New X-Men General Discussion

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

Bring all of your New chatter to this thread . For all general talk about Grant Morrison's New X-Men:D

So whaddya think about the whole Xorn thing ???:shocked
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

I think I've said enough on this topic around here, haven't I? :secret
Needless to say, at this moment, it possess too many questions that can't be answered easily. Can it pay off well by the end of the storyline? Definitely a possibility. But I'm just not too sure about it. Plus, [spoiler]there's no more Xorn[/spoiler], so right there the story goes down a peg in my tastes ;)

Add in that [spoiler]once again, Xavier is crippled[/spoiler], and the story just feels somewhat redundant as a whole.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

I like Xorn :(
I definitly want to see where GM is going with this one tho' :smirk
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
blueberrymuffin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by blueberrymuffin »

I'm just glad you know who is back. And looking rather sexy.
I did like Xorn though. I thought he was a very unique character. I was wondering if maybe something was going on with him recently though....even in Uncanny's last issue he was acting rather strangely.....when Prof. X asked if he wanted to help with Lorna his response was rather "Un-Xorn" if that makes any sense.
It seems to be tying in with the Uncanny story of Lorna and her search to find out if Mags is her dad. I like it when the books play off each other a little. But I'd like to see more of Emma and the Cookoos, especially after everything that happened with all that. It feels like Morrison just left that storyline hanging and has gone on a different track. But hopefully he'll tie it all together. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
That's one way of making sure people read your book, I guess...:ooh

PS. Does anyone think that [spoiler]Mags[/spoiler]: shot Sage? I think I do.
"I deserve sympathy for the sins of my sordid past, not scorn. Those were difficult days, I was probably very confused and out of my mind on drink or drugs. It's not always about 'good' and 'evil' Scott dear." Emma

"I can't believe what some mutants are up to right now in the privacy of their own homes." Emma (again)
anthomaniac1023
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by anthomaniac1023 »

She didn't quite get shot did she? But yeah, that was him there. "sun in a box" and all. As for the whole revelation, I think I like it. I'm not sure other writers could do Xorn justice, so I suppose its ok that he's not livingon past this run. I'm watiting for things to be explained more clearly next issue.

Also, I'm really looking forward to seeing the Phoenix in this run. :) :phoenix
blueberrymuffin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by blueberrymuffin »

anthomaniac, you're right she didn't get shot, she got attacked. thanks for reminding me. I just had a vision of the gun being held to her head, I forgot she just got attacked and not shot. But we think it was "Xorn" right? Yeah, it's making some sense now.
"I deserve sympathy for the sins of my sordid past, not scorn. Those were difficult days, I was probably very confused and out of my mind on drink or drugs. It's not always about 'good' and 'evil' Scott dear." Emma

"I can't believe what some mutants are up to right now in the privacy of their own homes." Emma (again)
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Actually, at the end of one of the issues (I forget which... :doh!), someone aims a gun at her head and at the beginning of the next, she's in the grass. No bullet hole, no blood...maybe he/she/it thunked her with it? :smirk

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Recently got bored and looked through my magazines and stuff. Found this in Wizard #140:

X-Marc's Da' Spot New X-Men Writer Grant Morrison looks to hitting his stride again after rumors swirled concerning missed deadlines. Morrison's already delivered his first script to Top Cow founder and artist Marc Silvestri for their planned X-Men collaboration that will see the future of the X-universe in shambles.

Gee. How nice. :huh

~Siona

-- SheCat.
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Y'want weird? Check out this pic from WIZARD showing a preview page of Silvestri's upcoming run in NXM 151-154.

Yes, there's spoilers in there...
http://www.masaru.us/forumimages/wtf.jpg
anthomaniac1023
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

:mad I was just about to post that Ryan...*smites*.

I always thought those 4 would make a good X-Men team. Maybe this can become an ongoing?:)

Also, here's this...http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0309/25/n5.htm

[spoiler]Pretty dynamic change in look, eh? Oh, and more naked Xavier. I've felt that's been really missing from Morrison's run for the past 20 or so issues.[/spoiler]
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Too bad there's another Morrison continuity glitch in there. "Erik Lensheer" was an alias Magnus created that has been further proven as false.

But I'm not a stickler for those kinds of things, so I'm cool with it.

Though dammit, how old ARE the Cuckoos. They keep varying...
anthomaniac1023
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Yeah, I noticed the Eric thing too, but those type of things don't bug me.

I've always assumed the Cuckoos were around sixteen.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by MabusRex
Y'want weird? Check out this pic from WIZARD showing a preview page of Silvestri's upcoming run in NXM 151-154.

Yes, there's spoilers in there...
http://www.masaru.us/forumimages/wtf.jpg
It looks like...I can't stop it!

Ah-hem.

Bird-Boy, Darwin, and Steve Irwin walk into a bar...

