Exiles General Discussion

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Read 1-50, then 89. Seriously, the rest sucks

Actually, you'd only need to read 1-10, and 16 to get 89. And if you're REALLY lazy just read 16. It's even posted here!!

[Edited on 20/9/0606 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I can't believe we haven't yet spoken of Claremont's take on Exiles. First: Roma? Really? ROMA? Come on!

Second: Does Betsy HAVE to save the day CONSTANTLY? Read the solicits, that seems to be where this is pointing. The chick is mentioned in every solicit for books coming up. Depressing. Are there Betsy fans out there who are pissed about their fav becoming CC's Sue?

Also, he mentioned on Xfan that there'll be a NEX/Exiles crossover in the fall and speculation points to a Braddock fest. GAH. Add that to the 7 issues we are expected to have in NEX that will be about Brian and the Otherworld, as well as What will SURELY be Betsy spotlighted Exiles, and GAHHHHH. This man needs to retire. NOW.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

To throw this discussion in a more fun direction, I'm going to hand it over to you, the reader. Who do you want to see on the team? Any reality? If it's an official alternate reality version, give us some background. If it's a new take, give us their history. Here's my contribution.

---

A Crawler henchman
(appeared in the X-Men storyline 'Here Comes Tomorrow' by Grant Morrison)

These guys were a pretty cool idea. Beast (turned evil by a sentient virus) spliced some of his former X-Men buddies' DNA to make his Crawler henchmen - Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Multiple Man, and Archangel.

The one I want on the team would come before the Multiple Man splicing. From what I remember, they had good minds for tactics and would follow orders. I don't remember any speaking lines from them, so it would be interesting to see how he would interact with other members during any downtime or in missions that were about preserving life. Hell, even him getting to a world that wasn't torn apart by war would be interesting.

So, who's next?
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I would like to see an entire team of Psylockes. You could have like, a blonde one, and an original British one, and a blind ninja one, and 90s buttfloss Psylocke to round it out.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

So, anyone reading this? I have heard NOTHING but bad things from anyone who is an Exiles fan. All the CC fans are eating it up, but those I've spoken to never even read Exiles before CC picked it up.

Also, I have heard that he plans to give the Exiles a "home base" on a world, as well as a rogue's gallery of villians. Does he GET what the Exiles ARE?! Apparently not, because he's turning it in to every other X-book out there....really sad :(.

I've also heard Sage will be joining the team. So...basically, with Betsy, Sage, and even Longshot you have 3 616 characters, and add Nocturne thats kind of 4 (considering she's spent a considerable amount of time on 616). W T F. Further proof the man has no interest in actually writing EXILES
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Ow, it's really getting worse every day. :yech

I don't know, I'm close to the point of just saying: enjoy the early Exiles, when it was still awesome, and pretend the rest doesn't even exist.

We're slowly losing everything that made Exiles special in the first place. You know, I loved the approach it had then, with characters who had a purpose. They were people torn from their home realities against their will, forced to work together and go on dangerous missions. Should they fail, they had to face the consequences. That made them and their motivation relatable.

Now it's almost like any other superhero book, with the characters doing superheroic stuff because... well, they have superpowers and the world needs saving again.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen