Exiles General Discussion

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

They can't have two [spoiler]blue chicks[/spoiler] on the team! One of them will have to go. Wonder which one it's going to be...

And it looks like [spoiler]Beak[/spoiler] will be a new team member. Going on about how much he loves his reality and all.

The story is excellent, exposition not so good, but I'm hoping once Bedard settles into the characters it will improve. And I laughed out loud when [spoiler]Angel and the babies puked on their pancakes[/spoiler]. Just the way it was set up, hilarious.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Well, I'm sure [spoiler]poor Nocturne will bite the dust. Remember what the Tallus said ? "Leave your possession and earn your wings." And Nocturne's power IS possession...[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Beak as a new member ??[/spoiler] Are you kidding ??
And yeah, the pancake scene was hilarious, and the issue quite good. I just hope [spoiler]TJ will meet her dad one last time before she disappears in Marvel universe's limboes.[/spoiler] Nah, it won't happen... :(
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by Diablo
Well, I'm sure [spoiler]poor Nocturne will bite the dust. Remember what the Tallus said ? "Leave your possession and earn your wings." And Nocturne's power IS possession...[/spoiler]
DUH!!! Oh man, I couldn't figure out why [spoiler]the line about leaving your possessions referred to Nocturne[/spoiler]. Sometimes I can be so thick, I swear. :X

[spoiler]Beak as a new member ??[/spoiler] Are you kidding ??
And yeah, the pancake scene was hilarious, and the issue quite good. I just hope [spoiler]TJ will meet her dad one last time before she disappears in Marvel universe's limboes.[/spoiler] Nah, it won't happen... :(
I just hope [spoiler]she actually goes away.[/spoiler] This story being set in [spoiler]616[/spoiler] worries me and hopefully it's just to give some background on [spoiler]Beak[/spoiler] and not because [spoiler]she's going to be left there[/spoiler]. What if [spoiler]she ends up sticking around??[/spoiler] Oh man, what if she [spoiler]ends up in the possible Nightcrawler ongoing??[/spoiler] That would SUCK, man.

I love spoiler tags.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Hey, no, that wouldn't suck at all ! Father and daughter. Cool ! :) But I really, really doubt it will happen.
www.atlantys.biz

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

But their mission for this world is [spoiler]"Leave your possession and earn your wings."[/spoiler] It's the mission. They can't move on until they've done that. I think it's very likely that [spoiler]Nocturne will be left in 616[/spoiler]. :(

You don't think [spoiler]having a daughter around[/spoiler] would cramp his style? I do.
Kakegoddes
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kakegoddes »

Last time the Exiles were in [spoiler]616 Kurt and TJ[/spoiler] got along just fine. Also she's practically an adult in age. Not to mention that all the Exiles have been living on their wits and instincts for who kows how long. She isn't a clingy child.
insert witty quote here

See my deviant art site
http://kakegodess.deviantart.com

Kakegoddes
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

I think Kakegoddes is right. TJ is a grown up, and her presence [spoiler]besides Kurt would be a riot ! [/spoiler] And if the Scarlet Witch comes, it only could get better. It's a crazy idea, really, but I love it.
Scott Summers never really get along with his daughter Rachel or his son Cable. Seeing [spoiler]"daddy Kurt" and "daughter TJ" together, as friends,[/spoiler] would be really entertaining. :)

Huh...I don't think my spoiled text is really useful, here...:rolleyes
www.atlantys.biz

Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Okay, I REALLY have to stop using the world "really". Sigh ! :P
www.atlantys.biz

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Ha! I decided a couple years ago I would stop using "really" so much... it really is impossible you know. ;)

And if I were a romantic interest, there's no way I'd want a daughter from an alternate reality hanging around. I can't decide if it would be worse if she was mine or wasn't. I don't want to know the future, or even a future. Plus, the constant reminders that I, sometime in the future, might give birth to a child with a retractable tail would insure that I was NEVER in the mood. Ew ew ew!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

:LOL:LOL:LOL
I just saw the cover of Exiles #50 online. Guess what ? Bingo ! Nocturne isn't there anymore. Where did she vanish ? Only time will tell...
Oh, and you were right : Beak has become an exile.
www.atlantys.biz

Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tracker »

Beak an exile? Oh, man..I just hope he won't be all whiny. That last comment about not being able to convince the FF in time.....*sigh*:(

So if TJ is in our reality...do you think she'll be in a title or just one the charcters that seems to be "around"?
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Shouldn't she go back to her own dimension? If she didn't, it's because a writer has actual plans for her. She's either gone or a regular in a new book.

PleasenotNightcrawlerpleasenotNightcrawlerpleasenotNightcrawler
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

PleaseNightcrawlerPLeaseNightcrawlerPlease :D:D

Seriously, I think maybe Chuck Austen will have her, since he lost Kurt...
www.atlantys.biz

kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

WHAT?????

Nooooooooooo!

she can't leave dangit, she's my favourite character - and besides, i always thought the "Leave your posessions and earn your wings" had to do with Namora (or whoever) leaving her kingdom and earning the trust of the exiles (either that or Beak learning how to fly - can he do that yet?)

aw darnit.... *goes off to sulk*
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Go to the X-Men thread kladyelf. [spoiler]It seems TJ may land here, among Chuck's team ! [/spoiler]
www.atlantys.biz

SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by SmoothBamf »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
Shouldn't she go back to her own dimension? If she didn't, it's because a writer has actual plans for her. She's either gone or a regular in a new book.

