Need help from Generation X fans

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I am involved in an X-Man RPG where I play Penance (III). Yeah, I know that sounds boring but my Penance is a little AU (she does speak, using sign language)

Anyhow, can anyone tell me if Penance is vulnerable to fire or energy mutants? Her skin is a dense as a diamond and impenetrable. But can she be burned or can energy blasts, like those from Cyclops cause her harm? :?

I’ve been trying to find this out since I took over that character, but I don’t have any issues of Generation X that show her being harmed.

Can anyone help me. I have a major plot coming up and I want to play the character as true to the comic Penance as possible.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Excellent. Penance is my girlfriend' s favourite character. Even if it's a character that doesn't really exist ! LOL
Penance is a jail. It's only a shell where somebody is trapped.
Monet St Croix, aka M, was the first Penance. She was imprisoned by Emplate, her brother, while her twin sisters merged as a fake M.
Yeah, I know... SO complicated...

Anyway, I think Penance couldn't really be hurt by optic blasts or fire. She could fall inconscious but she could not bleed. A little like Emma Frost's new skin.

Oh, and by the way, in the RPG we're playing, Penance is my girlfriend's bodyguard.... along with Jamie Madrox. Quite an effective team if you ask me ! :)
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Actually, toward the end of the Gen X run it was established that there was an entity in the body of Penance that was not one of the St. Croix sisters, and Emma determined that she was from Yugoslavia. The name Yvette was mentioned and she was dubbed Penance III.

My Penance is somewhat AU. When the game was started it was X1movieverse with some comic characters added. There was also an attempt to make it a little more realistic than the comic so alternate dimensions and magic are not allowed. Penance was established as her own person and the whole St. Croix thing dropped. She was also given a name more realistic to that Yugoslavian (Bosnian) background and a slightly different backstory.

I only recently took over that character. She is a challenge and had gone without a player for more than a year. But I am enjoying the challenge of playing an untouchable character that speaks only in sign language. One of the changes made in her backstory had Kurt rescuing her from Emplate and now he is her mentor in the way that movie Logan is Rogue's mentor. It's one of the reasons I chose to play her. I get to RP with Libby Edward's most superb Nightcrawler. :)
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image