uncanny #410

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

uncanny #410

Post by kurtlover »

don't know if you guys see this yet, but there is UXM #410 first look.http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... firsts.htm
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

uncanny #410

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

yup! I have it right here next to me! No more pointy hair kurt!!
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

uncanny #410

Post by kurtlover »

thank god ;)
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

uncanny #410

yup... it's interesting...
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

uncanny #410

Post by ahmed »

dang! I kinda liked that pointy hair!
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

uncanny #410

Post by Bamfette »

well, Sea Phillips will be back wiht 413, along with the pointy hair ;)

so... it got the issue and it ROCKS!!! :D i love Chuck... look at my sig for a sample the kicks ass funny roll-call. hehehehe... :p

and *giggles with glee* Kurt is BACK!!! yay!! :D he was crakcing jokes, (if bad ones, and with 'poor comedic timing'.. see sig.) and no brooding AT ALL. and he was sexy, too ;) and no collar.

Sammy kicks ass, well. not really, he's pretty lame as far as powes go. but as a character he is cool, extremely genuine. real. the way he reacted to Professor X and Beast was just priceless. especially when he informed Beast that Xavier had 'brain powers' and Beast said 'does he now? in all our years togehter, i never realized...'

and Stacy, i mean, she's annoying, but cool. i love her.

and major spoiler

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
i mean it, this is huge, if you don't want to be spoiled do not read further
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
when Warren and Wolverine were shown dead, and the way Stacy reacted to it was so realistic. she panicked, and that is so realistic for a newbie to the team. it looks like it is up to Stacy, Kurt and Iceman to save the day against Juggernaut! :o tho i am sure they will get Wolverine and warren pathed up, with the size of the uh.. spear, skewer, whatever jutting outa Logans chest, even his helaing factor will have a tough time patching THAT up, that was nasty. and Warren isn't even breatheing but even if Kurt and stacy get his heart beating again, he's out for the remainder of the fight, i should think. this outa be good :D
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

uncanny #410

Ain't it great! I wanted to cry... no collar, he's being funny, my sig's from there too... I just couldn't resist...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

uncanny #410

Post by Bamfette »

i'm wondering about something fromt he roll-call tho.. 'enhanced strength'? now this is something we fans have been acknowledging for years, but never have i seen it in print in an official book before.
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

uncanny #410

yeah! what is that? Is that a quick way to talk about the extra flexible spine and extra muscle mass?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

uncanny #410

Post by Bamfette »

i'm not sur, usually they say enhanced agility, but as WE all know but Marvel has never semed to agree with us on, with the agility comes strength.... hmmm... maybe we should ask Chuck :p
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

uncanny #410

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Well I tend to think that an increase of muscle would make one stronger as well...
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

uncanny #410

Post by kladyelf »

wow, it sounds interesting.... (i have not yet got my hot little hands on the comic so i'm just going on what you guys say and the tantalising flashes :shocked: online....)
however all these reviews, etc. do not answer the following *very important* question.

Is. Kurt. Still. A. *Preist?!?*

I mean i see a different costume and everything, sounding more relaxed and happy, (which is *good* but...) so now i'm going to have to sit on my hands for a while eh?

Incidentally... i was flipping through some Astro City stuff (plug plug plug again...) and couldn't help noticing the strong resemblance between Nightcrawler and The Confessor - who was originally based more on Batman than anything, then my brain (brain! bad brain! Bad, bad bad brain! no biscuit!) started to tick over and merge the three.... (with it still being Kurt o'course.....) is anyone else thinking what i'm thinking??

:kitty::bamf::warren::bets::flash:
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

uncanny #410

Post by Bamfette »

well, the priest thing was not even mentioned, nor was his faith in god. he didn't even say his trademark 'mein gott!' once during the entire issue. but i think he still is. i mean lets face it, Chuck hates him as a boring brooder as much as we do, but he simply can't just fix it all in his first issue. Kurt did get more 'screen time' than anyone else besides Stacy tho.

chuck on Kurt - Yeah, it'll take a while to get Kurt back to his "true" self, but it'll be worth the ride, I promise.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

uncanny #410

Post by BlueJubatus »

YAY! ummm, read the ish last night and all i can say is YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!:):P:)
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

uncanny #410

Post by Elwing »

What happened to stacy's "Wake 'em Up With Pheromones" technique, by the way? She didn't even try it.
I like the concept of airbags in the blackbird. It makes sense. Seatbelts aslo, though they seem to be coming and going troughout this issue.
Stacy is getting better all the time, and I love the idea of having her catfight with Monet...heh!:D
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

uncanny #410

Post by Elwing »

I think the new costumes are just very, very nondescript, by the way...But aparently these are just sort of in-between and temporary?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

uncanny #410

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Elwing
What happened to stacy's "Wake 'em Up With Pheromones" technique, by the way? She didn't even try it.
if his heart is not beating, injecting his blood with pheremones wont do a hell of a lot of good...
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

uncanny #410

Post by Elwing »

isn't adrenalin used on heart attack victims?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

uncanny #410

Post by Bamfette »

i think that is only *during* the heart attack, not afterwards.
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

uncanny #410

Post by ahmed »

Just got my hands on it and finished reading it...won't waste time on explaining why it took so long...and I've just been reminded whyNightcrawler is my favorite X-Man (Second Favorite "superhero")....

yes!!!! Pointy hair!!!! There should be a pointy-haired smiley(OK, maybe not...):D:D:D:D:D:D
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

uncanny #410

Post by Crawler »

adrenalin is administered for all sorts of things...but generally it's injected directly into the heart...where it woul affect the heart itself...*trying not to read until he can go get the ish*
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

uncanny #410

Post by BAMFCentral »

Very cool issue. I liked the plot dangler at the end of the issue w/ the surprise guest. Although we all know where it is going, how it gets there should prove interesting.

"Aye Carumba.... I bet you thought I was going to same something cute in german" :laugh: ah thats great!

Also Chucks description of Kurt in the opening sequence. Comedic timing diminsihed by lack of use.

All in all a great read.
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

uncanny #410

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Well I finally got it and I could kiss Mister Austen! Nighty's coming back from the brink!:D He's funny or trying to be anyway..:oops: It was refreshing not seeing the collar, even it was just supposed to be not noticeable or whatever. The fact that it was not shown is imo quite promising! Could endearing yet shameless flirting be far behind?:ooh::love:;) Oh yah also no spiky head!:D:laugh:

As far as the overall ish well I naturally
thought it was excellent! Great lines and very exciting cliffhanger at the end there (only I have to wait a whole month to see what happens! Ahh! :bawl: )!:ooh:
I love the art as well!:)
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Sugah
Lubber
Lubber

uncanny #410

Post by Sugah »

I was torn.

I liked the issue, but not all of it. This is what I liked:

-Sammy: Everything about him was just so realistic and great! His reaction to Xavier and Beast was great. Especially the "brain powers" he was so mezmerised with, and the reaction Charles gave.

-The character-information thingie: It was just funny;)

-M and Stacy: Their interaction was grand. I absolutely love M, partially because her personality reflects mine so much (I'm sweet really though :P).

-Nightcrawler: He was just.. more like I like him. Not as brooding (not sure if that's just him faking it though :P)

Stacy: Her reaction was *so* realistic, loved it. She didn't know what the hell she was supposed to do.

I wasn't too fond of things like:

-the crash taking up about 3 pages.

-Invulnerable M being knocked out while Stacy is fine.

-Kurt's "Aye, Carumba. Bet you thought I was going to say something cute in German, didn't you?" was quite fun, but it didn't fit. It just irked me.

-The art: I liked it, but mostly during the scenes with Sammy. It was just *too* clear, especially with the character designs, It lacked detail. It was a bit bright too, but I regularly read X-Treme, so I can handle it;)

Overall, I'd give this issue a 7/5/10.
"I mean, look at Cable. Look at that bloody *gun*. It's bigger'n *he* is. What does that say to people?" -- Pete Wisdom,

"Kitty, are you nearly done? I think you're just playing with them now."
"Give me a minute. This one's still got his eyes open." -- Pete and Kitty

"If there is anyone present who can think of a reason why we should not have our heads examined for trusting Spiral, may you speak now or forever hold your peace. Then by the power vested in me as Excalibur's team leader, I pronounce this mission a 'Go'!"
"*sniff* I always cry at weddings." -- Kurt and Kitty, Excalibur #109
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

uncanny #410

Post by BlueJubatus »

I loved the whole issue...and i cant wait for more:P