What's Your Dream Team X-Comic?

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So as the title suggests, I'm looking for your "Dream Team" comic book title revolving around X-Characters.

It can be UXM, XM, UXF, XFac, XML, XCAL, any of the others, or it can be something long cancelled or even better, something completely of your own imagining!

The idea is this:

-Who is on the team?

-What is the ideal over-all-story-arc?

-Who is the writer?

-Who does Pencils? Colors? (Can be same person)

-Who edits (if you want to get that specific)?

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! ;)
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Well shoot, guess I will go first. :toothy

I'd have to say an ideal writer would be Zeb Wells. He captures the heart of a dramatic situation really well (like Brubaker does actually), but he writes with the same humor that Dan Slott or Jason Aaron might. His knowledge of the characters (at least of the ones he has written about) has proven to be wonderfully vast, as well as accurate, and his general writing capabilities are somewhere on par with Brian Michael Bendis. Like him or hate him for his large story arcs, he's one of the best writers in the business.

For artist, I'd have to say Bacchalo. I know he's got a funny style that is very love/hate it, but I love it and I can never get enough of it. Not that Clayton Crain or Humberto Ramos or many others can't draw a great character but... there's something about his stuff that really fits the title I'm trying to make.

However; if this is truly a dream team, I'd have Bacchalo do artwork and Andy Kubert do all the covers. Maybe even important .1 or stand alone issues.

So... the title would be UXM. Uncanny X-Men. I like the idea of making up a new book, but something about the original, namebrand, stamp of Stan-Lee-Approval really gets to me emotionally. I think working on a book like that would be a dream come true. So Uncanny it is. Now, my idea of Uncanny would be long after this Regenesis bull shit is resolved.

on my Uncanny team is the following members:

Team Leader:
Wolverine.
Yes. Logan. Get over it. I like him now, I get why he's so popular. He really does fit perfectly into almost any circle of characters. Even when he doesn't appear to fit, it helps his cause even more. He's a fun character who (over the last year at least) has gone through a great change.

-Phoenix (Rachel Grey)

-Nightcrawler (Kurt Darkholme ... like you had to ask :smirk )

-Iceman (Bobby Drake)

-Armor (Hisako Ichiki)

-Husk (Paige Guthrie)

-Chamber (Jon Starsmore)

-Bishop

I think that's a pretty awesome team, IMO. Who would you guys put in your line-up?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS