Avengers general discussion

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
msgt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by msgt »

I don't follow the Avengers too well, but I've always liked the Wasp. I thuoght she was cool, and I've seen from previews that Austen has done intersting things with her, like her being able to grow tall.

I've heard a lot of rumors about the Avengers Disassembled.

Does anyone know if it is true that they are going to do a Morrison like JLA with the Avengers by having all the main heroes in the MU on the team?

I've heard Daredevil, Spiderman, and maybe even wolverine.

I'm sure most is just typical speculation and rumors. I think Spider man has been an Avenger before, and has Daredevil as well?

I did read a rumor on the Comic Book Resources board where someone said their local comic book store guy said he heard a rumor that Jean Grey would be on the team.

That is probably very unlikely, but if they were going to take all the main heroes and taking Jean from the Xmen would work since she isn't currentely in a book.

But its probably just the usual.. people coming up with stuff for no reason and just basing things on what They'd like to see.

So Brian Michael Bendis coming on with David Finch to do the new Avengers? I'm trying to get what is straight from all the internet rumors going on.

Thanks,

Mike
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Avengers#80 : I just love the new Captain Britain ! It's good to see Brian Braddock and Meggan as... deities (like Merlyn and Roma). But man, they're really condescending ! Poor Kelsey ! :ooh
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Robin
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Robin »

Originally posted by Diablo
Avengers#80 : I just love the new Captain Britain ! It's good to see Brian Braddock and Meggan as... deities (like Merlyn and Roma). But man, they're really condescending ! Poor Kelsey ! :ooh
I love Kelsey too! Too bad Austen is leaving Avengers, I wanna know what happens to Kelsey and her kids. Any chance he might be using her on X-Men?

Newbie questions time: is the Brian Braddock shown in Avengers the same guy mentioned in this month's Uncanny X-Men? From what I could infer after reading "Lionheart of Avalon", he used to be Captain Britain, and then he somehow became this god-like being and moved to this Otherworld place with his wife Meggan. Is that right? And then he designated a new champion... is being Captain Britain like being the Slayer? One in every generation? :?

Thanks.

Robin
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

pretty much got it there, Robin :) that's exactly how Captain Britain works... except there is the added twist of the Multiverse, where each alternate dimension has it's own champion. right now, Brian and Meggan are in charge of all of them. well, this little snag in Avengers aside. :p but they're supposed to be. that's why people refer to regular Marvel continuity as '616' all the realities were numbered, and 616 is the number the regular timelone got.
KurtnMeggan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KurtnMeggan »

Is it just me, or have these Invaders issues been really boring lately?

Also, I really dislike Chuck pairing Hawkeye and Wasp together. I'm not big on Priest putting Wanda and Cap together either, but Clint and Jan just seems to be in bad taste. Also, it makes it seem like Chuck didn't read the same version of Avengers #71 as I did. Hank and Jan looked pretty happy there, so this is all just coming out of nowhere.
Meggan and Kurt! Love them! You know you wanna;):meggan
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by SmoothBamf »

I'm not a big Avengers fan but I herd about the new Invaders comic coming out and sense Namor is one of my favorite guys. I was gunna get it and when I saw the title "once an Invader" I figured it was the prelude to there new comic so I picked them up I haven't found them to be boring in the slightest in fact I pretty much have only one complaint about it and that is U.S. Agent's stupid friggen hellmet.
KurtnMeggan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KurtnMeggan »

Austen's last issue was not his best, IMO. It's really too bad, but I'm eager and nervous about Bendis coming on board. I just hope he doesn't hurt the Avengers lore.

Hawkeye and Wasp still irritate me though...hopefully something will be done to undo that pairing without unhinging Hank Pym from his sanity.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Well, Bendis has leaked his roster:

[spoiler]Captain America, Iron Man, Spiderman, Wolverine, Spider Woman (Jessica Drew), Luke Cage, sentry, and one mystery character[/spoiler]
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

[spolier] you know the spoiler codes do work....you just have to type to tags in by hand [/spoiler]
Call me King!
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Originally posted by Tatu
[spolier] you know the spoiler codes do work....you just have to type to tags in by hand [/spoiler]

Yeah- jsut fixed taht...

I could have sworn teh spoiler tags were something taht dissapeared in the upgrade, but maybe I was wrong.

hmmm......still acting funny though.................... The spoiler tags are contained in teh quote, and everything BUT the quote is being marked as Spoiler.............
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

they were, initially. i re-installed them, and no, i haven't gotten the button on the post page working yet. i have some other stuff in 'real life' which frankly makes the forum look unimportant at the moment.... but i will egt around to that, eventually... but they're functional, at least.
KurtnMeggan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KurtnMeggan »

I'm not a fan of this line-up. It just doesn't feel like the Avengers anymore and I'm not interested in Marvel's version of the JLA. So, I'll be dropping this book after the last of Disassembled is over.
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Bendis and Sentry...

I'm there :D
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

*out of the loop* Didn't Sentry turn out to be a hoax and have no effect on the MU? Or did I hear that wrong?

Regardless, I don't really like the idea of having Spidey and Wolverine on the Avengers...but I wont make judgement until I've read the book. It COULD work beautifully....though when I first read this lineup, I honestly thought it was a joke. It still could be, really. Maybe there's just no such thing as ridiculous anymore. ;)

Does anyone know much about Spider-Woman? She have different powers than Spider-Man?
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

No Wanda? Thats so wrong.
Call me King!
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Originally posted by Crawler
*out of the loop* Didn't Sentry turn out to be a hoax and have no effect on the MU? Or did I hear that wrong?

Regardless, I don't really like the idea of having Spidey and Wolverine on the Avengers...but I wont make judgement until I've read the book. It COULD work beautifully....though when I first read this lineup, I honestly thought it was a joke. It still could be, really. Maybe there's just no such thing as ridiculous anymore. ;)

Does anyone know much about Spider-Woman? She have different powers than Spider-Man?
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individu ... womani.htm
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

SPOILERS

So, the Scarlet Witch was the traitor. :(
Poor Wanda.
What do you think of that ??
www.atlantys.biz

Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Wanda wasn't a traitor. Her "hex" powers were basically out of control which caused the death of several Avengers. It wasn't her intention to kill anyone.

But I loved the ending. :mags

Avengers "Disassembled" is just a prelude to what is to come next summer. This isn't over yet! :D
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Yep, you're right !

I was kinda sad for Wanda... and Magnus seemed so depressed.
I hope Bendis will write them well.
He can do it. It's just that sometimes, you don't know what to expect from him.:?
www.atlantys.biz