Uncanny X-force Thread

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: Uncanny X-force Thread

Post by Sundown »

I liked it as well; it was a nice set-up issue. It was interesting to see a glimpse of what their personal hells were at the very end. Hopefully the next issue goes into it more.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Looks like we might have a new member joining in July. No images or word on who it is yet, but any guesses?

If they're following their previous patterns it'll most likely be someone who is not a frequented X-Man but someone who appears in the comics enough.

Would be sort of cool if Gambit joined though >_> Just sayin'.
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

The solicit cover for issue #29 has an (apparently) aged Wolverine, Cable and Punisher fighting a normal-aged Psylocke.

I'm still more worried about who they're going to kill off. :-(
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Have they officially said they're killing someone off? And also -- is there a chance Punisher and/or Cable could be NEW members?

Sundown, I couldn't find a picture. Got one?
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Have they officially said they're killing someone off? And also -- is there a chance Punisher and/or Cable could be NEW members?

Sundown, I couldn't find a picture. Got one?
http://comicrelated.com/autogallery/mar ... 29_COV.jpg

And yes, Remender says he is actually killing two characters from the team.

"The Brotherhood's plan will devastate X-Force and have a major impact on the book's status quo. "After issue #27 there will be a death in the team. There will be a new member and there will almost be a complete reset. A ball-peen hammer is going to come down around issue #27 in a pretty huge and crazy way. If you've been a fan of the series so far you're not going to want to miss this," Remender said. "This was something that I didn't think would get approved, to be honest. Nick Lowe and I worked on it quite a bit and made sure that it was natural, unpredictable, and was much bigger than 'The Dark Angel Saga.' That was a huge challenge too because I went pretty big in that story. I wanted to make sure that if we were going to do another big epic that this thing was an escalation and we definitely have that. I think people will see that by issue #27."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=37357
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=38335

The verbal interview mentions the second character.
http://www.newsarama.com/common/media/v ... ?aid=46209
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

OHMYGOD FANTOMEX/PSYLOCKE PLEASE DIE AND GO AWAY! LOL
they're so TIRESOME in that book!

You think that's what "Deadpool: DEAD" is? Or did that pass already?
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:OHMYGOD FANTOMEX/PSYLOCKE PLEASE DIE AND GO AWAY! LOL
they're so TIRESOME in that book!

You think that's what "Deadpool: DEAD" is? Or did that pass already?
The Deadpool thing passed already. The serum he was after did remove his healer factor, so Wade can die, but also restored his good looks.

I'm sincerely hoping that the death will be Fantomex and E.V.A.. He and Betsy both supposedly have quit X-Force after issue #25, but they're on the solicit cover for #28, so apparently they won't stay gone.

Both the written interviews talk about AoA 'Crawler having an upcoming story-arc for Final Exec, so I hope his first story won't end up being his last. :-( I'm not sure yet what the story will cover. In issue #24 he talks about the fact that Blob murdered his wife, and issue #25 has a flashback of the event. Then again, Remender talked about the Mystique thing in the second interview.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I wonder if he's ballsy enough to kill off a previous X-Force member, someone returning? Warpath? Domino? That's a bit overreaching though, I think.

E.V.A.? Is that... wait who the hell is E.V.A.?
Also, no one's ruled out Wolverine. I know it's unlikely, but I've said it before I'll say it again. If they can kill Logan for a year, and keep him dead? See what Marvel does for a year without Logan, watch the characters struggle, etc...? That'd be interesting. Make the Marvel Readers remember why he's in so many titles.
"This was something that I didn't think would get approved, to be honest. " Cooouuullld be. Unlikely... but I can cross my fingers and tosies and hope so.
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:I wonder if he's ballsy enough to kill off a previous X-Force member, someone returning? Warpath? Domino? That's a bit overreaching though, I think.

E.V.A.? Is that... wait who the hell is E.V.A.?
Also, no one's ruled out Wolverine. I know it's unlikely, but I've said it before I'll say it again. If they can kill Logan for a year, and keep him dead? See what Marvel does for a year without Logan, watch the characters struggle, etc...? That'd be interesting. Make the Marvel Readers remember why he's in so many titles.
"This was something that I didn't think would get approved, to be honest. " Cooouuullld be. Unlikely... but I can cross my fingers and tosies and hope so.
E.V.A. is the external nervous system of Fantomex, and the biological circle ship thing they travel in at times. It is a little bit like that old 80's TV program, Nightrider, with the talking car. It's...weird. But in a parallel future, where Fanto had died, she'd evolved into a separate entity apart from him. She seems to be counted as an additional member of X-Force at times.

I guess it is possible they'll off Wolverine. They did just start him in a title that takes place in the past, and that would be uneffected by a current time-line death. A version will also be in the exiles type title with the little kid Nightcrawler, which is AU.

I'm wondering if that thing about getting approval might be turning Psylocke, or maybe even Wolverine, into a villain? Right now, Psylocke claims to be dying inside, and unable to feel sorrow, etc. Logan, in UXF #25, was utterly embracing the animal inside, while in WatXM was saying he was unable to kill Hope because he was different now.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So...

Farouk is in the New Brotherhood, huh? That's interesting.

Farouk, Blob, Mystique, Sabertooth, & this muscle guy from the arc before I was reading the series. Interesting...

