storm

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

storm

Post by kurtlover »

i read the x-men Annual #5 again and i noticed this in the last page:
"Her thoughts dirft back across the years, to a dry dusty african plain, to a girl and a boy - ororo wind rider and prince t'challa of wakanda- and the love they shared..."

Storm had a romance with Black Panter? :? i was intriged .... anyone knows about the subject???
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

storm

Post by Bamfette »

it is actually covered in Priest's Black Panther in some detail, i understand. havent read it myself, tho. but i wouldn't be able to say jsut what. Stormwatch82 is a fan of the series, i will try and get him in here to explain :p
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

storm

Post by kurtlover »

can you or somebody else give me a hint? i'm really interested in the subject, and i also wanna know details about the upcoming "storm" hardcover, i read something at the continuum.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

storm

Post by Bamfette »

all i know is from 2 pages i saw scanned once. one is the page she left for the X-Men in a flashback sequence. they seemed quite close, but it was strange it was like they were friends that were *almost* lovers, but had not taken the final step in that direction. they were saying goodbye. he asked her if he should kiss her, and she responded 'if that is your way' and they talked a bit about her responsibility to her kind (mutants) and he to his people... and they left on good terms. then there was another page quite some time later, she was in her purple costume, so that should give some timeframe, where she was confronting him about his methods and she compared him to Magneto, and said she did not want him to go down the same road Magneto had. and then at the end as she was ready to leave once more they repeated the whole 'should i give you a kiss?' 'if that is your way' scene
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

storm

Post by kurtlover »

cool, i always think in Storm as a lonely person, the only romance i read about her, was the one with forge.
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

storm

Post by Dark Bamf »

As far back as my first tour on Uncanny, Chris Claremont was theorizing about some sort of romantic encounter between Ororo :storm: and T'Challa. Nothing was said in print while I was on the book, as far as I know, but I know Chris intended to establish it at some point.

:bamf:
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

storm

Post by little Blue Lucy »

That would be (or would've been) cool!
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Ro?

Post by wolviechickie »

Didnt she like Cable at one stage?:storm:
Dev Em
Lubber
Lubber

storm

Post by Dev Em »

I'll go through my Black Panther issues, and let you know which ones she's in. She plays a pretty important role in the issues, as far as helping BP out.
Dev
Dev Em
Lubber
Lubber

storm

Post by Dev Em »

Ahe's in #26 and 27 oof BP's series.
Dev
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

storm

Post by Stormwatch »

Yeah, Storm and T'Challa are at least interested in eachother. Heck, Storm vouched for T'Challa to Wolverine (for Enemy of the State II)

I'll get back to you on this, as Storm is in Black Panther #48 which is lying on my bed, waiting for me to read it.

And Storm appeared in the an arc going 26-29, in, if I can recall, Urm Sturm Drung, sorry its sturm und drang.

(and it, along with the Deadpool crossover, are the hardest arcs to find)

From Cristopher Priest's site

BLACK PANTHER #26-29
sturm und drang: a story of love & war

STORM from THE X-MEN comes to Wakanda to console the Black Panther in his time of need, only to be caught in a tug of war between the Wakandan monarch and the Deviant Lemurians over the fate of a single child. When Panther refuses to hand over a Deviant mother and child discovered on Wakandan soil, Lord Ghaur declares a state of WAR now exists between deviant Lemuria and Wakanda. Also, the man named VIBRAXAS is losing control of his power, and the only one who can save him is the king he's renounced!

Tensions erupt as the Black Panther responds to Lord Ghaur's threat of war by stationing battle cruisers around the central city of Deviant Lemuria. This irritates the SUB-MARINER, who will go to any lengths to prevent full-scale war beneath the waves, and DR. DOOM, who has a non-aggression pact with Atlantis, must now also become involved! Global tensions ratchet up as the United Nations, the U.S. President, and the AVENGERS work feverishly to find a solution to the crisis! Meanwhile, STORM from THE X-MEN wrestles with the conscience of the king, eliciting a stunning admission from Panther that devastates Monica Lynne.

The cold war goes HOT as The White Wolf teams with KLAW, the Black Panther's greatest enemy, to take advantage of the tense stand-off between Wakanda and the Lemuria-Atlantis alliance. It's the shot heard 'round the world that crashes Everett K. Ross' diplomatic efforts and brings an Atlantean army to Wakanda!

With Wakanda on the brink of destruction, and the world on the brink of global conflict, the Black Panther struggles to the DEATH with KLAW, while the fate of the world, and possibly the UNIVERSE, rests on the narrow shoulders of-- Everett K. Ross?!? Ross brokers a deal with Ghaur to allow Namor to take custody of the disputed child in exchange for a lowering of tensions between Wakanda and Lemuria.

Panther battles Klaw seemingly into oblivion, viciously dicing Klaw up outside of the U.N., only to be attacked by an angry anti-Wakandan mob. Ross arrives just in time to see Panther arrested by a nervous street cop, and the angry passers-by erupt into a full-scale lynch mob. Art by Sal Velluto and Bob Almond. Edited by Tom Brevoort

http://digital-priest.com/panther.htm

and I'll fill you in on the 48 thing, where T'challa is dying, and I think Beast and Wolvie also show up in it.
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Rest of Post: aNSWER ME!

Post by wolviechickie »

will NE1 please answer me?
didnt stormy have sumthin for Cable?:eek:
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

storm

Post by Stormwatch »

yeah, there was a hint of it, but they never went beyond friends. I remember reading about it in Cable #42, when Marrow returned.

IT was later went into a wee bit more in the Storm Mini, but it wasn't touched upon after.

However, they still remained good friends. Well, to put it more bluntly, of the three people by Cable's bedside, I can't remember when or why, but there was Domino, Cannonball, and Storm. So, she was very close with him, but it never went passed them being friends.

But I DO have big teeth.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

storm

Post by kurtlover »

Hey thanks for the info! stormwatch ;)
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

storm

Post by Stormwatch »

No Problem. I would have been here sooner, except, I thought this was just a general Storm thread, so, it took awhile, and a mix of curiousity and boredom to stroll in here.

yeah, and 49 came out wednesday, and is supposed to have Magneto, in some form. I'm getting it whenever I get to my comic shop again. So, there is more on the way.

But I DO have big teeth.
Rictor
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

storm

Post by Rictor »

Originally posted by wolviechickie
will NE1 please answer me?
didnt stormy have sumthin for Cable?:eek:
Yeah there was a hint of something here in between these two. I really would have hoped they got together. There definately was something between them in the Storm LS and than again later on in Cable #88 i believe Cable asked her out on a date to which she said yes as well. If we will ever see this date happen who knows. I HOPE we do.

Rictor
I like Gwen Stefani...Can u tell?
C.o.C.k # 17
! Please Check Out My Gallery !