Uncanny 411

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny 411

Post by Bamfette »

http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=1358

Nighty is cute here. :) and Juggy.. er.. well jsut go see!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny 411

Post by Bamfette »

there is a line which intrigues me... Xavier is listing the members that are down for the count, he describes Wolverine and Warrens condition jsut as we'd expect, but Monet is described as missing

now. this plays into a theory that has been floating around. what if he can't find her there because Monet was never there in the first place? what if it was never Monet at all? what if it is Husk?
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny 411

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Yes why in Heaven's name would she do that?:?
and you're right Jill. Nighty is very cute there!:content: I dunno about Juggy however..:rolleyes::laugh:
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny 411

Post by Bamfette »

well, some people jsut think so, because she never simply flew away from the plane crash. . and Xavier could find an unconsious Wolverine jsut fine, so if M were there, even if she was unconsious (which an invulnerable M would not be) xavier would atleast be able to locate her.... so maybe omeone is taking her place. it's either Husk or Mystique. i'm goin for Husk cause Wolverine would ahve sniffed out Mystique easy
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny 411

Okay so nothing new but I'm confused!:P Are you saying that M is actually Husk, or that Monet just decided to leave and Paige is taking her place? I'm sorry. You've no doubt noticed already that I can be extremely dense!:shame:
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny 411

Post by Bamfette »

i am saying that M was actually Husk the entire time. hence the reason when she got blasted otu of the plane, she didn't simply unstrap herself and fly to safety. Husk has had trouble husking into other people in the past, but she has changed into birds and stuff so maybe she can now
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny 411

Okay I was pretty sure that's what you meant but I wasn't positive.:P Yah I was actually thinking about that with the plane I mean. I still don't understand why she would disguise herself as M however.:P
Okay I know I'm exasperating!:rolleyes:
You don't have to explain it if you don't want to.

silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny 411

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

oh yeah... *wiping away drool* seriously hot Kurt!!! This whole M thing has got me way confused... but I get confused on a regular basis so don't worry... I'll figure it out sooner or later...
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Uncanny 411

Post by Panz »

....Still drooling....
I was kind of wondering something along the same lines...Austen had said that Husk would be joining under circumstances that woere un-cool with the other X-Men, controversial....if that were true, it would be why Chuck has not answered any of our lame questions about M. Cudos to Bamfette...fantastic theory
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Uncanny 411

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Sounds good. Husk into a bird though... hmmm... ususally in comics don't they kinda give a tip of that, and when you read it later your like stupid stupid stupid, how could i miss that. Like if she husked into a bird, wouldn't it show a bird around her somewhere? I dunno, just a guess. Is there any chance she could've husked into someone else and no one said anything? I missed this one, so if i look dumb, I am.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny 411

You're not dumb. I love when they give little clues like what you're talking about! It's really fun to get them and you're like okay I know what's going on now!:smirk:
Only yeah ya feel pretty dumb when you don't figure it out 'till the last minute!:P

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Uncanny 411

Post by Slarti »

Well, that was cool. Cute Nighty! I ALREADY love Austen, based on last issue and this preview!

Bamfette, I'd say you might be right. You were always great a figuring out Casey's plans, and I'll bet on that track record with M and/or Husk.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Uncanny 411

Post by kurtlover »

thanks :love::love: *sigh* i'll have to waith a month for that issue. i read on the wizard x-men special (yes i just got that magazine, damn yucatecan comic stores) that Austen's fave x-men is Nighty!!!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Uncanny 411

Post by Nandireya »

Um...the only way to take out Jugs is with 'brain powers' right? And this team ain't got any body that can do that! They's in heap big trouble!

:bamf:'s got mental powers but not that sort of mental powers...

:icey:'s already been proved ineffective...

:logan:'s never been able to do anything before...

:warren:...if he weren't all dead and all...could...well...fly away...

