The Massively Multiplaying Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG)

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
lonewolf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by lonewolf »

Atm at home i play a game called 'Asheron's Call 2 Fallen Kings' It's an MMO RPG. You can design your own character and what you do. You have xp and lvls there are 50 lvls at the max. here is a link to the home site http://www.ac2hq.com.

Wait it gets interesting. The designers of this game have now made a new game. This time however the players can now play as mutants. You can make a custom character and you can decide wether you want to be a Psycher a Claw fighter a Weather worker or a Wall walker. In every class there are two sub classes which you can choose. It is gonna be the reatest game ever. You can do quests to get ceartain xp. And you can link up in fellowships with other people to do stuff and you can kiull mobs and stuff. It is gonne be wicked :D
Today i didn't fell like crying because i realised that life is just to short.

People got killed. Bad things happened. But at the end of the day, life was only another ride, like it or not, I'd been given a ticket, so what else could I do but hang on and enjoy it and save the tears for when it was time to get off.

Both quotes from 'Sex and the City'.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

ALL RIGHT!! *gives lonewolf a :sausage and a BIIIG :kiss*

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
malicous_monk_muppet
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by malicous_monk_muppet »

Wait a tic, seriously? Danm, can't say i ever played AC2 but i've played EQ, AO, DaoC, and a few other mmorpgs i just can't think of. However, to be honest i'm a bit skeptical. Every single time an MMORPG gets too creative they allways find a way to screw it up, so as a seasoned vet of EQ since it came out and many other MMORPGs since they came out as well i think i shall reserve praise till the game comes out.
Yes, i know malicious is spelled with another I. It is my protest agaisn't my smarter half. Him with all his knowing and stuff. Wow...shiny....
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I want this soooooooooo bad!! :cry :cry :cry When does it come out?

~Siona

-- SheCat.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

There's also a RPG coming out in May; X-Men Legends. You can make a team of four characters and fight your way through levels and stuff. You can also fight multiplayer and level team members up so they can fight better...sounds a bit like Pokemon to me, but I'm waiting with my fingers crossed!
My team: Nighty (of course), Gambit (no duh), Rogue (Ms. Marvel powers rule!) and Colossus (no clue why).
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
the parasite eve
Lubber
Lubber

The Massively Multiplaying Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) starring the X-men

Post by the parasite eve »

That's cool.

Here's hoping it doesn't turn out to be a dud experience like Phantasy Star Online.

I am eagerly awating FF11 though, but I will keep this X-Men MMORPG on my radar. ;)
[Insert Witty Comment Here]
(Also known as 'mekairinek' in the chat)
lonewolf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by lonewolf »

It's apparenty coming out some time late next year, it should be wicked. Malicious monk, i agree completely with what you say. On AC2 they have monthly updates where they make improvements to the game. One monthly episode they made a MASSIVE screw up to the game and i almost stopped playing it. They upped the mobs armour and lowered the damadge of the player. To be honest, the game wasn't really ready when it came out. Now however, it is a wicked game and they have inproved the graphics. i recommend that you buy it at all costs. I thought that Phantasy Star Online os the 2nd worst game ever for MMORPG's it was rubbish

People got killed. Bad things happened. But at the end of the day, life was only another ride, like it or not, I'd been given a ticket, so what else could I do but hang on and enjoy it and save the tears for when it was time to get off.

malicous_monk_muppet
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

2nd worst? Heh whats the first. If i were to give a first it would have to be anarchy online, holy shit that sucked. I mean flat out no fun what so ever. To be honest i never played AC 1 so i never really got into AC 2. Mind telling me what AC 2 does that other MMORPGS (mostly EQ, EQ OA, and Daoc) are lacking?
Yes, i know malicious is spelled with another I. It is my protest agaisn't my smarter half. Him with all his knowing and stuff. Wow...shiny....
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Phantasy Star Online is only 2nd worst? Ooh, I quiver at the though of a game even crappier than THAT. :shocked

~Siona

-- SheCat.
lonewolf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by lonewolf »

Well ac2 has the great gameplay the fun quests the armour the emotes damnit they rock. If you put in /stretch you character will actually stratch there are dances as well and music and instruments and the pvp and kvk areas.

The worst ever MMORPG has to be the Medal Of Honour allied assault online thingy it is S***t

malicous_monk_muppet
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Medal of Honor an mmorpg!? Do you mean world war 2 online, maybe? I can't see how anything can be worse than AO. Nothing worked, broken classes, bugged out pvp, broken pvp, broken missions, missions only thing to do, bland scenery, bland enemies, useless enemies, bugged enemies, my martial artist punching 4 rooms across, my martial artists being punched from 4 rooms across, falling through the ground, broken trade skills, no upper level game, useless gms, some sort of memory leak that screwed up your machine, a payment "bug" that hindered the ability to stop paying, decent graphics if you have a top of the line machine, instead of fixing the game they came out with an expansion pack, i'd keep going but i once went from A to Z back to A again with reasons.
lonewolf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by lonewolf »

C-rap insults, stuff like your dead.
R-eally boring guns like Pistol and Rifle (boring)
A-rial. What. You need an arial to play it
P-rices are WAY to high (£20.00 per month)

G-reat big whole in the enemies iq. Shoots own team
A-ss holes. The admin are asshooles
M-assive dial up connections take 25mins
E-quality of the graphics is crap

What does it spell CRAP GAME

Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

jessicawats wrote:Any news on current updates? Its been a while sine the last updates happen.

regards,
jessica
Yeah, like six years.

And seems like Turbine has never developed such game.

You should instead check out City Of Heroes and more recent Champions Online.

[Edited on 7-11-2009 by Slarti]