X-Men: Reloaded 2004

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Icey
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Icey »

I thought it best to open up this thread so we could leave the other threads to their subjects.

The Reload is the event in the X-books coinciding with Morrison leaving NEW X-MEN. Some books are getting new creative teams (ex. Claremont on UNCANNY X-MEN), other books are being cancelled (ex. X-TREME X-MEN), while others will start/restart (EXCALIBUR).

Recently announced, CC will launch a new X-MEN #1. If this is a new book, that means he's not on EXCALIBUR. CC has said before that he'll be writing 3 books in 04, if X-MEN is a new book, then we have all three; UNCANNY X-MEN, X-MEN, and X-MEN: THE END.

Which makes me wonder... could Austen be on EXCALIBUR?
~ THIS is a KNIFE, the focused totality of my telepathic abilies, and it'll cut alot deeper than your BANANA! ~ :bets Psylocke (Excalibur#56)
~ Now, I like tall, dark strangers as much as the next girl *SMASH* but when an unexpected gentleman caller gets a little too fresh with me, I'm not afraid to remind him of his poor, inexcusable manners, KIIYAHH!, with a swift kick to the more sensitive parts of his person! ~ :bets Psylocke (Crimson Dawn #2)
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Other Reload info:

There's not much, but it appears taht the new cast of New Mutants will be:

Wolfsbane
Magma
Sunspot
Cannonball
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Hey Icey! Can you provide a link so I can read up on this? Please?

Thanks!:bamf
mightiest_mortal
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by mightiest_mortal »

Now Claremont launching the new X-Men #1 feels a lot reminise of his last #1 launch.
its been pretty much given that hel be writing Uncanny, Excalibur and X-Men:the End as his 3 titles, so im thinking, when hes finished Xtreme, hes probably just going to write the opening story (though itl probably be the first 6 issues now rather than 3 to make it trade friendly) That will take the comic on half a year or so, until the new writer, aparently Whedon takes over, probably on X-Men #7..this fits in with the rumours that hel be taking over an X-Title but not straight away aswell.
After Whedon takes over on X-Men, Claremont will start up Excalibur.. following on from events in the opening X-Men arc and the end of Xtreme.
this leaves New X-Men for Austen with any luck :D

this is all theory based on combining all the gossip i hear:) what ne 1 think?
msgt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

rumors

Post by msgt »

I think its possible that the new writer might get a new book and that Chuck Austen will get New X-men.

Personally I'd rather not see Austen get New X-men. But thats because that is my favorite book.

I think it would be cool if Austen got Excalibur.

That way New writer for New, Claremont for Uncanny and X-men The End.

Claremont on three of the X-books just sounds bad to me. Seems like a big step backwards. Maybe he will have Uncanny, The end, and excalibur.

Mike
Icey
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Icey »

Originally posted by Nightcrawler ZERO
Other Reload info:

There's not much, but it appears taht the new cast of New Mutants will be:

Wolfsbane
Magma
Sunspot
Cannonball
No it wont. Sunspot, Magma, and Cannoball are guest appearing for one issue, but thats it.
Originally posted by **Northstars Love**
Hey Icey! Can you provide a link so I can read up on this? Please?

Thanks!:bamf
http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/sho ... adid=25384

Be aware that there is the possiblity that its just a Wizard April Fool's joke.
~ THIS is a KNIFE, the focused totality of my telepathic abilies, and it'll cut alot deeper than your BANANA! ~ :bets Psylocke (Excalibur#56)
~ Now, I like tall, dark strangers as much as the next girl *SMASH* but when an unexpected gentleman caller gets a little too fresh with me, I'm not afraid to remind him of his poor, inexcusable manners, KIIYAHH!, with a swift kick to the more sensitive parts of his person! ~ :bets Psylocke (Crimson Dawn #2)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

if it was reported in April, (can't see the thread after like 5 minutes of trying due to high traffic, so not entirely sure what you're talking about) then it is most definately not to be trusted, even if it wasn't an April Fools joke. they didn't even know there would be a writer shakeup until July when Morrison quit, afterall. and the plans are STILL not finalized. i just heard that plans have totally been changed yet again. I presume mostly because of this new Excalibur, and another new series. which i assume is why there is no announcement coming until they are totally sure it is ironed out.

Marvel isn't very well organized, to say the very least. :p
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

Can you imagine the chaos at Marvel??? LOL! Sorry but this is starting to be rather comedic in my mind.... OH! to be a little spider in the corner....actually, it is likely very dry and tedious, byt he idea of everyone dashing madly in circles and ripping at their hair, whiskers, whatever is quite amusing.

I jus hope they settle the heck down soon, so CC can write it and I can read it, what ever "IT" is. lol!
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

i was FINALLY able to view the link. ok, this COMING April....

still, by all i have heard, the article is wrong, and i would not put a lot of stock into it. though as mentioned there are big changes, and Chuck was out when i tried to call today, so i can't get a straight answer about just what is going on just yet. >.<

ps. i want to smack megaea for their pathetic, and incredibly rude, whining about Claremont. i find it dumbfounding that she hates him so much, and yet aparently reads X-Treme! if this quote is anything to go by, anyway: "ive barely been able to stomach claremont's preachy, THINLY-veiled, dumbed-down social comentary once a month" :o it's not like she can even claim the tired old excuse of 'not breaking the run' since Claremont has been the only one to write that comic EVER, and it hasn't been going on very long. geez, just drop it and go away, already. no one is forcing you to read it. and i am not even a big CC fan....

sorry, i don't post on X-Fan anymore precicely because of people like that, had to vent. :p

*edit:

oh hey, NXM 155/6 have been solicted, finally!

NEW X-MEN #155 & 156
Written by CHUCK AUSTEN
Covers & pencils by SALVADOR LARROCA

"BRIGHT NEW MOURNING" pts. 1 & 2 (of 2)—In the aftermath of Magneto's rampage upon NYC and the Xavier Institute, Cyclops & Emma find themselves at a crossroads. Should the school be rebuilt? Should they continue on as X-Men? And how will it affect their blossoming relationship?

32 PGS. (each)/MARVEL PSR…$2.25 (each)
Issue #155 UPC: 5960601772-15511; #156: 5960601772-15611
TWO ISSUES!
NEW STORY ARC SETS UP A NEW X-MEN ERA!

I wonder why they did not post the solicits for the sister arc in Uncanny, they're loosely tied together. oh well. i am sure when the solits are posted 'oficially' tomorrow afternoon, it will be there.
zati1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by zati1 »

what the...?? where are solicits up at? i haven't seen them out anywhere yet, i heard they were coming out tomorrow at noon!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

they're SUPPOSED to. someone at X-Fan leaked that particular solicit a day early, tho. they arent making it up, i can verify that. there is a sister arc in Uncanny, also 2 issues, which deals with the aftermath of Magneto destroying NY as well, but different aspects. but they never posted the solicit for that.

*edit NM. checked the latest responses and found this:

UNCANNY X-MEN #442 & 443
Written by CHUCK AUSTEN
Covers & pencils by SALVADOR LARROCA

"OF DARKEST NIGHTS" pts. 1 & 2 (of 2)—With the threat of Magneto finally at an end, Professor X sets off to Genosha to memorialize his greatest foe and oldest friend...something that doesn't sit well at all with Wolverine!

32 PGS. (each)/MARVEL PSR…$2.25 (each)
Issue #442 UPC: 5960602461-44211; #443: 5960602461-44311
TWO ISSUES GUEST-STARRING THE AVENGERS!
NEW STORY ARC SETS UP A NEW X-MEN ERA!
zati1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by zati1 »

avengers and x-men! woohoo! (been hearing about that since, when? back when chuck started UXM?)

long time in the works =)

glad to hear it, though!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

yeah, that was first proposed way back. Chuck and Geoff Johns are friends, and they had cooked up a crossover. Archangel would have traded places with Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. but plans fell through, and Chuck got Northstar instead... so now he writes both so i guess it shouldn't be much of a surprise. and it makes sense for the Avengers to be involved in an event like the one depicted here. hey, better late than never. i guess they were busy in Britain when NY was being wasted. :p
mightiest_mortal
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by mightiest_mortal »

Does this mean Scarlet witch+Quicksilver might stick around this time then??
*holds fingers crossed*
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by Bamfette
they're SUPPOSED to. someone at X-Fan leaked that particular solicit a day early, tho. they arent making it up, i can verify that. there is a sister arc in Uncanny, also 2 issues, which deals with the aftermath of Magneto destroying NY as well, but different aspects. but they never posted the solicit for that.

Finally. Although, Chuck has used continuity before in UC, referring to the school uprising to the lawyer in The Trial of Juggernaut. Thanks Chuck!:D
Originally posted by Icey
Be aware that there is the possibility that its just a Wizards April Fool's joke.
If it not be true, that is a very cruel joke indeed.
Icey
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Icey »

The solits are out. Excelent covers, especially by Salva. God, am I going to be mad if I don't get Iceman drawn by Salva once....

Anyhow. Bamfette, you said there's going to be *another* new series, not being Excalibur? Obviously it wasn't solicitized (at least I don't think so) so I was just wondering if you could say anything about it or when we may learn of it. X-Force, maybe?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

no, can't say... all this is very secret like. if something is leaked, like those solicits (tho that was only like a day early so no big deal) i may confirm it, but... then again, maybe not. :p
zati1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by zati1 »

anybody hear anything about, "district x" by david hine? first i've seen it.

speaking of the solicits...anybody else notice the return of the "old costumes" in the UXM and NXM covers? cyke's looks okay, a nice blend of the "new leather" and "old spandex"...but wolverine's yellow spandex? yikes.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

You guys have to realize that all information must be taken with a grain of salt until it is officially confirmed by Marvel...and if that announcement sits for more than about a month, then you have to add more salt because they change things at the last possible second ALL THE TIME.

With Marvel, nothing is ever set in stone until it's actually in the reader's hands.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Icey
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Icey »

Originally posted by zati1
anybody hear anything about, "district x" by david hine? first i've seen it.
I've been hearing about that recently, along with rumors of Starjammers returning as well.
zati1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by zati1 »

i just read over at comixfan something someone quoted from the newest wizard, quoted from chris claremont (that's a mouthful...).

he said that excalibur would be "based on xavier" and would also feature archangel, with art by igor kordey.

is anybody else not a big fan of kordey? i just can't seem to get into his art, it seems so bland sometimes. something about it just seems...off. i don't know quite how to explain it. i'd like to pick up the new book for the characters, but i'm not so sure i can stand the art anymore...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

just read responses on the solicits at CX-Fan. oh, WAY too funny.... :evil
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

It's like no one can think beyond the box...no one can add...WAY too funny :D
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

oh, i know. just assume the easiest possible answer.... heh. I don't expect people to guess totally right, that would just be too much of a long shot, but a lot of em are stating their assumptions as fact. so secure that it will just be that simple and straight forward. even tho marvel's making it into a big production. If it were really THAT simple, you think Marvel would fan the flames like this?

also funny because there will be a lot of VERY angry fans out there. I am so sick of them and spiteful or not, it is nice that they are not winning with their pathetic whining.

'after this chuck will never write an X-book again....' HAH!! :evil

on a sidenote, i see he Tsunami books are no longer being marketed as 'Marvel Manga' format, but rather 'digest'. I am glad they did that, because just the size of the book most cetainly does NOT make it manga. I also noted they are hardcover while maintaining the $7.00 pricetag. that's nice to see.
Archangel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Archangel »

Archangel is leaving? o my... Chuck was my fav person to wright Archangel... he gave him his sword and acually made him important without the metal wings... without chuck archangel is well Angel! *gasp*
"There are things that go bump in the night. We are the ones who bump back." ~Professor Broom~

"When you see red: Stop. When you see blue: Bamf. And when you see the ground.. Well, I told you to stop."
~Ryo and Hushy~