Exiles General Discussion

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Remy_LeBeau
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Remy_LeBeau »

did anyone else read the recent issue? i feel like morph does right now:(
kiki
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kiki »

I did!!

God that was a sad issue. I mean, I went in knowing it was gonna be sad, but still. *sniffle*
[spoiler]I loved the end. Morph's bit was gorgeous and sad and such a jump from his usual character that it felt almost shocking, making it even more upsetting. And of course Blink's return was a complete surprise, leaving me wondering why exactly she's back and where she's been since we last saw her too. [/spoiler]

So all in all, I loved it, adn can't wait for the next issue. When does it come out again?
Slackers unite..... tomorrow!!

I'm like a super hero.... without powers or motivation.

She does art too: http://geocities.com/kikisart
darksensations
Lubber
Lubber

Post by darksensations »

You might have to wait a while, kiki...the next issue kicks off with a three-issue Weapon X arc, after that there's 2-ish Nocturne Origins arc, and then our regular Exiles come back. I'd say it would be at the end ot February.
Zix
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Zix »

What number is the Weapon X arc? My shops are a bit (ha!) unrealiable and we're behind so I want to make sure I haven't missed anything.
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 31 :engarde

:bunnyWe are the Bunny Warriors. Fear Us. :bunnyBunny impersonator #12 :bunny
kiki
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kiki »

Oh man, February? I hate waiting.

But what's this about a weapon x arc? What's that all about? I know about the Nocturne one, but I haven't heard about this.
Slackers unite..... tomorrow!!

I'm like a super hero.... without powers or motivation.

She does art too: http://geocities.com/kikisart
darksensations
Lubber
Lubber

Post by darksensations »

The three-issue Weapon X arc takes place right after the conclusion of the FF one. It's going to feature Hyperion, who, according to spoilers, causes a lot of trouble for the WX team. It's right before the Nocturne Origins arc (which is why we have to wait so long. Damn.)
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Exiles#39 : woaw !
Did anybody see what Hyperion did in a single issue ??
[spoiler]He destroyed the sentinels, killed Wolverine and Mystique, and then murdered Magneto ![/spoiler] And it only took him 22 pages.:surprise
Talk about an evil Superman...
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

What'd you all think of the King Hyperion storyarc?

I thought it was very good, personally. I had two little nitpicks, but they're comic geek nitpicks and they certainly didn't take anything away from what was a imaginative and well-told story.

I'd recommend this arc to anyone who is disappointed with what Chuck is doing over in Uncanny. This may change your mind about his writing. :D
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I havent read the last king hyperion issue, but as someone who isnt too thrilled with chuck's uncanny, what ive read so far has TOTALLY redeemed him for me......its a great arc, i cant wait for the last issue!! And then NOCTURNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wan-kurt
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

King Hyperion was truly impressive.

I'm also glad we finally discovered Nocturne's homeworld. Calafiore imagined it before Exiles was launched. I guess he's really happy to write and draw the storyarc now.
I enjoyed the old Kurt/crippled Logan relationship very much. I hope we'll see more of the Scarlet Witch...but I doubt it : there is only one issue left.
www.atlantys.biz

Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Crawler »

Old cratchety pirate Kurt is AWESOME! Just one little thing I noticed: Old Kurt doesn't have the yellow eyes...
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
LoneWolf21
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LoneWolf21 »

Yah, old Kurt was very cool, although it's kind of weird seeing him bald....
darksensations
Lubber
Lubber

Post by darksensations »

'Twas, good, 'twas good. Calafiore did a surprisingly good job (artistically and authorially) on this book. Can't wait for #42...

Oh, yeah, anyone know where Nocturne's tail went since the first spread? I can't seem to find it anywhere. :)
zati1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by zati1 »

no, but i noticed that too.

i thought maybe it got chopped off in the battle at the beginning, but there was nothing to indicate that.

maybe i'd just write it off as a major "oopsie!" since they pretty much forget about her tail every other time she is in the book...
Remy_LeBeau
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Remy_LeBeau »

i think the disappearance of the tail was to poke fun at what happened in the series. Calafiore orginally designed her with a tail at the start of this series when he created her, but every single artist besides himself drew her without a tail, much to his dismay.

so, the tail vanishing after the first fight was just Jim's way of having some fun.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Maybe its just part of the costume?? Remember the first Exile issue, where she had a little tail in the flashback as a part of her costume?? ;)

*waits patiently for the issue to arrive in the mail*
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Banned

Post by Winged Outlaw »

Incredible issue. I loved every minute. Which is great because the arc right before this one was similarly awesome. Strangely, though, none of these issues have dealt with the title team at all... and even weirder was that Winnick's final story with them was quite unsatisfying...
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by scheherazade »

Woo hoo! I just picked up the latest issue of Exiles (you know, 'cause of the AU Kurtness) And I have a feeling I'll be collecting this even after the Nocturne arc ends. I love it! It's like the Cross-Time Caper... Only even more interminable. *g*

Also [spoiler] Evil Scott? Most excellent The sheer irony of Nocturne's universe pleases me greatly [/spoiler]
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Ok!!!! I read it!!! I read it!!! I'm way excited!!! AND between the final issue of King Hyperion, and the first of Nocturne, I am MORE than pleased!!!! Ok, i'm going to go all "comic book guy" here, and mention little things I noticed....i.e. MILLENIAL VISIONS MENTIONS!!!! Ok, In KH 3.....[spoiler]Gambit mentions he and Storm are married...and I really dont know of any world in which this is the case other than in Millenial Visions world "The Offspring", where is mentioned thier daughter Medea (Salamander lives there too![/spoiler]

As for Nocturne, the whole thing is a MV thang, but also, [spoiler]Cyclops team at the end...the new brotherhood, is rather lifted completely from Calafiore's MV submission "Exiles: Static Problems" (minus Blink)....[/spoiler]...Ok, I feel sufficiently geeky right now....

Nocturne kicked mucho butt...and i still have my fingers crossed for some Wanda in the next issue.......YAY!!!!
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by scheherazade »

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
As for Nocturne, the whole thing is a MV thang, but also, [spoiler]Cyclops team at the end...the new brotherhood, is rather lifted completely from Calafiore's MV submission "Exiles: Static Problems" (minus Blink)....[/spoiler]...Ok, I feel sufficiently geeky right now....
[spoiler] Oi, then, can you tell me, Is that Rogue with the FF and Hulk powers? that kicks major butt... [/spoiler]
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

I think it's Rogue. :)

And yes, Exiles reminds me of the Cross-time Caper too !
I hope the series will go on for a long time. I like alternate realities !

I pray for more alternate Nightcrawlers. I think it's only the third alternate Nighty we see since the beginning...
www.atlantys.biz

scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by scheherazade »

ooh ooh! can you tell me what issues the other alternate nighties appear in? *is definately planning to pick up the series*
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Rogue has the Skrulls powers in this team...and it looks like things...
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Crawler »

Rogue has absorbed the Super Skrull, it looks like. The Super Skrull, IIRC, had the powers of the entire FF and skrulls are green.
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by scheherazade »

Woah... Super Skrull? *shakes head* lmao, I really missed something here *g*