Exiles General Discussion

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

The Super Skrull is an old FF villain.
The FF's DEADLIEST FOE! The ultimate alien warrior known as Kl'rt first tackled the Fantastic Four back in 1963 in the classic FF #18! With his natural shape-shifting ability bionically engineered by Skrull scientists to mimic the powers of the Fantastic Four this alien nemesis went on to plague the Marvel Universe for years!
And a little more info: http://www.geocities.com/marvel_villain ... krull.html
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Banned

Post by Winged Outlaw »

The super skrull has all the powers of the fantastic four.

I wanna see what the spider swarm guy can do.
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by scheherazade »

Thanks, Crawler! now I can mask my ignorance of the FF continuity... hehe
blueberrymuffin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by blueberrymuffin »

And the tail is finally explained............

It retracts!!!!!

I love it. I thought that was the smartest thing they could have done, under the circumstances. This way each artist can draw her with or without and no one will be confused or pissed about continuity.

I've never been so impressed.....and happy to have the confusion solved.
Plus it makes her extra cool.

I was a little dissapointed that they never had a scene with Wanda. Only the short blip of her on the TV with the Avengers and Kurt mentioning something. But I did read the Millenial Visions where Nocturne is first introduced and noticed it never said anything about Wanda being her mother.......Is this something Chuck thought up on his own?
"I deserve sympathy for the sins of my sordid past, not scorn. Those were difficult days, I was probably very confused and out of my mind on drink or drugs. It's not always about 'good' and 'evil' Scott dear." Emma

"I can't believe what some mutants are up to right now in the privacy of their own homes." Emma (again)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

um... Chuck?

it was Judd Winick that came up with that waaaay back in issue.... uh.... i dunno which issue. but it was a while ago. :)

thought it was a rather amusing explanation, though i am not totally sure it needed an explanation, i just found it amusing how it kept coming and going :LOL
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

:shocked It retracts? Um...to where? (now I have to get THAT image out of my head...)

And, for the record...it was issue #4...and TJ also reveals that they're still hot for each other's bod...awwww... :wan-kurt
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by blueberrymuffin
And the tail is finally explained............

It retracts!!!!!

I love it. I thought that was the smartest thing they could have done, under the circumstances. This way each artist can draw her with or without and no one will be confused or pissed about continuity.
Smart.... or just fucked up? I know what my money is on. What the hell?

Nocturne just got ickier. :P
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I'm wayyyyy unhappy with this retraction idea....ew...ew...ew....

I like my girl tailess....:nocturne

And I would have liked to see soem more Wanda in this little arc...would have been nice. Otherwise, I really loved it....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

To Scheherazade :
the alternate Kurts in Exiles aren't really impressive, you know...
. in issues #3 and 4 ("old wounds new battles" ) , there is a young Nighty, quite similar to ours.
. and in issue #20, we see a "Phalanx-Nightcrawler". He only appears in one panel !!

I think that's all !!
Fortunately, we finally met Talia's father !
If you like multiple Crawlers, just try to get Excalibur#103 or Morrison's current stroryline in New X-Men -the best Morrison story since E for Extinction !

Concerning issue#42, I'm sad too we didn't really see Wanda... perhap's another time...if Nocturne doesn't bite the dust !! (I pray she doesn't every time they announce a change in the team !!):oops
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

I kinda liked the fact that it had never been explained. She never used it, so it never really needed explanation, IMO. And i thought that the fact that it came and went in this arc was just a kinda in-joke for the people that had been following the series.

And yeah, Chuck had nothing to do with deciding Wanda was TJ's mom. I'm not sure who actually decided it, but it was probably Judd Winick, the original writer. It could've also been Jim Calafiore, Nocturne's creator, artist on this series, and writer/artist on this arc; or it could've been input from Mike McKone, the original Exiles artist who was drawing at the time that it was revealed.

