another Uncanny mystery character revealed

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

yet again one of Chucks mystery characters has been spoiled by an outside source :p you gotta give the guy credit for trying to surprise us, but it seems it just is not to be...

preview pages of Uncanny pencileld by Kia Asamiya were shown (? what happened to Garney and Phillips?) and spoiled the fact that the former Gen Xer Mystery Character is.... Husk!!

it also said "JUGGERNAUT will be seen hanging around the x-mansion." egad, could it be...? well that would be the one to send tremmors through fandom or whatever the exact wording was.. :ooh:

ok now i gotta make a Husk smilie...
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BlueJubatus »

lol, HUSK, YAY!!!!!!!
shes pretty cool...i hope Juggly nuts is just gonna be an enemy, him on the team would be a baaaaad thing.:P
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Husk, she's related to Banshee isn't she? I've got a card of her, though I've never really seen her in action.. hmm, it'll be interesting. I agree Blue Jubatus, Jugs better be a baddy, or else i'll kick myself in the ass! He's a born and bred baddy.. well not really, but he's bad.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

nope, nope, scratch that, it's Cannonball's brother.. wouldn't that make her Cyclops' brother too!?
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

no... Husk and Cannonball are from a large family... but it is not a part of the Summers Dynasty in any way.

Juggy isn't really THAT bad. sure he was big and tough and beat up the X-Men on a regular basis, but i can think of 2 times off the top of my head where he didn't even start it. well, atleast not entirely ;) he was, aside from things involving Xavier, usually more of a henchman, the muscle behind the brains. and in X-Men Forever he swore off the life of a villain (tho apparently went back on that in the Cyclops Icon mini) there are certain villains i could never see being accepted onto the side of good, but Juggernaut... i dunno, i could see him switching sides. besides, everyone used to think Emma Frost was bad to the core, but look how great she was in Gen X and now in New :) not to mention Rogue...

now i a not saying he will be going all nice and sweet on us, i am sure it will be a bumpy road if it happens, but...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

i thought cannonball was bro to scott? and as for rogue switching sides... SAY WHAT!? when did she go bad. Emma is a good example, though i think another, even though it was just for a brief time is Mags in AoA, oh and sabretooth with that coolar thing that keeps him in line. I dunno though, i kinda have a bad guy respect for Jugs, I can see him going good, but there is so little bad guys anymore, everyone either dies or disappears for a really long time. also, where can i find the Cyce icon, i wanna read that!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

that's colar thing, sorry, i can't type
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

no, Rogue went good. :) she started out as a villain, with Mystiques brotherhood. she whooped the Avengers ass' (which is how she got her flight, super strength and invulnerability, actually, permanently absorbed the powers of Carol Danvers, aka Ms. Marvel) and the X-Mens on a few occasions before she joined. it took them quite a while to warm up to her because of her reputation

Magneto also joined the side of good in regular continuity. he led and taught the New Mutants in the late 100's of X-Men, around the time of the Morlock Massacre. i'd have to look up more specific references than that.

and you are probably thinking of Havok. Alex Summers. Cannonball's last name (and Paige's) is Duthrie. i may have spelled that wrong...

and... instead of multi posting, you CAN edit your posts to fix mistakes
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ces »

:laugh: I think Duthrie actually sounds kinda sweet! :p But for the record, their real - and more so over - boring name is Guthrie...
:lockheed into Uncanny! :austen
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

doh, i know, that occured to me after i went to bed last night... i was having a blond moment when i typed that and the name just wouldn't come to me :p ah well, it sounds close.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

Like sounds (er - sands) through the hourglass, these are the Days of our Mutants..... :laugh:
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Originally posted by Bamfette
You know I'm always thinking that.. Why does no one ever use the edit button?:?
Anyhoo, Yay Paige! She kicks! Come to think of it, so does Sam even if he's not in Uncanny!:laugh: I don't know about Cain however!:P It would be interesting to see him on the good side. Personally for the most part, I'm not a big villain fan, so my feeling is the more baddies they can turn good, the better, but I also feel they should of course not make them all good! I mean there needs to be the struggle between rightness and evil and all that still!;)
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

oh, i thought she only started bad in Evolution, oh in the real comics too huh? Cool! Anyhoo, I just picked up this comic from Blue DJ (didn't even know he had it!) It's Spider-man chapter one, I guess it's just the spider man story over, with more bepth... umm... what happened to those, and isn't Ultimate Spider-man kinda that anyways. Like doesn't it do the story over, with slight differences?
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

Quick note on Jugger.

Recently, back when they did X-Men Forever, at the end of the story line Juggy goes straight. He decides to work for shield. It was also in this story line that Bobby was coming to understand his powers better.

But after the story eneded none of the X-Men creators used anything that was developed in the issues. Bobby went back to being, well unsure and bobby. And Juggy went back to crime.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

ah, but that's jsut the thing. after several people pestered him, Chuck read X-Men Forever and said he would be developing some ideas from there further ;) they were talking primarily about Iceman, but rememebr one mystery character was added after all the rest fairly recently. maybe Chuck saw that and though 'hey, i should follow up on this Juggernaut thing...'
Sugah
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Sugah »

Oh my gawd!

Husk!!!!! I'm amazingly pleased. She was always my favourite character in Generation X, and now she'll finally be an X-Man!! She always wanted that. Go Paige!!!!!
"I mean, look at Cable. Look at that bloody *gun*. It's bigger'n *he* is. What does that say to people?" -- Pete Wisdom,

"Kitty, are you nearly done? I think you're just playing with them now."
"Give me a minute. This one's still got his eyes open." -- Pete and Kitty

"If there is anyone present who can think of a reason why we should not have our heads examined for trusting Spiral, may you speak now or forever hold your peace. Then by the power vested in me as Excalibur's team leader, I pronounce this mission a 'Go'!"
"*sniff* I always cry at weddings." -- Kurt and Kitty, Excalibur #109
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

ah, but that's jsut the thing. after several people pestered him, Chuck read X-Men Forever and said he would be developing some ideas from there further ;) they were talking primarily about Iceman, but rememebr one mystery character was added after all the rest fairly recently. maybe Chuck saw that and though 'hey, i should follow up on this Juggernaut thing...'
As long as Marvel stupidly killed off Colossus, Juggy could be a replacement. Hey, he's another armored strongman...:juggy:

:bamf:
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

Originally posted by little Blue Lucy
You know I'm always thinking that.. Why does no one ever use the edit button?:?
Hey, I doo...uh, doh...(DAMN!...uh, du...oh hell! :laugh:

:bamf:
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

oooohhh. juggy made his first apeparacne today! but i don't think he's looking to be freindly jsut yet and only Nightcrawler, Stacy (who is in a state of panic) and Iceman are left to deal with him. uh-oh :p

Dave, Nighty is back. it was jsut like the old days, he was cracking jokes the entire issue, it was jsut the greatest thing ever :D
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Post by little Blue Lucy »

That's it! I'm getting that issue today!
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BlueJubatus »

LOL, I just got it too!!!! Im so happy!!:)