Young Avengers

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Young Avengers

Post by Entropy »

Anyone reading Young Avengers?
It is absolutley a wonderful title. I love the writer and the art is fantastic! I've never been an Avengers fan, but this title is requires no previous knowledge of the Avengers and is a lot of fun. Perfect combination of humor, drama, action, etc.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Young Avengers

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I've heard a bit about it....who's in it? Are they all new characters??
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Young Avengers

Post by Entropy »

They are all new, but are supposed to all have ties to Avengers history (supposedly not yet revealed, not that i know Avengers history anyways).

The artist, Jim Chueng, used to do Crossgen's Scion (not the later issues), and some Marvel stuff (some X-force, Maverick, etc.). He has a very clean style.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Young Avengers

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Well they have pretty much same powers as some adult heroes.

Iron Lad = more advanced armor than iron man has, he started the young avengers, and left because he was someone (i dont want to spoil) someone dangerous.

Hulkling = has the same powers as hulk, but can change his form, and doesnt get berserk.

Patriot = Leader of the Young Avengers, dressed up in the same way as Captain America's Sidekick did but he actually doesnt have any mutant powers he uses a stimulating drug.

Cassie Lang (daughter of ant man) = has powers to grow to a giant and opposite.

Hawkling (dont remember the real name, daughter of bishop) = doesnt have powers but is skilled with bow and swerds.

Wiccan aka. Young Thor = can cast spells etc.

i have 9 magazines (downloaded) and this is awesome series.
damnit cant find anymore.

heres the picture of them with their latest (or whats the latest ive seen) costumes.

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Young Avengers

Originally posted by Crocodile Hunter
Hawkling (dont remember the real name, daughter of bishop) = doesnt have powers but is skilled with bow and swerds.
Kate Bishop....but I don;'t see where they refer to her as Bishop's daughter....and I don't think her name is Hawkling..I know they joked about calling her Hawkingbird (because of her hybrid Hawkeye/Mockingbird thing goin on) but I can't remember her name...

Ahh, quick check at Wikipedia, it's Knightress...

I really like the book, but every once in a while the writing seems a bit trite...the recent arc about Teddy's [spoiler] Skrull [/spoiler] heritage has me captivated....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Young Avengers

Post by idsunki »

But is it just me, or is everyone a [spoiler]skrull[/spoiler] these days? I mean, the one in here, Ethan from MK Spider-Man, and ... well, those two.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Young Avengers

Alkuperäinen postittaja NachtcGleiskette
Originally posted by Crocodile Hunter
Kate Bishop....but I don;'t see where they refer to her as Bishop's daughter....and I don't think her name is Hawkling..I know they joked about calling her Hawkingbird (because of her hybrid Hawkeye/Mockingbird thing goin on) but I can't remember her name...

Ahh, quick check at Wikipedia, it's Knightress...

I really like the book, but every once in a while the writing seems a bit trite...the recent arc about Teddy's [spoiler] Skrull [/spoiler] heritage has me captivated....
yeah well, my collection of the comics end to the 7th or 8th magazine so cant remember everything.
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Young Avengers

Post by Darkholme »

And pics of the Young Avengers Marvel Legends set have appeared!

http://www.action-figure.com/events/mai ... temId=8588

Would have liked it if the girls were included as well, but I'm just thrilled we're getting ANY of them!

[Edited on 26/1/06 by Darkholme]
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Young Avengers

The action figures are WAY exciting, but I was a bit disappointed not to see Stature and Kightress in there :(
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Young Avengers

HOLY CRAP!!! HOLY CRAP!!!

Billy......Tommy....

William....Thomas....

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, I'm not even DONE with issue 10 and I'm freaking out!

I knew they had said that two young avengers would be related to the Avengers some how...

AND HOLY CRAP!

[Edited on 8/2/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Young Avengers

I only could download series from #1 to #8
:doh!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Young Avengers

Jesus, this book just gets better and better...

I'm not usually one to be into the whole alien thing, but all this with Teddy and the Krees and Skrulls is pretty hot. And....Billy and Tommy? Yeah. Fucking brilliant.

I think I'm in love with Tommy, btw....