PleasenotNightcrawlerpleasenotNightcrawlerpleasenotNightcrawler
not necessarily true...if you remember at the end of exiles issue 10, they leave thunderbird on that planet in a coma.
And then there is the planet that sabertooth and blink got put on, but they don't have a home reality anyway
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Ok, was I the only one really disappointed with this issue?? I'm going to go ahead and list my issues with it..in spoilers, of course ;)

[spoiler]
Issue #1: Specific rules were set ads to why a person would become unhinged from their timeline and how it would occur. The Timebroker doesn't just "decide" that anyone will switch.

Issue #2: The deal is, when one comes unhinged from time, the work as an Exile until they either fix their timeline or die (or, as in Tbirds case, are inhibited from continuing). Once it's fixed, they go home....they can't just stay somewhere! It's not "in the contract" as it were....

Issue #3: Nocturne's actual deptarture. I have 2 problems with this:
1. Nobody seemed nearly as upset about this as they should have, Morph especially. They're losing one of the orginials here, and they're gaining BEAK of all people! They should be DAMN upset!
2. Nocturne seemed way to content with her switch. Now, we're talking about the only Exile who actually has a real family back home waiting for her. I can't imagine she's totally content with the fact that she'll most likely never see them again.

Issue #4: I dont like this whole "They'll think you ran away" thing......basically, it had been that when you returned back to your reality, you returned to the exact time oyu left...now, its different??
[/spoiler]

I don't think I need to explain the magnitude of my Nocturne fan-girlishness......as pretty much all yall know.....and it's not even that im upset she's no longer in Exiles (im SURE she'll be showing up again)....its just...it was handled really terribly...

Oh, and I hate Beak...

But I liked fat Angel....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Shouldn't her first stop have been [spoiler]Beak's place so she could explain where he was[/spoiler]???

Instead she goes wandering off with some mystery dude. BRILLIANT.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
Shouldn't her first stop have been [spoiler]Beak's place so she could explain where he was[/spoiler]???

Instead she goes wandering off with some mystery dude. BRILLIANT.
This new writer can't even commit to what he writes...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
zati1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by zati1 »

soooo who do we think the mystery dude at the end was? was this just a convenient way to leave nocturne in our world but not really "there," or should we expect to see her story keep being followed in exiles?

something about this arc just seemed "off" to me...the dialog especially was strange. that and i hate beak.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by zati1
soooo who do we think the mystery dude at the end was?
Juggernaut. That's my guess anyway.

And I found Bedard's second issue worse than the first. Hopefully it's just a settling in problem and will improve.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

I don't think Nocturne will be followed up in Exiles. (except maybe next issue or two, i guess) she's the domain of the other books, now.

*thinks she knows who who the mystery dude is....* :evil

I don't think people will much like it, though. but she's taken out of that situation soon enough, worry not.

and Lisa i have another issue.

when a timeline is fixed, they move on to a new one, and so far they have never had to return to a timeline twice. 616 has already been visited and fixed. i suppose it's *possible* that a ripple effect from another mission could have caused it to 'break' again, but.... when i first heard about this but (at the time) did not know the details, all i knew was that she would be switching with Beak, most of Lisa's concerns immediately popped to mind. sorry to see they weren't really addressed :

and SmoothBamf - it's not that an Exile can be left behind under some circumstances, when it happened before it was by choice (Sabretooth, Hyperion) or bringing them along, though they were technically alive, would prove detremental to the team (Thunderbird). the problem here is, now Nocturne has no possibility of fulfilling her quest to save her reality, and her hand was forced in the matter. her reality remains unfixed, and we can only presume she will live out her life, die (hopefully not soon) and then go back to the moment in which she was taken, only to watch her father be killed by Mystique because she had the chance to repair her timeline taken away.
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tracker »

I take it the third issue in the arc is out....here's hoping the store has it in...:hrumph

I hope Nocturne isn't just left out and forgotten...I really liked her. I hate to admit it, but without her in Exiles, I'm probably not gonna be getting this title anymore.:(
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by SmoothBamf »

and SmoothBamf - it's not that an Exile can be left behind under some circumstances, when it happened before it was by choice (Sabretooth, Hyperion) or bringing them along, though they were technically alive, would prove detremental to the team (Thunderbird). the problem here is, now Nocturne has no possibility of fulfilling her quest to save her reality, and her hand was forced in the matter. her reality remains unfixed, and we can only presume she will live out her life, die (hopefully not soon) and then go back to the moment in which she was taken, only to watch her father be killed by Mystique because she had the chance to repair her timeline taken away. [/quote]

how can you disagree with me in your post you list 2 deferent ways that "under certain circumstaces"characters have lefet the group without dying or going home 3 if you want to count the TJ fiasco

I agree that ssabretooth convinced the time broker that there was a different way to fix that world so I ges it was by choice but blink went there to when she got sent "home"

I don't know what choice Hyperion made but in my iss #45 he dies and it dosn't look like his chois to get stabbed in the back by gambit with a kineticly charged sole sword

now I shall address the TJ problem first I think your being to literal with the rules because based on your theory (that TJ's realty would not get fixed because she is in the 616 realty) all the characters that dyed would not get there realtys fixed either and the 616 folks jump around realtys so often whos ta say that she can't go there and fix it her self :bamf
Kakegoddes
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kakegoddes »

My thinking may be completely flawed here, but if I were in TJ's situation I would try to get back to my dimension on my own. I would start by asking the X-men since they are a magnet for tempral/ dimensional problems. That could lead her to Brian Braddock. Isn't he kinda incharge of Otherworld? Of course he's missing.... That just seems an odd coincedense. Anyway, if this makes absolutely no sense please ignore my rambling.
insert witty quote here

See my deviant art site
http://kakegodess.deviantart.com

Kakegoddes