((Bird Boy is another tabloid dude, like Bat Boy...but he has the head of a bird or something. :rolleyes))

~Siona

-- SheCat.
X51
Lubber
Lubber
Title: Banned

Post by X51 »

Yes I was gonna post the spoiler too! oh well..
Well I think it looks GREAT especially Wolverine sexy as always
...heroes whose lives and purpose are defined by a simple and fundamental truth: whatever our genes, we are all ultimately human. - X-treme X-men #31
anthomaniac1023
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/ ... gi?id=2815

There's a Morrison NXM interview which I really enjoyed. It also has more preview pages of 147 and 151.
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Dracadancer »

And [spoiler] everyone dies . Well I guess THAT ends the marvel universe, hope you had a nice time go read my DC comics now. [/spoiler] :rolleyes
Hey....wait a sec...is that Kurt on the preview page of 151? Ah cram it....
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
anthomaniac1023
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

It looks like a few of the Nightcrawler/Cyclops hybrids.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

God, whose idea was that? I mean, can any of you see Scott and Kurt getting down with it? :die

But...what's the alien-silver thingie? :?

EDIT: NOOO! BEAKIE! ANGEL! Don't go with Mags, he's the BAD guy! :bawl Two more of my favorite characters...!

~Siona

-- SheCat.
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Article up about Silvestri's work on NXM #151-154's arc entitled "Here comes tomorrow": http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthr ... eadid=6052

Interesting to see a U-Man still around. And the multiple-Crawlers just got weirder...
Elektra
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Elektra »

I read the latest NXM the other day... so let me get this straight: Mags is [spoiler]a drug addict [/spoiler] now?

Umm... okay...
Nightcrawler: If someone has some extra clothes they're not using, I'm feeling a bit modest here.
Jubilee: Woah...! Why?

http://www.geocities.com/elektraspage

Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Always suspected it...never wanted to believe it...but now it seems we have proof, now?

My brother ((the one with the naughty remarks, the little runt...!)) is also collecting the NXM issues and he commented on Mags new "thing": "So the helmet dude is rockin' the ganj?!"

God save my soul. :faint

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Elektra
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Elektra »

Here's a theory:

[spoiler]Maybe seeing New York redone in his own image was just Mags on a bad trip, and the mutant audience who wasn't "listening" to him were probably just normal people walking around wondering what he was on.
[/spoiler]

*shrug*
Nightcrawler: If someone has some extra clothes they're not using, I'm feeling a bit modest here.
Jubilee: Woah...! Why?

http://www.geocities.com/elektraspage

Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Post by Paty »

:mags:
New X Men gets more dreadful with every issue. And the whole issue of 151 is printed in the December issue of Wizard. Now, why is that?
Is Marvel possibly junking it for the unmitigated crap it is??? Oh...I hope so!
If the nightmare that is the Planet X arc isn't a fever dream or a bad trip on diluted Kick...I cannot fathom what it is. skylines come and go...buildings disappear and are back again in the next page...nothing workd either visually nor literally...
If Marvel doesn't trash or retcon the whole of Morrison's run, it should at least trash or retcon the Planet X arc. It is too destructive and pays no attention to the shared universe...even though someone tried to cover some of the plot holes in the late 149 issue with a word balloon that states that Mags made a PHONE CALL and lured the superheroes...all of them... outta town...into Brooklyn... so's he could take over Manhattan!!! Gimme a break! they had to stuff that poor excuse of a word balloon in to cover plot holes??? or was that ridiculous crap Grant's ??? Either way, it sucked as a plothole filler...really!!!
The silvestri art on the future arc is lovely...but since they printed the whole of 151 in this month's Wizard, who is gonna buy the book??? Wizard at least has interesting articles about the whole comics industry and is worth the money you pay for it. Morrisonnn's stuff isn't worth the death of good trees!
My bet is that after the abomination of 147 abd 148, enough people stopped ordering New X men to give Marvel pause...and they are possibly printing it here in Wizard to absolve them of contractual obligations...and then going with a totally new arc for 151 through 154 . Otherwise, it doesnn't make sense to print the whole issue. Teaser pages, maybe... but not the whole issue! Who's gonna buy it? Completists who cannot stand to have a gap in their run??? Well...Maybe...but I sure won't. Is Wizard gonna print the rest of the arc, too? It would relieve Marvel of having this drek in continuity...even as an alternate future timeline.
Silvestri's art is lovely...but even it can't salvage this mess. Too bad...What a waste of a good artist.

I posted over on cockrum's corner ...the Paty!!! thread, I think... about my solution to the Planet X mess...and all the other magneto behavioral abberrations for close to ten years...Personally, I think it's a better story than Marvel is gonna come up with...
LOL
I gotta find something to laugh about regarding the X men...or I'm gonna cry...and then kill someone...this is not good...

Paty
:mags:
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto
x-dog
Lubber
Lubber

!

Post by x-dog »

Dude! chill out...
"X-Men emergency indeed Charles---- the dream is over!" - Ma.. i mean Xorn! in new x-men # 146
anthomaniac1023
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Marvel and Wizard have done this before with Wolverine #1 I believe. That still saw plenty of sales when the issue hit. With the climactic 150 issue coming up, then the Silvestri arc, it looks like sales will be huge for the rest of Morrison's run, deservedly so.