But this arc was really great. :D

Poor, poor Lucien. On the bright side, now we've got another reason to hate Cyclops!
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Oh, C I know!!! I LOVED Lucien!!! I'm hoping they can do something.....he's supposed to be a part of the team......I hope....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Crawler
On the bright side, now we've got another reason to hate Cyclops!
You mean we need a reason to hate Cyclops?

I'm just worried about who's gonna make it through this arc...if Morph and/or Nocturne go...well...another title bites the dust for me...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Well, there aren't a lot of Weapon X members left !... [spoiler]Hulk and Firestar died[/spoiler]
And, concerning the Exiles, we saw poor [spoiler]Illyana/Magik bite the dust !... I know she was "evil"...but Illyana Rasputin has alwas been my favourite character.[/spoiler] :(
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
darksensations
Lubber
Lubber

Don't know if you guys saw this yet...

Post by darksensations »

Two pages of the new Exiles #48 (w/o text) with new artist Mizuki Sakakibara.

(There are minor spoilers in the link.)

Newsarama

What do you guys think about the art? The girl *isn't* blue, like I had theorized from the beginning, and Morph is the first one to see her (and freak out. Some welcome. ;])

X-posted from Cracks of Reality- Join, people, join!

I'm a huge fan of Calafiore's pencils, which I think is truly fitting for the book, but Sakaribara's covers were quite nice, and this interior art isn't half bad[spoiler](except for Blink bearing resemblance to a pig on the second page, and Nocturne's profile looking kind of iffy). [/spoiler] I'll have to warm up to this guy, though-I'm so used to Calafiore.

What do you guys think?

Edit: I meant Exiles #46. Sorry, guys.
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Banned

Post by Winged Outlaw »

Hmm... I dont like that the Exiles are returning to our reality once again. After all, originally it was promised that they'd never come to 616. Now, its the second time they're here.

And last time... it wasn't pretty :(
zati1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by zati1 »

did anyone else notice that the new character is shown [spoiler]diving into the water (in perfect 'diving form,' might i add :p) and then morph sees her under there and does his "aooga" face...could it be namorita?[/spoiler]
darksensations
Lubber
Lubber

Post by darksensations »

According to Bedard, however, the new character is gonna be brand-new, not an alternate version of an existing one.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

well, that one, maybe... but i know he will be taking an existing character onto the team, as well.
zati1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by zati1 »

isn't he taking a character fro 616?

or did i just accidentally make that up and convince myself that i read it somewhere? :LOL
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

nope, he is. i think it should be obvious which one if you read his interview.
zati1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by zati1 »

eughhhhhh...please tell me it's not [spoiler] beak,[/spoiler] because he is one of the most annoying characters ever.

unique, yes. annoying, very much yes.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I've said before, half-kidding, that if Nocturne left Exiles, I would pick it up. Now I'll say: If Beak replaces Nocturne, I really will pick it up. Not just idle talk here. I will seriously go to the store, take it off the shelf, take it to the register and pay for it with actual money, probably using a debit card. Every month. Getting the Beak issues anyway. Cause I wuvs him. :)
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
mightiest_mortal
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by mightiest_mortal »

Beaks cool :) il be glad to see him in Exiles.. Hes not the most useful mutant in the world though, and boosting his power or giving him optic blasts or something would just ruin half the point of him. im interested to see how much help he can give the Exiles on their missions.
Cherrydoom
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Cherrydoom »

Who else wants to see the X-Babies somehow brought into the Exiles? (If they haven't been already... I might've missed it :LOL ) Mojo's getting to be kind of old as a villain, but... those tykes are just too cute to *not* want to see again :D

...Or, better yet, they could be sent to that place where all the Bamfs are, with that weird little Wolverine and the giant Lockheed.. if my memory's right :LOL
zati1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by zati1 »

Originally posted by zati1
did anyone else notice that the new character is shown [spoiler]diving into the water (in perfect 'diving form,' might i add :p) and then morph sees her under there and does his "aooga" face...could it be namorita?[/spoiler]
i was kind of right :P