Uncanny X-Men General Discussion

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

Originally posted by mightiest_mortal
Well Havoks got a lota water in his body, pee not included so Iceman doesnt just have to take the piss.(literally)
I think Alex may need a lot of that water in his body for his own self, and might be opposed to sharing anything his body isn't naturally eliminating.

How much water is in a liter of urine, about? How long would it take three adults and one child to produce, say, six liters of water, assuming they had water to drink? What if they didn't?
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Originally posted by mightiest_mortal
Well Havoks got a lota water in his body, pee not included so Iceman doesnt just have to take the piss.(literally)
I imagine Alex is rather fond of the feeling of being hydrated, and, given the apparent aridity of their surroundings, I'd hazard that he probably can't spare much of his body's water content - even if that is 70% of his make-up. If it's as dry as it looks, his body's probably sucking every last drop out it can, and there'll only be the bare minimum in his bladder required to flush the toxins out of his system.

Ick, the things I'll talk about if it relates to comics. :P
killer bee
Lubber
Lubber

Post by killer bee »

Originally posted by Bamfette
they are children of Azazel. half-siblings of Kurt. Azazel, being a teleporter, can leave his dimension for short periods of time, but could not bring his followers with him, he needed other teleporters connected to the same dimension to help open a portal. so he ah, spread his genes around ;) i don't think they were all intended to look SO much like Kurt. if you'll notice, Kiwi Black looks nothing like Kurt at all. and keep in mind there are billions of people inhabiting the world, a few dozen scattered over nearly as many countries, .... i mean, it's like a needle in a haystack.

the reason they are all going to be pairing up is for the benefit of future stories. that first similar mutations will band together and form groups. then when they breed, it will form seperate 'races' of mutants. so in the future, several generations down, there is a 'race' of Nightcrawler lookalikes. and there will be a 'race' of Beasts and a 'race' of Ice people ruling the north, and winged mutants and telepathic mutants and etc. Kurt/Jillian is merely the first step (after the Lobo gang, anyway)

this is what happened in the distant past with Azazel. 'demonic' mutants paired up, and 'angelic' mutants also paired up. (and others, but those are what the story focuses on) the two 'races' ended up with different ideals, and on on opposing sides, and fought.

so chuck and morrison are making mutant powers common to the point that everyone has the same one? so every mutant power in the future will be common and there will be no unqiue ones? well that sucks :(
killer bee: i've spent my whole life as a brain washed slave for a madman named bison who made me commit horrible acts of murder and savagery. but i've been given a second chance at life, to turn right all the wrongs i've commited and i wont dishonor that chance by going back to him. i know that i may never truly be forgiven for all the terrible things i've done but through hope i know that one day i will.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

it's not like there will be 5 powers total. not everyone will be exactly the same... and there will lways be room for mutants that don't fit neatly into any one category. don't look at things as so black and white. as with anything there are ALWAYS shades of gray.
killer bee
Lubber
Lubber

Post by killer bee »

i see thanks bamfette. but i have a question wont kurt find it hard to fall in love with a woman that looks exzactly like him??? i mean jill and kurt could be brother and sister.
killer bee: i've spent my whole life as a brain washed slave for a madman named bison who made me commit horrible acts of murder and savagery. but i've been given a second chance at life, to turn right all the wrongs i've commited and i wont dishonor that chance by going back to him. i know that i may never truly be forgiven for all the terrible things i've done but through hope i know that one day i will.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

I dunno- wasn't there an excalibur plotline where Kurt was having an affair with Meggan, and she turned into a Kurt-like being, because she sensed that it was what he wanted?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

yup, there was. they never actually became a couple, but they came very close to kissing and there was a LOT of flirting, much to Brian's charign. Meggan was an empathic shapechanger, she changed into whatever the person she was with most desired. every time she was with Kurt, she instinctinvely (without even realizing it) turned into a female version of him. blue skin, yellow eyes, dark, curly hair...

http://nightscrawlers.com/forum/image.php?iid=402 (this one is an AU Meggan, but the same thing happened)
http://nightscrawlers.com/forum/image.php?iid=400 (a dream of Kurt's, with a transformed Meggan)
http://nightscrawlers.com/forum/image.php?iid=404 (Meggan instinctively transfroming as Kurt approaches her)
http://nightscrawlers.com/forum/image.php?iid=405 (meggan transforming while holding Kurt, while flying overthe Atlantic)
http://nightscrawlers.com/forum/image.php?iid=406 (again, just as she is changing)
http://nightscrawlers.com/forum/image.php?iid=407 (the infamous almost-kiss after he had been tickling her)
Nomad X
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nomad X »

Wow, between those pics of Meggan all blue and fuzzy and Nocturne in Exiles, I understand why so many girls go gaga for Kurt... Wonder if we can get a female version of him permanently in Uncanny for us guys (or just have Meggan come back like that). :P
:rachel Nomad X

:lorna Dum dum dee dum... Ah DAMMIT!!

:austen
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Well, Jillian's kind of a winged, female Kurt.......
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

During the original Nightcrawler mini-series in 1986, there was a comment about how he couldn't get interested in the female bamfs because they were too much like his sister. However, there the similarity was downright SCARY! They were female clones of him, basically. Jill has similarities, but she's hardly a clone.

One thing I'm curious about if Jill is from a cult-like mentality (which makes perfect sense), it's going to be VERY insteresting to see what happens when she winds up separated from it. Cult members have short-circuited thought processes. Basically, the brainwashing puts in "circuit breakers" that keeps them from objectively looking at anything, lest it instill the tiniest sliver of doubt.

When I was in college in 1990, George Bush Sr. was President. Lyndon LaRouch, famous anti-semite, Holocaust denier, racist, and overall nutball had not yet been arrested, and he was trying to get people to join his little cult. I had a brief conversation with a LaRouchite cultist as he was manning a sign-up table. Here it is word-for-word:

Me: How can you believe someone who says the Holocaust never happened?

Him: You've swallowed Bush's lies!

Me: *pause* No, I hate Bush. I voted against him. I'm talking about LaRouche. He's on record stating that the Holocaust never happened.

Me: Look, I have a tape of him saying this.

Me: *thoroughly exasperated and looking at the other occupied tables* Somebody hit him! He's stuck!

No matter what evidence I gave, even if it was ironclad, it was like it didn't exist. Anything uncomplementary was all a lie from Bush. If I showed him a videotape of LaRouche saying all these things, he would insist it was a forgery. This is the kind of irrational behavior I expect we may see from Jill for a while, unless something violently "snaps" her from this delusion. And when she does snap out of it, it can go literally any which way.... :smirk
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

there is a little twist to her circumstances and how she ends up seperated form them which will put a different spin on that. but i wont spoil it....
killer bee
Lubber
Lubber

Post by killer bee »

i REALLY like austens work but something about dracos really bothering me. his mystique is terrible, he wrote such a wonderful origin issue of her but to see how out of character he wrote her in the dinning hall i'm starting to believe all those trolls out there who curse austens writing.
Politely Cryptic
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Politely Cryptic »

The way I see it, Mystique is acting in a completely understable way. She's spent God knows how much time floating around in Abyss (which was probably not very fun) and then, when she finally gets out, what happens? She's spit out right into the middle of a confrontation with the man who ruined her life. Is it any wonder she's a little off? Girl's having one hell of a bad day. Seeing Az again has probably brought up all kinds of feelings she just doesn't want to deal with.
Cry me a river, then build me a bridge and get over it.
killer bee
Lubber
Lubber