Maybe :stacy: can do something to him...she's an unkown quantity here...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny 411

Post by Bamfette »

i don't think they'll have to 'take out' Juggs at all... look, he went straight for Wolverine and helped him! Wolverine was down for the count, Juggy coulda just ignored him and trashed the others. Juggys helping. the X-Men (Icey) are the agressors.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Uncanny 411

Post by Elwing »

The 21st! Hooray! *dances all over the place* we won't have to wait long this time!:D:warren::stacy::juggy::icey::beast::prof:+M +the little fish guy.!!!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Uncanny 411

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

did u make a HUSk smilie yet Bamfette? Oh oh! Make a BAnshee, banshee is really cool!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny 411

You are quite obviously smitten with both of those characters as I can see from your sig!;):laugh:

Sammy (the fish kid) is cool btw.:)
He's got a lot to learn though!;)

Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny 411

Post by Hsu »

Oooh I actually got to buy a comic when it was newly released...or something!

Has anyone read it? Umm... am I allowed to use spoilers? Well SPOILERS and stuff!

Black Tom is crazy! Look at all those hanging dead people! And that dead rat! Lucky for us he didn't snag good ole Nighty (or Iceman) cuz they're l33t!

Plus a couple of good lines.
"You made a distress call? A real one?"
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Uncanny 411

Post by Slarti »

Yup, I got it. I liked it, and it shoots Bamfette's Monet theory.

I like that not all these advanced mutations are good or at least indifferent. Black Tom got so screwed by the mutation bug...

And the big news of this issue....

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

!

HAVOK! He's back, but he's not quite himself....:eek:
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny 411

Post by Hsu »

Oh, crap! I knew I forgot to say something! Thanks Slarti! Yes alive and, well not kicking, or talking for that matter. A scar!! AAAAH! Scars are evil!
silvermouse
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Uncanny 411

Post by silvermouse »

I like it, but I'm still worried about Warren. And his "I won't let you." Line to Stacy (410). If Marvel hooks them up, I will be p.o'd for reasons I won't get into. But oh, ah, don't Kurt kick in there? I adore the art!
"We don't need another hero, we don't need to know the way home. All we want is life beyond the thunderdome." "Words fail, buildings tumble, the ground opens wide. Light beams down from heaven, she stands before my eyes. She's actual size but she seems much bigger to me."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Uncanny 411

Post by Slarti »

What reasons? Why won't you go into them? I don't see Warren and Stacy as a bad combo. Heck, maybe THEY'RE the ones Austen is planning on hitching!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Uncanny 411

Post by Panz »

I know that every one wants Psylocke back and that they want her and Warren to hook back up, but EVEN is she were to miraculously pop up from the dead, she would be a fool to go back to him, they are not good for each other as a couple IMHO and besides, Chuck has been very out spoken with his plans for Warren to come to grips with her death and move on.

It was hard to tell with Casey's writing, if Warren even liked Stace or not, but it seems that there is some small connection building between them in 410 and, while yes, it is perhaps an odd match, there is at least precedence for it, Stacy was all in a panic over poor fallen Warren in last issue. It makes more sense then she and Kurt, which some people have speculated on, but Stacy and Kurt seldom even speak to each other and i don't think that she is at all his type, kurt would want a strong minded equal partner, not someone that he would have to raise. If Chuck were to stick them together, it wouldn't make any sense, and so far he seems all about making sense. I would like to see kurt have some fun tho' and am not at all against him hooking up with the right person, i just want it to make some kind of sense. Besides, theres something kind of biblical about Warren and Stacy...the angel-man and the serpent-woman?
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
O

R
A
M
A

Chuck said that a woman that we meet in 411, will be the focus of the story in 413. She comes to live at the mansion, doesn't like mutants and is uncomfortable around them, but that she needs them and they need her...i can only guess that this is the nurse Annie...she is obviously the person pushing the wheel chair on the cover, isn't she? maybe her kid is a mutant? maybe she is in love with Alex? Is Lorna still out there someplace? IMHO, it would be nice to seea few new relationships, rather then re-hashes from the past. Uncanny really needs new life breathed into it and some new twists as well. I dont dislike Lorna, really, I just think that someone new would be a lot of fun. And isn't that what Xaviers dream is all about? Human-kind and mutant-kind intermixing and excepting each other? I dunno, just speculations really. Any thoughts from you guys on this?

:bamf:
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny 411

Post by Hsu »

I would actually really enjoy that. I think it would bring a very interesting twist into the story and keep things fresh and new. As for the Stacy Warren thing, I'm not to sure. And BTW, Warren stopped breathing and was "dead" right? Then he got his life juices sucked out of him, but near the end of the comic he still goes "aaaaack!" Uh... what?