The End of the Universe as we know it

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

The End of the Universe as we know it

Post by Saint Kurt »

There's been some interesting news...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/20/ ... n-may-2015.

http://www.newsarama.com/23276-the-marv ... nding.html

Are just a few of the articles. I find myself wondering what the new universe will like and if it will be more tightly tied to the films.

-e
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: The End of the Universe as we know it

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I was actually pretty excited about this on Chat and got sort of a cold shoulder over it! Thanks for also being interested, SK!

I think the new Universe may have a feel of the films, but this has happened whenever new movies come out, regardless of the book or publisher. My biggest concerns are as follows:

-Does placing Miles as Spider-Man in the same universe as Peter Parker automatically negate his purpose/uniqueness and in terms of society's white-male-hetero-norm, isn't he automatically second rung? That's not the best message Marvel should send.

-Are we getting dead characters back? Older characters rejuvenated? So Captain American gets to be non-white for 6 months... Cool. Bit of a waste. Wolverine's dead for 7. Deadpool for less than 5. And if they eradicate Ms. Marvel (Kamala) I'll be furious.

-Combining Ult/616/Other universes sounds like a nice trick -- but what then? Why have a Marvel version of "Crisis on Infinite Earths" if your creators are going to want to spin out and try new stories later anyway?

-Jonathan Hickman, the most long-winded writer to ever write a comic is penning this. That scares me.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS