X-Men Legacy Discussion

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

X-Men Legacy Discussion

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So I began to read X-Men Legacy when the girlfriend realized she could get her monthly Gambit fix from this book (though she still claims there's not enough Gambit in it which is why we'll be reading Astonishing soon).

Point is, we picked it up. Gage was never a huge guy for me to follow, and I certainly never care enough about any of the members on this team to spend my money on it. But being it's JAIME who is spending the money, I gladly read along and find that the title, now that the team is based in HeadMaster Wolverine's new school, is finally of some interest to me.

This recent arc with Exodus is interesting. Anyone else enjoying??
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Re: X-Men Legacy Discussion

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

I started reading whatever story arc was being Fives Miles South of the Universe, which was my whole reason for picking the title up in the first place because I need my Rachel fix. It was easily my least favorite of the books I read. I just could not stand Rogue. At all. Especially not with the whole Rogue/Magneto/Gambit love triangle thing. I also found Gambit fairly disappointing, as he's excellent in X-23.

However, I stuck with it just because I love Rachel, and I think it has improved since the team's sided with Wolverine. It's still far from my favorite book (hard to beat Wolverine and the X-men), but I've found it more enjoyable since the start of the arc with Exodus.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm very excited to see what else they do to develop the characters during AvX, 'cause the rest of it has been sort of ... lame. The writing at least.

I think I'm just not a fan of ... Gischler or whatever his name is.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So I read #263, and while I appreciate the action and the story, and the immediate dilema being faced (which is: "Who's right, Scott or Logan?", which I swear was resolved in ReGenesis but whatever) I feel like Gage is putting WAY too much focus on Rogue. The rest of the team is a functioning group around her with their own character development, but it's all very background in comparison to her. Her presence in the comic is so overwhelming, I wonder how Gage doesn't get sick and tired of her, as I'm starting to. (And I only started reading this after Regenesis).

One thing I will say though... this split (Schism), no matter how you look at it, from which team... I feel like this little "Schism" wouldn't have happened if Kurt had not died. It would not have thrown Scott into such generalissimo mode, he would've been able to rationalize between the two (Logan/Scott), and maybe -- MAYBE, have convinced Scott to re-open the school and helped Logan find the confidence to be the headmaster. I think they could've done just about, if not entirely, everything that has been going on in each of the X-Books without the events of SCHISM.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm so glad I wrote that last post down.

Not even a week ago really, and Rogue (or Gage rather) echoes my exact sentiments.

"Ah miss Kurt, he was our heart. Can't help feelin' like if he was alive the X-Men never woulda split. Ain't felt so alone in a long time, and here Ah am, makin' it worse." - :rogue

Fact. X-Men Legacy page like... 3? Top panel. SAID.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

GOD THIS BOOK SUCKS!!!!

:rogue :rogue :rogue all damn issue. I'm so glad it's ending.
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

Does that mean you won't be picking it up after the relaunch with Legion as the focal point? ;)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Absofreakinlutely I will not be reading this book any longer, and I'm pretty sure the girlfriend has had her fill too. We'll see though.