Sean Phillips

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Sean Phillips

Post by Bamfette »

well. after reading some more heartless bashing of his work on X-Fan *grumbes to gerself about ignorant posters* i wrote to Sean Phillips telling him how much his art kicked ass. and asking about Holy War...

one, he finished up his last issue of Uncanny, 415 today. from the sounds of things he would be interesed in doing more, but he read on the internet just like the rest of us that Kia was hired as a new artist... but no one told Sean, so he does not know if this affects his standing on the book at all. so, we'll see if he will be sticking aorund on Uncanny. i would like it if he did as i really enjoy his work. he says he will be doing a 12 issue crime series for Wildstorm in the meantimecalled Sleeper

and of most import to people here, the straight dirt on what is going on with Holy War
Re: Holy War...
With the departure of Mark Powers, it probably wont happen now. Joe only wants to do it if I draw it, and he'll have to wait almost a year for me to get started on it. By then Nightcrawler, in Uncanny, may have changed too much the Joe's story to fit into continuity...
so there ya have it, confirmation that it is still tentatively in the works, and it features Nightcrawelr primarily if it does happen. but IF it happens, it looks as though we will have to wait a long while. this may be good tho, since by then perhaps some peoples aversion to anything Casey will have lessened... especialy if Hip Flask, Wildcats and Automatic Kafka do well.
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Sean Phillips

Post by BamfKat »

I kinda figured Holy War was gonna be shelved. Hopefully Austen will handle the loose ends well enough.

I hate anime. Austen will have to write like no one else if I am going to keep reading Uncanny. Yes, I hate it that bad.

:(
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Sean Phillips

Post by Bamfette »

i don't hate it, but i don't like it either. i really do not understand peoples excitement over this *just* because he is a manga artist. it baffles me, it really does. i jsut read on X-Fan that Paige got drawn with typical anime huge eyes :rolleyes: *sigh* i was hoping he would tone down cliche stuff like that, but oh well.. the person who said that said the guys got regular sized eyes, atleast.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Sean Phillips

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by seanphillips

Starting a new issue of Uncanny X-Men today, my fourth of Chucks'. I get to draw Northstar in his cool new outfit...
you know what this means, yes? 415 isn't Seans last issue afterall. Sean is sticking around! and sicne ihe is drawing Northies new costume, it is AFTER Kia is on the book. hey, as many artists to offset Kia's art as possible is fine by me. ;)

not a manga fan.... atleast, not in the X-Men.... and pointy hair aside, i love Seans work
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Sean Phillips

Post by Panz »

Sweet! I dont mind musical artists, so long as they are all GOOD artists. IMHO I would like it if each arc had only one artist tho'.
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Sean Phillips

Post by Bamfette »

it believe that is how it is planned. hasn't Chuck been saying all his arcs are 3-4 issues and one artist handles the entire arc?
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Sean Phillips

Post by Crawler »

I saw the previews of Kia's work in...Wizard, maybe? I give every artist and writer a chance, and I'll, of course, give Kia a chance, but from what I saw I wasn't impressed. Of course, I have yet to see Kia's (I'd say his or her, but I have no idea if it's a girl or guy) work "in action" so I'll hold off on any REAL judgement. And I like Sean's work because it was consistent. Consistency is the big selling point for an artist for me. :D
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.