Hopefully Betty will actually die-die for once.
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

We'll see. I'd guess that right now Bets is just under mind-control. As of September solicits, Darkholme is still alive and well, so he may not be the advertised death on the team.
http://comicrelated.com/autogallery/mar ... 1_cov1.jpg
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm souped for stuff to happen. I am loving Darkholme and I really want him to stick around, at least for another year.

I would be terribly upset if they kill him.
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:I'm souped for stuff to happen. I am loving Darkholme and I really want him to stick around, at least for another year.

I would be terribly upset if they kill him.
Agree on all counts
Dazy
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Dazy »

SO.
UNCANNY X-FORCE 27.
SPOILERS AHOY

So....how is Darkholme getting back to AoA?
No. I do not want him staying in 616. After he kills everyone he's supposed to, he needs to go back home. But with Gateway gone, how is he going to do that??
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

Dazy wrote:SO.
UNCANNY X-FORCE 27.
SPOILERS AHOY

So....how is Darkholme getting back to AoA?
No. I do not want him staying in 616. After he kills everyone he's supposed to, he needs to go back home. But with Gateway gone, how is he going to do that??
That's the second exit ramp they've closed off for him. Dark Beast and Sugarman already apparently destroyed the route they used when they returned to AOA, so no one else could follow them back.
Dazy
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Dazy »

I really don't want Kurt to stay in 616. I was hoping that Hope, once getting a hold of the Phoenix in AvX, would bring Wagner back (come to think of it, why haven't the Phoenix 5 done that already!??)
But Darkholme's place is in AoA, and by the looks of it, they really could use him.

Remender's a fantastic writer, I really hope he has something up his sleeve. (Then again, there was a giant explosion in Cavern-X I think by Ultimaton too...???)
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

Dazy wrote:I really don't want Kurt to stay in 616. I was hoping that Hope, once getting a hold of the Phoenix in AvX, would bring Wagner back (come to think of it, why haven't the Phoenix 5 done that already!??)
But Darkholme's place is in AoA, and by the looks of it, they really could use him.

Remender's a fantastic writer, I really hope he has something up his sleeve. (Then again, there was a giant explosion in Cavern-X I think by Ultimaton too...???)
Yes, some sort of nuclear looking explosion. Darkholme is still alive as of the solicts for #31, so I'm guessing either he teleports everyone to safety before the explosion or EVA does something. They will apparently land somewhere "they've never been before", according to what promos say.

Brevoort is not pleasant when asked when the original NC will return. Given the addition of a kid version of the character in the new Xtreme title who also, by the looks, will have a similar personality to the original, I think there is more danger of the kidcrawler preventing the original Nightcrawler's return than Darkholme. At least Darkholme is used in a directly opposite manner than the original, with a distinct personality. The kid version seems to be a similar personality, only de-aged, so we now have a visual clue of how insignificant the writers consider Nightcrawler. :(
Dazy
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Dazy »

Well that's concerning.

Even more concerning. Xtreme being an AU would give me hope that it wouldn't really affect whether they bring Wagner back or not, but something tells me Marvel doesn't care about that.
I just want Wagner baaaccckkkk ; n ;
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

Dazy wrote:Well that's concerning.

Even more concerning. Xtreme being an AU would give me hope that it wouldn't really affect whether they bring Wagner back or not, but something tells me Marvel doesn't care about that.
I just want Wagner baaaccckkkk ; n ;
Pak has stated that Xtreme will be tying in with main universe sometime in the future.

I agree about wanting him back. :(
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So...

That was cool two issues, huh?

What'd we think? I like the cast change up. What do we think happened to Psylocke?
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

At least Darkholme had some dialogue in #28 and even showed some concern for something other than revenge.

I'm indifferent about the addition of EVA so far -- I wasn't a huge fan of Fanto, but I didn't hate him, either. Whatever happened to Bets won't be permanent. Remender is far too focused on her for that to happen.

Picked up the first X-Treme. Pretty cheesy, IMO. Kid Kurt was portrayed as expected with the token cute side-kick meaningless lines.
Dazy
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Dazy »

I think it's pretty obvious that they're going to save Betsy just in time.

As for the whole time jump thing...I just really hope that when they get back, it's before
1) Deadpool gets rid of his healing factor (how is he alive though??? hello? cancer??)
2) Fantomex dies
3) Gateway dies
4) Evan gets kidnapped.
Because I really freaking love Genesis and I don't want the Brotherhood's grimy hands on him and he's an angel and shouldn't have to deal with that kind of loss so early in life. :C

Me and my Deadpool roleplay buddy were having a bit of a laugh while reading 28 though, since Kurt was the one to mention how dumb it was for DP to go around without a healing factor (and I roleplay as Darkholme, so it felt fitting.)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

LOL That is funny. I hope no one who wanted to read this issue (and hasn't yet) doesn't read that post though.

I do love this issue however, this arc is much MUCH better than the previous one.
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

Deadpool lost his healing factor in his own series, so that's probably staying around for a while. I was rather confused at his recovery of his looks and the cancer cure, too. Either I completely missed why the serum would fix all that or there was no explanation. :shrug
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

I don't remember there being an explanation, just that the serum was derived from Wade's early DNA (before he got his healing factor, etc).

Also, it looks like Wolverine will be off UXF after the Final Execution arc. Would be great if Darkholme would end up leading the team afterwards, since that was the rumour when Remender first brought him on board.