Post by killer bee »

i doubt it mystique is a tought lady i doubt being stuck in abyss portal for five minutes would make her forget all the painful things azazel did to her. mystique is the tyoe to bear grudges not sit quietly and wink at the man who destroyed her chance at true happiness.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

the thing you are forgetting hto... we may have only learned about what Azzy did to her a short while ago, but to her, it was a LONG time ago! she's had several other relationships since then. I am positive she probably valued her relationship with Destiny a lot more than Azzy, tho yeah i am sure it hurt at the time.

plus, as was shown during X-Corps when she was sucked into Abyss in the first place, she was prtty psychotic and more than a little insane.
killer bee
Lubber
Lubber

Post by killer bee »

mystique isnt the type to simply forget things if she indeed did forgive azazel she wouldnt be sitting there winking and making kissy faces at him. she give him dirty looks and be calculating to destroy him.but the "real" mystique would have rose from her chair and thrown a punch at him not caring about the consequences just getting her payback. thats all what mystiques about,payback she did it to forge and sabertooth and shes even planing on doing it to charles.her whole appearnce in draco doesnt sit well with me, why did she come out of abyss portal wearing a dress when she came in wearing a white body suit?
Politely Cryptic
Lubber
Lubber

Mystique is a calculating, manipulative b*tch. You really think she would risk her life to get some cheap payback like punching Azazel? She'd probably bide her time, lull him into a false sense of security and then, at the right moment, she'd get her revenge, and it would be a lot worse then a piddly punch in the face.
iceman06
Lubber
Lubber

Post by iceman06 »

Havok has no where near enough in his bladder to form a new body for Iceman. They'd need roughly 100 times what Havok's bladder can hold at full capacity, and considering how people usually don't wait that long, the most he'd get out is a couple cups full at most. Even if the bladder was full, there probably wouldn't be enough for hands and feet. The only thing that would work would be for Iceman to kill Havok by draining all the water from Havok's body and use it for his own...and that would be barely enough considering how he wouldn't have the other 1/3 of Havok's body. And if Iceman purifies the water he pulls from the air which I agree with, why did he have metal in his ice when he tried to stop Polaris? Can someone verify that Havok was just telling a cruel joke?
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Well- another thing I just realized- The context-

Havok could very well be saying this because he's pissed at Bobby- He just learned that Bobby has spent the entire time they've known each other being jealous,

OK- It's s stretch, I know.
Politely Cryptic
Lubber
Lubber

Even if Havok is completely serious about this, who says Iceman will go along with it? It's not like he has to.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

I dunno, if im just a head, i wouldnt mind going through that to have my body back, sometimes you gotta make sacrifices :p
Originally posted by Politely Cryptic
Even if Havok is completely serious about this, who says Iceman will go along with it? It's not like he has to.
Call me King!
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

*reads*
*clicks on link*

EEEUUUYYYYUUUCCCKKKK!!!!!

Gross!
Gross!
Gross!Gross!Gross!Gross!Gross!Gross!Gross!

yukky yukky yukky ....

Don't do it Alex!

urgh...

okay now i've got that over with,

i think Mystique will do the sneaky thing, she _is_ the type to hold grudges - off kilter or not, she's probably thinking of ways that she can do something painful to Azzy and get back to Earth ... just in time to do her next ish of the Mystique series *:mystique falls over in shock*
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Mystique could also be pulling a Hamlet, too-

Feigning insanity to cover up the fact that she's plotting revenge

Hey, Alex was playing Hamlet with Bobby's head........
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Harlekein »

I'll disagree on the Hamlet comparison since he isn't mad in my eyes but a bloody fool. And I too am surprised at how Mystique is acting but according to herself in her own series, the X-Corp one was actually not her so we could be dealing with a fake Mystique.
Politely Cryptic
Lubber
Lubber

Ah, but this is supposed to be taking place before the Mystique series. I wouldn't be surprised if Mystique was just claiming someone was impersonating her so she wouldn't have to deal with the consequences of Sunpyre's murder. It's not exactly like Mystique is a paragon of truth and virtue, after all.