOOOOooooooo!!!!!!!

I hope they pull the plug on him soon :yech

(Isn't it sad that my contribution to the forum lately has been made up almost entirely of fanwanking? ;))
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

House of M

Post by Nandireya »

That picture is truly frightening...I doubt the poor fella can survive that...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

House of M

Post by Northstars Love »

Is that Chamber in that picture? If that is its really creepy! :eek

The Blob doesn't look too great either by the Previews of Decimation House of M The Day After coming out this week.

Buzzscope

Ya, I agree there is no proof Wanda lost her powers. Also, I'm very unhappy at the fact Magneto lost his. Of course this could only be temporary since things always change in the comic world and I wouldn't be surprised that his powers return eventually.

One last question I need answered: Where the hell is Professor X? Emma couldn't find him. Anybody have any ideas where he is or ended up?
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

House of M

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I think I'll pick up Decimation.. I'm still missing House of M 5-8, but I'm sure I could find them sooner or later.. it seems Blob isn't the only one being affected though.. here are a few covers from Generation M of mutants whno have probably lost their powers.. http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/news/ ... powers.jpg http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/news/generationm3.jpg http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/news/generationm2.jpg
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

House of M

Post by Northstars Love »

Jubilee is no surprise really. I haven't see her pop into an X-Men book...god knows when.

The Blob looks like Fat Basterd after he lost all that weight in GoldMember. :LOL
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

House of M

Post by HoodedMan »

Yep, that's Chamber. And a really creepy picture... *shudder*
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

House of M

Post by prettyminotaur »

Man...Chamber... :shakeno
Bamf, suckas!
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

House of M

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by HoodedMans Love
Jubilee is no surprise really. I haven't see her pop into an X-Men book...god knows when.
Wasn't she in Uncanny for a while after she was nailed to a cross on the X-Mansion lawn? During Chuck's run I think, the issue where he killed Skin. (And got the name wrong)
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

House of M

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

The issue you're talking about is Uncanny 423 I believe (Holy War), which is one of the earliest issues I bought (cause it was only 25 cents) and she was on the team until around Reload I think.. or at least until Draco was over..
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

House of M

Post by Cibo »

I'm so sorry for Jubilee... she still had that 80ies touch: the pink glasses, the yellow jacket, the bright neon colours of her powers which were more fun than threat... all gone.:(
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

House of M

Post by Confizzle »

I just got Generation M with Chamber and Ouch.... no heart or chest cavity how is he still alive?