Fantastic Four Movie

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by Crawler »

http://www.fantasticfourmovie.com/

The official site went up recently, complete with cheesey teaser trailer. Other than the strange text-narration, it looks cool. The Thing DEFINITELY looks cool.

I've grown to have rather high hopes for this one.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by HoodedMan »

Maybe I'm just a sucker for Flash(tm) intros and navigations, but I love that site. ;) The buttons loaded quite slowly for me, though, and I'm on a T1. Anyone else notice this? Quick links work well though.

Seems like it should be a very nice movie, though it seems to be a pretty standard plot. The trailer killed my browser so I'll look at it at home.

Sounds good!
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by Northstars Love »

The trailer looked pretty good to me. Of course I want to see it on a big screen tho. I'm hoping this movie will do the FF justice because all previous attempts at doing the FF have failed.

Go Johnny! :torch :naughty
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

This looks REALLY exciting...though, with the rumors of George Clooney playing Reed all those months back, I really REALLY got my hopes up..looks like he's out, but I'm still way into it..

And Jake from Not Another Teen Movie as Johnny! Can't say I dont love him!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Banned

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by Winged Outlaw »

Tycho appears less than enthusiastic...

Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by Crawler »

While amused by Penny Arcade, I'm still rather enthusiastic about this movie. I think the Thing looks great and Johnny's fire effects appear to be top-notch.

The only thing up in the air is the story. All we really know is that it will include an origin of some sort (looks like they're using the cosmic rays) and that Doom will be the villain. Pretty vague info so far.

that said..is it going to be hokey? Yup. It's the freakin' Fantastic Four. They're pretty much inherantly hokey. But I think that The Incredibles and Warren Ellis's Ultimate FF have shown that hokey can work.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
fuzzy yukon
Lubber
Lubber

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by fuzzy yukon »

I was actually a little bummed when I saw the trailer. I agree the fantastic four is supposed to be hokey , thats kinda the charm of the book! The trailer to me was WAY too sexy, I for one never considered the fantastic four sexy. Jessica Alba as Sue Richards? wow I hate that casting choice. she however looks great in Sin City, anyone seen that trailer? it literally makes me drool in anticipation of that movie.
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by B A M F ! »

Wasnt too thrilled about em casting JESSICA ALBA as Sue storm either. Kinda hoping i'm pleasantly surprised though after I see her performance!
Also a little nervous about them really capturing the essence of DR DOOM. Lotsa opportunities for hokiness if they dont get him 'right'. Saw the trailer for the first time at the beginning of the ELEKTRA flick last week. Favorite 'thing' about it? (Ha!) The ever-lovin'-blue-eyed-you-know-who shruggung off that speeding Semi! (Soooo glad they decided against doing a completely CGI THING a la the HULK. Besides the increased realism I imagine that saved em a ton of $)

B A M F !
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by Crawler »

I, too, really like that The Thing is mostly makeup and costuming. It's like...you go Michael Chiklis to play him...but if he were all-CGI...well, who played the Hulk? No one.

I'm not nearly as up-in-arms over Jessica Alba as Sue Storm. In my mind, Sue was always a tad slutty anyhow. Smart, but slutty. And I think the hair and wardrobe people (from what I've seen) have done a good job of pulling the "sexy scientist" look from Jessica Alba.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by kladyelf »

good point, actually i was pretty disinterested in the film until i saw the site... now i'm just trying to get my mind around the fact of a *blonde* Jessica Alba... :p

Ioan Gruffyd(?) as Mr Fantastic should be interesting... :D i think he's a little too pretty for the role, mind you i have no complaints with pretty men on the screen :love :LOL
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by Diablo »

I too have high hopes for this movie !

I want more of Victor Von Doom !! :doom
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by Tatu »

Well, the guy playing Human Torch is hot at least... :toothy
Call me King!
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I like the scene in the trailer when Johnny turns into the Torch in midair and flies away, that and Doom in front of the spotlight thing
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by Garble »

I'm afraid Rodger Corman's version has forever scarred my brain.

There's probably no way to do a FF movie that isn't unbelievably hokey, but time will tell if they manage to make it good hokey.

At least there's little doubt that this will be the best Fantastic Four movie to date. ;)
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by Garble
I'm afraid Rodger Corman's version has forever scarred my brain.
Ha! Ditto GARBLE! I have to admit that I did kinda like how the THING suit looked. I do remember though, laughing hysterically every time Mr. Fantastic 'stretched'.... :D !

There's probably no way to do a FF movie that isn't unbelievably hokey, but time will tell if they manage to make it good hokey.

At least there's little doubt that this will be the best Fantastic Four movie to date. ;)
Oh yeah!

B A M F !
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by nightcrawler30 »

wasn't there an old FF movie?

anyway in the new game informer they have stuff about the game that goes with it... it looks decent.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Fantastic Four Movie

Post by HoodedMan »

Apparently there was one in 1997 (?!) and [link url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109770/]one in 1994[/link] (that's the Roger Corman version). Just in case you think about getting it, don't. It was terrible. ;)

According to IMDB:
"Currently rivals the The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978) (TV) as the most popular bootlegged film among comic and sci-fi fans. Interestingly, like the Star Wars special, it is also roundly despised by those very fans as well as it own creators."

:LOL
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.